Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duderino13
Paper Tape
Views: 11,756
Message 1 of 29

Moto Z Force - Quick Charge 3.0?

Does the Moto Z Force support QC 3.0? If not, when will it get support?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 11,749
Message 2 of 29

Re: Moto Z Force - Quick Charge 3.0?

It doesn't.  I doubt that it can be added later since QC 3 requires specific circuitry.  However, QC technology is backwards compatible.

Please note that both QC 3 and QC 2 both support a max power of 18W, and QualComm isn't saying that QC 3 is faster, just that it's more efficient in its delivery.

Duderino13
Paper Tape
Views: 11,746
Message 3 of 29

Is that the definitive answer? 

The problem I'm seeing is that the Moto turbo charger is basically the same thing as QC3.0. 

QC3.0 supports the processor and that's the biggest prerequisite. There is no reason why the Z shouldn't support QC. 

I bought a ton of QC chargers for the Nexus 6, so I'm really rooting for the Z to support that tech.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 11,687
Message 4 of 29

@Duderino13 wrote:

Is that the definitive answer? 

The problem I'm seeing is that the Moto turbo charger is basically the same thing as QC3.0. 

QC3.0 supports the processor and that's the biggest prerequisite. There is no reason why the Z shouldn't support QC. 

I bought a ton of QC chargers for the Nexus 6, so I'm really rooting for the Z to support that tech.

Moto Z uses TurboPower a Motorola technology which supports the standard for Type C USB. USB-C does not support QC charging, but TurboPower delivers high charging rates via USB-C. Using the provided charger, Moto Z Droid can receive eight hours of charge in 15 minutes; Moto Z Droid Force can receive five hours charge in just five minutes.

You can use QC chargers with the Moto Z Droids but for optimal charging speed the Motorola supplied inbox charger will provide the fastest charging times.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Duderino13
Paper Tape
Views: 11,686
Message 5 of 29

Will more turbo power accessories be released soon? Does the Moto Z force work well with the older turbo power accessories?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 11,677
Message 6 of 29

@Duderino13 wrote:

Will more turbo power accessories be released soon? Does the Moto Z force work well with the older turbo power accessories?

Do you mean chargers when you say accessories? Not sure I undestand.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Duderino13
Paper Tape
Views: 11,673
Message 7 of 29

Yes. Car and wall chargers.

Will new ones be coming out?

Does the Moto Z Force work well with the older TurboPower car and wall chargers?

drwtsn32
Punch Card
Views: 11,672
Message 8 of 29

I don't have any QC 3.0 chargers but I have several QC 2.0 I used with the Droid Turbo.

I tested QC 2.0 with this phone and it doesn't work any better than a regular USB charger.  The current/voltage delivery is the same.

That being said, the charger that comes with the Moto Z is amazing.  It charges significantly faster than my Droid Turbo did with QC 2.0.

I'm eagerly awating 3rd party chargers from Anker or Aukey that work as well as the OEM one.

gwan0000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,638
Message 9 of 29

Where can I/ We, buy accessories that support the Motorola Turbo Charging capability?  Does Verizon Wireless sell them or ??

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 11,635
Message 10 of 29

Verizon has this one and it's branded Motorola, but it appears to be backordered.

Top Kudoed Authors