11-22-2016

US

8 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 31 of 103

Re: Moto Z Force scratched screens

2016-11-22, 6:33 AM

It's crazy how we have to reach out at all to get a product we were promised we could buy. This should be solved already. This should be solved already but if someone can help me as well, I have the same issue, and it's getting ridiculous already. This should not be how a company should act.

Options

10 Posts

02-07-2012

US

13 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 32 of 103

2016-11-22, 15:20 PM

I was just directed to this thread, after asking the same question... so it looks like people have been asking since August how to get a new Shattershield screen and there's really still no way to do it?

Can someone from Motorola comment on this? I see comments from literally months ago saying we will be able to order one soon, but as far as I can tell there is still no way to do it on the web site. That is to say - there is an order form, but it says it's for the Droid Turbo 2. Maybe this is just an error and they will send me the correct one for my phone based on IMEI, but not really sure I want to take that chance after reading through this thread...

Has anyone ordered one from the web site and gotten the correct replacement screen?

Options

1 Posts

11-24-2016

US

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 33 of 103

2016-11-24, 16:01 PM

I have the same problem since new about 2 months ago it has been in an OtterBox defender and take off regularly to clean it and it's all scratched up. what's the solution? I have had this type of case in all my other phones galaxy iPhone, etc with no issues after years of use...

Dan

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5839 Signins

132760 Page Views

• Views: 132760
  • Message 34 of 103

2016-11-24, 16:32 PM

wrote:

I have the same problem since new about 2 months ago it has been in an OtterBox defender and take off regularly to clean it and it's all scratched up. what's the solution? I have had this type of case in all my other phones galaxy iPhone, etc with no issues after years of use...

Dan

As mentioned above - the shattershield screen is plastic. It will scratch, but not break. All the other phones you mention would break of dropped. 

The otterbox is not needed if you are worried about breaking the screen.  It sounds like dirt is getting inside your case.  But if you want scratch proof, the moto z or z play would be better options as they have glass screens. 

Glass is harder to scratch but it breaks. Shattershield won't break, but can scratch; that is why the top layer is replaceable.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

3 Posts

12-02-2011

US

36 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 35 of 103

2016-11-26, 4:17 AM
I had a Turbo 2 that went for a swim. It was an MM64. I had a glass protector on it so when they upgraded me to the Z Force the first thing I did was get a tempered shield for it. I left the original plastic cover on until my glass arrived. Had just ordered new glass for the T2. Fortunately my mother has the T2 also, so she will get the glass for hers.
Options

1 Posts

12-07-2016

US

4 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 36 of 103

2016-12-07, 2:19 AM

Hey Brittany,

I to was unaware how easily the screen scratches and did not by a protector. I love the phone and would like to have a replacement screen sent to me. How can I make this happen? Thank You!

Options

1 Posts

12-11-2016

US

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 37 of 103

2016-12-11, 6:31 AM

I currently own the Turbo and have not upgraded, as I do not want/like the Shattershield displays.  Why can't we get a Gorilla Glass display on the Z Force?  I can't  help but think that you are forcing us the paying customer into your new plastic product, which I do not like.  The Moto Z has a horrible camera and is a step backwards from the 21 mega pixel on my Turbo.  Why force the Shattershield on us?  I very well may wait and leave Motorola, even though I've been a loyal customer for many years, owning several phones.

Thanks

Options

51 Posts

06-07-2010

US

150 Signins

1462 Page Views

• Views: 1462
  • Message 38 of 103

2016-12-11, 17:22 PM

wrote:

I currently own the Turbo and have not upgraded, as I do not want/like the Shattershield displays.  Why can't we get a Gorilla Glass display on the Z Force?  I can't  help but think that you are forcing us the paying customer into your new plastic product, which I do not like.  The Moto Z has a horrible camera and is a step backwards from the 21 mega pixel on my Turbo.  Why force the Shattershield on us?  I very well may wait and leave Motorola, even though I've been a loyal customer for many years, owning several phones.

Thanks

I think you're being a bit unreasonable. The plastic screen can scratch if you are rough with you're phone, sure. But for me the utility of the screen being more or less unbreakable is well worth the trade-off. My Droid Turbo glass also scratched, albeit only one scratch in two years. But people have had good results with the tempered glass screen protectors, if you are interested in reintroducing glass to the Force.

Sure, it would be nice to have the choice. But I don't think it's such a big knock on this device.

Options

10 Posts

02-07-2012

US

13 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 39 of 103

2016-12-11, 17:51 PM

I actually like the shattershield screen a lot. It's proven extremely resistant to minor scratching under ordinary use. I keep my phone in my jeans pocket all the time and coming up on five months, the only noticeable scratch is from when I had it shoved it in there with my wad of keys all day long. I think having a screen protector is silly. 

I wish we didn't have to take such measures to get a replacement, but the screen itself looks better after almost a half year than my Gorilla Glass from my prior LG G4. That got lots of hairline scratches from grit in my pocket when treated the same way. And also cracked.

Options

51 Posts

06-07-2010

US

150 Signins

1462 Page Views

• Views: 1462
  • Message 40 of 103

2016-12-11, 19:35 PM

wrote:

... I think having a screen protector is silly...

To be clear, the Force ships from the factory with a screen protector installed. You can see evidence around the mic and fingerprint reader holes near the bottom of the screen. Motorola highly recommends not to leave the phone without this protector or the screenshot itself will get scratched, and it is not replaceable (not by typical means, anyway).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete