Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

30 Posts

10-06-2016

United States of America

99 Signins

697 Page Views

• Views: 697
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto Z Force: random partial or complete reboots

2016-10-22, 3:43 AM

Right after I got my device, I noticed it would randomly reboot (sometimes while in use, sometimes while it's just sitting there).  The reboot is one of two ways:

• the Lenovo boot/splash screen is shown, but only very briefly (~5 seconds), and I swipe my pattern to unlock. I'm shown my lock screen. 
  • the Lenovo boot/splash screen is shown for a while (the complete cold boot), and I have to enter my pattern to unlock and enable the full boot sequence before it continues through the full Lenovo animation. 

I've noticed this especially when on calls of a certain amount of time or after ending a call.  Today, I was on a call for 20 minutes and it rebooted (like the first bullet point), causing me to drop the call.

Options

30 Posts

10-06-2016

United States of America

99 Signins

697 Page Views

• Views: 697
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto Z Force: random partial or complete reboots

2016-10-25, 21:21 PM
Is there anything I can send? Are other people having this problem? It's really, really annoying.
Options

88 Posts

11-24-2014

United States of America

142 Signins

1536 Page Views

• Views: 1536
  • Message 3 of 6

2016-10-26, 2:31 AM

When I play certain games my moto force reboots Everytime I play.When I'm on certain videos in YouTube it does the same thing.But I knew better .I've had 3 moto force and they all did the same thing.I was one day past the time I could return the phone .Now I have it and the $500 worth of mods just sitting in the mod carry case I bought.I never use it .Now I'm stuck paying Verizon for 2 years for a phone I can't use.I can't use it as a daily if it's just gonna reboot 10 times a day.Contacted people at moto and Verizon but they want to send me another one that will do the same thing.Wonder if any of the other Z phones have this problem.Maybe I could trade or sale that way I can keep the mods.

Options

1 Posts

11-11-2016

United States of America

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 4 of 6

2016-11-11, 4:05 AM

Do you have a case on the phone? I had a case on mine that required the back to be taken off and the phone constantly power cycled itself. As soon as I took the case off it stopped and hasn't done it at all in 4 days now. 

Options

5 Posts

03-26-2014

United States of America

7 Signins

149 Page Views

• Views: 149
  • Message 5 of 6

2016-12-25, 17:43 PM

The phone reboots, while on a call, taking a picture, sending a text, checking email, reading a text message. This Nougat that came with this phone needs fixing ASAP. I had to disable notifications cause they were so loud on a call, when not on a call I could barly hear it also. So far this is a expencive ( over $1200.00 for phone, battery, and camera) papper weight. Very disapointed in the phone so far.

Options

219 Posts

08-26-2013

United States of America

318 Signins

3452 Page Views

• Views: 3452
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-01-04, 22:03 PM
I had left my phone with the screen on to observe how long the cpu cores would remain active after a reboot, because two cores have been consistently closing and not coming back up during use that I have been able to see.
I watched it for a couple of hours and all four cores were in use so I unplugged the turbo-charger and left the phone in a position that the screen would remain on. After about thirty minutes I noticed that the Lenovo splash screen was in progress and I had to enter my code to complete the reboot. After the restart everything was normal as far as I can tell. I've not used it enough for calls to determine if there is a problem there. This has happened three times altogether.
Robert Turnage
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms