2375 Page Views

• Views: 2375
  • Message 92 of 103

Re: Moto Z Force scratched screens

2018-07-30, 13:26 PM

wrote:
I tried but a message said I used my limit of PM. I have never used PM

Hello CandieDenise,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are having.  I will send you a follow up email so we can discuss your issue.  Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Best Regards,

Cody

Options

1 Posts

11-02-2018

US

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 93 of 103

2018-11-02, 10:48 AM

Git my warranty replacement (3) yesterday and my phone is already scratched!! Put it in my pocket for less than 20 mins!? I have had nothing but problems from this phone! This is my 3rd one?

Options

1 Posts

05-21-2019

US

4 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 94 of 103

2019-05-21, 16:20 PM

Unfortunately, Motorola has chosen to 1: advertise a replacement shattershield screen on their site for 29.99 but anywhere you go you can't buy it.  2: They have a do it yourself tutorial posted for those that are planning on replacing it themselves.  Upon not being able to purchase this I went to the Support site, I talked to a very nice lady named Joyce who proceeded to inform me that the replacement shattershield screen was currently unavailable.  Then in the very same conversation told me that if I wanted to send it in Motorola could replace it for me and send it back................ to the tune of $50.00 plus the cost of shipping BOTH ways.  Curious isn't it?  I can't get it but, Motorola apparently can replace it for me??  I thought it was unavailable??

So in summary.............. buyer beware........ I bought this phone 3 years ago to the tune of $800 because the selling point was the unbreakable screen and the fact that I could replace the top layer of the 5 layer screen myself.  Now 3 years later.............. I can't buy the replacement but Motorola CAN replace it for me.  I call that the fleecing of the customer!!  When they manufacture a new automobile the manufacturer is REQUIRED by FEDERAL LAW to make the parts to repair that vehicle available to the customer for NO LESS than 10 years.  Yet this company can market this product as they have and then 3 years later when everyone needs a fresh screen say it's not available but yet they can change it, charge an absorbent amount of money + freight for something that probably costs them about 10 cents.  In the automotive world that would be known as fraud!!

Options

120 Posts

08-30-2018

US

569 Signins

9802 Page Views

• Views: 9802
  • Message 95 of 103

2019-05-21, 16:55 PM

Hello BigMacOle1,

I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience.  I will be happy to reach out to you in regards to this issue.  I'll send you a private message so that I can get some personal information.

I'd like to just take a moment and clarify a few points that may not have been explained clearly or correctly.

The Z Force, does have a user replaceable lens or Shattershield and we do still have them available.  

The Z2 Force had a different kind of Shattershield and due to these changes, unfortunately it is not user replaceable.  We provide the customer with a Fed Ex Overnight pre-paid shipping label to send in the device and we ship it back to the customer Overnight with Fed Ex .  We ship overnight to cut down on the amount of time you will be without your device.  The shipping cost is included in the cost of getting the Shattershield replaced, its not an additional fee.

I'm sorry, it sounds like you were given information for the Z2Force instead of the Z Force, but I'm happy to help resolve this issue for you.  I'll be waiting for your reply to my private message so that I can assist you further.

Best regards.

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

03-18-2014

US

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 96 of 103

2019-06-13, 3:47 AM

I went ahead and paid that $50 to send mine in for replacement.  I got FREE overnight shipping to their facility in Texas--  I was told I had to pay for shipping as well, then they said they were emailing a pre-paid FedEx label.  OK.  I sent my phone to them Monday (June 10). 

My phone had a tiny crack on the right side of the screen, and the top layer was lifting OFF the device on the left side of the screen.  Simple items-- right??  I received an email today that said this:

Goods News. We have shipped you a Motorola certified replacement device since we were unable to repair your original device. You should be receiving it soon.

If you need any help, give us a call at 800-734-5870. We're open Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m., Saturday - Sunday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. CT.

Motorola Tracking Number (RMA):xxxxxx-xxxxxxx
Motorola Service Program - Liner Replacement
FedEx Tracking Number - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards,
Your Moto Care Team

Note - A robot sent this, so please DO NOT REPLY. Instead, use the contact information provided.

What the actual FUBAR is this?  I want MY phone back.  MY 2 year old battery was still lasting over 24 hours.  What are the odds I get a "certified replacement device" that has a battery that is on life support?  WHY in the hell would my phone be "unrepairable" with a simple top-layer fix to the shattershield?  Did they Break it?  it sure as hell was not broken in shipping.  AND-- I REALLY love that there is NO number or email to contact them and get further information.  How am I guaranteed that all of MY INFORMATION AND DATA on that phone are properly wiped out.  Sorry---  I want my **bleep** phone back, repaired, with the simple fix done to it that was agreed upon.

Such High Hopes.... dashed..... :smileyfrustrated:

Options

3736 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2716 Signins

25585 Page Views

• Views: 25585
  • Message 97 of 103

2019-06-13, 15:18 PM

You sent your phone in for repair without doing a factory reset?  With all your personal data still on the phone?

~Scott
Options

4 Posts

03-18-2014

US

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 98 of 103

2019-06-13, 15:32 PM

Sadly, and Stupidly, yes I did.

If I had to do a factory reset to send it in for a SIMPLE screen repair, I never would have sent it. I DID remove the sim card and sd card.  This feels like a scam to me--  send your phone in for a simple repair-- Never see it again, and they send you some other phone.

btw---  I just got the replacement and activated it.  It looks beautiful and new....  I hope the battery is good.

Options

13138 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1405 Signins

8890 Page Views

• Views: 8890
  • Message 99 of 103

2019-06-13, 16:38 PM

I would think the battery should be good or better than the one you had at this point. It would seem that based on what I've seen here, the batteries start to go after 1.5 to 2 years. So getting a refurbished one should mean that everything has been tested to a higher level that spot checking on a manufacturer floor. 

As for your data.... Even sending in any phone you should always factory reset it. Once someone has it, they could read it. Even if you get the same one back. 

I would say that almost all repair work on older models would end in a refurbished phone since the parts usually are no longer in stock but the will have refurbished units available.

Hopefully you phone will go another 2 years now.

Options

4 Posts

03-18-2014

US

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 100 of 103

2019-06-13, 17:41 PM

yes---  I have Never sent in a device for a repair before.  Common sense eluded me completely, and what I did was really stupid.  That said, the instructions on the Lenovo repair site do not say to factory reset the phone before sending it in.  Here is what it does say:

Before sending your device in for repair or replacement, we recommend you take the time to back up all of your device's information.

This should make for a smooth transition once you receive the device back or the replacement device.

If you have received your device back, and need help restoring, click here.

I read this and thought "Well-- I'm not getting a replacement device-- I'm getting a repair"  Derp a derp derp...

Now I get the fun of Lots of password changes. :) Ugh.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete