Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MotoBecky
Not applicable
Views: 243
Message 91 of 99

Re: Moto Z Force scratched screens

Hello BigMacOle1,

I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience.  I will be happy to reach out to you in regards to this issue.  I'll send you a private message so that I can get some personal information.

I'd like to just take a moment and clarify a few points that may not have been explained clearly or correctly.

The Z Force, does have a user replaceable lens or Shattershield and we do still have them available.  

The Z2 Force had a different kind of Shattershield and due to these changes, unfortunately it is not user replaceable.  We provide the customer with a Fed Ex Overnight pre-paid shipping label to send in the device and we ship it back to the customer Overnight with Fed Ex .  We ship overnight to cut down on the amount of time you will be without your device.  The shipping cost is included in the cost of getting the Shattershield replaced, its not an additional fee.

I'm sorry, it sounds like you were given information for the Z2Force instead of the Z Force, but I'm happy to help resolve this issue for you.  I'll be waiting for your reply to my private message so that I can assist you further.

Best regards.

Becky

sdkid
Not applicable
Views: 176
Message 92 of 99

I went ahead and paid that $50 to send mine in for replacement.  I got FREE overnight shipping to their facility in Texas--  I was told I had to pay for shipping as well, then they said they were emailing a pre-paid FedEx label.  OK.  I sent my phone to them Monday (June 10). 

My phone had a tiny crack on the right side of the screen, and the top layer was lifting OFF the device on the left side of the screen.  Simple items-- right??  I received an email today that said this:

Goods News. We have shipped you a Motorola certified replacement device since we were unable to repair your original device. You should be receiving it soon.

If you need any help, give us a call at 800-734-5870. We're open Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m., Saturday - Sunday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. CT.

Motorola Tracking Number (RMA):xxxxxx-xxxxxxx
Motorola Service Program - Liner Replacement
FedEx Tracking Number - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards,
Your Moto Care Team

Note - A robot sent this, so please DO NOT REPLY. Instead, use the contact information provided.

What the actual FUBAR is this?  I want MY phone back.  MY 2 year old battery was still lasting over 24 hours.  What are the odds I get a "certified replacement device" that has a battery that is on life support?  WHY in the hell would my phone be "unrepairable" with a simple top-layer fix to the shattershield?  Did they Break it?  it sure as hell was not broken in shipping.  AND-- I REALLY love that there is NO number or email to contact them and get further information.  How am I guaranteed that all of MY INFORMATION AND DATA on that phone are properly wiped out.  Sorry---  I want my **bleep** phone back, repaired, with the simple fix done to it that was agreed upon.

Such High Hopes.... dashed..... Smiley Frustrated

sajokaz
Not applicable
Views: 156
Message 93 of 99

You sent your phone in for repair without doing a factory reset?  With all your personal data still on the phone?

~Scott
sdkid
Not applicable
Views: 152
Message 94 of 99

Sadly, and Stupidly, yes I did.

If I had to do a factory reset to send it in for a SIMPLE screen repair, I never would have sent it. I DID remove the sim card and sd card.  This feels like a scam to me--  send your phone in for a simple repair-- Never see it again, and they send you some other phone.

btw---  I just got the replacement and activated it.  It looks beautiful and new....  I hope the battery is good.

Eagle328
Not applicable
Views: 139
Message 95 of 99

I would think the battery should be good or better than the one you had at this point. It would seem that based on what I've seen here, the batteries start to go after 1.5 to 2 years. So getting a refurbished one should mean that everything has been tested to a higher level that spot checking on a manufacturer floor. 

As for your data.... Even sending in any phone you should always factory reset it. Once someone has it, they could read it. Even if you get the same one back. 

I would say that almost all repair work on older models would end in a refurbished phone since the parts usually are no longer in stock but the will have refurbished units available.

Hopefully you phone will go another 2 years now.

sdkid
Not applicable
Views: 127
Message 96 of 99

yes---  I have Never sent in a device for a repair before.  Common sense eluded me completely, and what I did was really stupid.  That said, the instructions on the Lenovo repair site do not say to factory reset the phone before sending it in.  Here is what it does say:

Before sending your device in for repair or replacement, we recommend you take the time to back up all of your device's information.

This should make for a smooth transition once you receive the device back or the replacement device.

If you have received your device back, and need help restoring, click here.

I read this and thought "Well-- I'm not getting a replacement device-- I'm getting a repair"  Derp a derp derp...

Now I get the fun of Lots of password changes. Smiley Happy Ugh.

Eagle328
Not applicable
Views: 110
Message 97 of 99

I remember those days of remembering passwords for all my apps. Now with Oreo some 9f my phones, the system will remember them happily. Makes it a little less painful to get it setup again.

I see they did not say to factory reset the device but they did say to back it up. In my opinon it should say both. 

sdkid
Not applicable
Views: 89
Message 98 of 99

The replacement device says it was last charged fully 240 days, 8 hours ago... LOL

I did go into my Google account and sent a "Log out and ERASE all data" command for that device.  Not sure if that will be completed without an authorized network connection.... but perhaps Googles self-destruct will work for me some day.

Eagle328
Not applicable
Views: 65
Message 99 of 99

@sdkid wrote:

The replacement device says it was last charged fully 240 days, 8 hours ago... LOL

I did go into my Google account and sent a "Log out and ERASE all data" command for that device.  Not sure if that will be completed without an authorized network connection.... but perhaps Googles self-destruct will work for me some day.

That was when it was last charged after it was refurbished. But what kills the battery is charging cycles. So as long as the phone still had 50 percent battery left when you received it you should be good. As for the self destruct. It should work as it says if it's turned on again. And if Motorola was to refurbished it, it would be erased and reloaded with new software. 

Top Kudoed Authors