Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guillermo_Chean
Paper Tape
Views: 2,889
Message 21 of 99

Re: Moto Z Force scratched screens

Is there still no word on an official release?   I noticed a speck of dust stuck under my lens past the restocking fee date and figured I would just replace the lens... 

Miguel_del_Mazo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,864
Message 22 of 99

Hi.  I wanted to reach out with my Moto Z force experience.

The recent purchase of a Moto Z has been generally very positive.  It's a great phone with a good battery life.  It is my 5th phone from Motorola having purchased two X's (first gen) and 2 X's second gen.  I am sad to say that it will probably be my last over the screen scratch issue.

Within 2 days, the first scratch appeared on the phone despite its being in a case with a laminate screen protector.  Since that time, more scratches appear despite the phone living a relatively comfortable life in an otherwise empty pocket.  Reaching out to Support, I was offered the opportunity to pay $30 for a replacement lens that I can install myself, but I assume that all I am doing is replacing this scratched lens for a lens that will become scratched in the near future.

I am not upset or angry; phones get scratches.  It's going to happen.  I just am a bit disappointed that the other 4 phones which are years older than this one don't have as many scratches.  It does influence future purchases.

Anyway, sorry to whine a little, but I just wanted a chance to vent.  Have a good day.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,861
Message 23 of 99

@Miguel_del_Mazo wrote:

The recent purchase of a Moto Z has been generally very positive.  It's a great phone with a good battery life.  It is my 5th phone from Motorola having purchased two X's (first gen) and 2 X's second gen.  I am sad to say that it will probably be my last over the screen scratch issue.

Within 2 days, the first scratch appeared on the phone despite its being in a case with a laminate screen protector.  Since that time, more scratches appear despite the phone living a relatively comfortable life in an otherwise empty pocket.  Reaching out to Support, I was offered the opportunity to pay $30 for a replacement lens that I can install myself, but I assume that all I am doing is replacing this scratched lens for a lens that will become scratched in the near future.

I am not upset or angry; phones get scratches.  It's going to happen.  I just am a bit disappointed that the other 4 phones which are years older than this one don't have as many scratches.  It does influence future purchases.

Anyway, sorry to whine a little, but I just wanted a chance to vent.  Have a good day.

Unfortunately that is the trade off with a shatterproof screen. Instead of glass, it is plastic. That is why your other phones have no scratches; their screens are glass, but they can break.  

But you are saying your screen got scratches with a screen protector on top?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Miguel_del_Mazo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,839
Message 24 of 99

Thank you for the quick response. 

Now I understand better why there are scratches . One of the things I really liked about the other phones were how great the screens were. Resistance to scratches was a bigger deal that shatterproofing for me as we treat phones pretty well, but I should have done more due diligence before buying the phone. I saw the advertisements talking up the shatter proof aspect of the screen and I incorrectly thought that meant scratches. 

I've been using a case mate protector and the plastic laminate cover since I got the phone. The first scratch was really more of a divot. It's about 2-3mm across and not too deep, but it is right where subtitles are for Netflix.

It's not a big deal, but for 30 bucks (after paying full price cash for the phone), I'll probably just put up with the cosmetic issues. 

Again, thanks for the help. Hope this finds you well. Smiley Happy 

Jboulos1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,800
Message 25 of 99

Hi guys, I'm also having the issue with a scratched screen.. and mines really bugging me.. can I get on the list for a protector as well? Been searching for over a few days now. Thank you. 

Jboulos1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,800
Message 26 of 99

Hi Brittany I'm new to this forum trying to figure it out... But I have the similar scratch problem with my phone and it is driving me insane... Can you tell me where j should go from here?? I've been looking for a replacement for over a week to no avail...  Not sure how people contact each other on this page but help would be great please. 

Edited by joelbon. I removed your personal info. I would hate to see you start getting spammed. It isn't a good idea to post your phone number and email address. Don't worry, Brittany, or any other mod can still see that information.

Gudasau
Paper Tape
Views: 2,786
Message 27 of 99

I have been trying to get a replacement shatter shield for my Z Force and am told they are not available to ship. I must send my phone back to have it replaced. Is this still correct? I really don't want to be without my phone and would much rather replace the shatter shield myself. 

1coopgt
SCSI Port
Views: 2,763
Message 28 of 99

@Miguel_del_Mazo wrote:

No offence it sounds like you didn't do any research on this phone before you bought it . The Shatter proof screen is plastic it scratches . All the other phones you mentioned had Gorilla Glass (I had the Droid X's and Turbo and others). You are comparing apples and oranges. If you had done your research you would have thought about putting a tempered glass screen protector on the screen to protect the plastic .  I put a Zagg Glass screen protector on my phone before leaving the store . And yes I can get scratches where the zagg doesn't reach .

Sorry for your experience .

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,706
Message 29 of 99

@Jboulos1 wrote:

Hi Brittany I'm new to this forum trying to figure it out... But I have the similar scratch problem with my phone and it is driving me insane... Can you tell me where j should go from here?? I've been looking for a replacement for over a week to no avail...  Not sure how people contact each other on this page but help would be great please. 

Edited by joelbon. I removed your personal info. I would hate to see you start getting spammed. It isn't a good idea to post your phone number and email address. Don't worry, Brittany, or any other mod can still see that information.

Hi, let me reach out to you. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,705
Message 30 of 99

@Gudasau wrote:

I have been trying to get a replacement shatter shield for my Z Force and am told they are not available to ship. I must send my phone back to have it replaced. Is this still correct? I really don't want to be without my phone and would much rather replace the shatter shield myself. 

Hi - I will reach out to you, to get this resolved. 

Top Kudoed Authors