Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamjeepy6
Paper Tape
Views: 30,644
Message 1 of 99

Moto Z Force scratched screens

Picked up 2 Moto Z Force for my wife and I and after a couple of weeks both have scratches in the screen. I always have used Motorola phones and never with any type of screen protector without having any scratches.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 30,631
Message 2 of 99

Re: Moto Z Force scratched screens

@iamjeepy6 wrote:
Picked up 2 Moto Z Force for my wife and I and after a couple of weeks both have scratches in the screen. I always have used Motorola phones and never with any type of screen protector without having any scratches.

The "unbreakable" screen on the Z force actually has a plastic top layer that is replaceable. It will not break if you drop it, but it can be scratched - that is shattershield.

The holy grail is unbreakable and unscratchable - but it hasn't been found. 

More about Shattershield and how to replace:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/111991/p/30,6720,983...

replacement lens link is broken right now.... but someone is working on it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
iamjeepy6
Paper Tape
Views: 30,499
Message 3 of 99

Thanks Will look into it.
MCN1SMO
Punch Card
Views: 30,281
Message 4 of 99

any updates on the broken link?  I have scratches on my screen from it just being in my pocket.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 30,259
Message 5 of 99

@MCN1SMO wrote:

any updates on the broken link?  I have scratches on my screen from it just being in my pocket.

We're still working on it -- sorry for the delay. Hope to have it available soon.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
sudoscientist
What's DOS?
Views: 29,516
Message 6 of 99

Any word on this? It's now been another two full weeks of "looking into it". I'm about ready to just try to replace my Lens with a glass screen protector; it's insanely susceptible to scratches and pockmarks out of the box and there's still no way to replace it through you guys. The phone has been out for over a month and a half now. This is ridiculous.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 29,471
Message 7 of 99

@sudoscientist wrote:

Any word on this? It's now been another two full weeks of "looking into it". I'm about ready to just try to replace my Lens with a glass screen protector; it's insanely susceptible to scratches and pockmarks out of the box and there's still no way to replace it through you guys. The phone has been out for over a month and a half now. This is ridiculous.

Agree, they should have been ready. It's a holiday right now in China so we're unable to get an update, but I'm hopeful that we'll have movement next week. Hang in there!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
gus214
Fanfold Paper
Views: 27,145
Message 8 of 99

Any update on this?  Over a month later, and no link update, or parts available.  Is there any way to get a replacement lense?  

This is frustrating, to put it lightly.  Is there any way to demote this to "not solved", as my phone isn't fixed and there's no way to fix it?

jesta192
SCSI Port
Views: 27,004
Message 9 of 99

@gus214 wrote:

Any update on this?  Over a month later, and no link update, or parts available.  Is there any way to get a replacement lense?  

This is frustrating, to put it lightly.  Is there any way to demote this to "not solved", as my phone isn't fixed and there's no way to fix it?

This ^

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 27,001
Message 10 of 99

At the present time, to the extent that it can be solved, it is solved.  The only way to replace the Shattershield lens is to send it in.

Nobody is happy about that.

Top Kudoed Authors