US

13 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 41 of 103

Re: Moto Z Force scratched screens

2016-12-11, 20:58 PM

wrote:

To be clear, the Force ships from the factory with a screen protector installed. You can see evidence around the mic and fingerprint reader holes near the bottom of the screen. Motorola highly recommends not to leave the phone without this protector or the screenshot itself will get scratched, and it is not replaceable (not by typical means, anyway).

I'm talking about an additional 3rd party glass protector.  Of course I wouldn't take off the shatterhsield protector itself. But it can be replaced. That's what this whole thread is about -- obtaining a replacement for the top-layer shattershield protector.

Options

3 Posts

07-10-2013

US

35 Signins

960 Page Views

• Views: 960
  • Message 42 of 103

2016-12-12, 4:06 AM

please reach out to me. Have been three months without the plastic lens on my phone and a glass screen protector in its place. Thank you!

Options

2 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 43 of 103

2016-12-13, 3:17 AM

My screen is cracked. What do I need to do to get fixed or replaced. Plus the sound for my ringer and notifications is get softer no matter what i try. Even with the moto jbl speaker on they are not very loud. Speaker isnt very loud either      

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5839 Signins

132760 Page Views

• Views: 132760
  • Message 44 of 103

2016-12-13, 3:32 AM

wrote:

My screen is cracked. What do I need to do to get fixed or replaced. Plus the sound for my ringer and notifications is get softer no matter what i try. Even with the moto jbl speaker on they are not very loud. Speaker isnt very loud either      

Contact support for cracked screens. - support link at top of page should get you the right options. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

2 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 45 of 103

2016-12-13, 4:01 AM
Why does it say I have to pay for fix, yet guarantee it wont crack or shatter.
Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5839 Signins

132760 Page Views

• Views: 132760
  • Message 46 of 103

2016-12-13, 14:18 PM

wrote:
Why does it say I have to pay for fix, yet guarantee it wont crack or shatter.

That is a good question. Have you called support? It could be it doesnt recognize the phone model in the automated system, or there are exceptions to the guarantee. 

Yours is the first shattershield screen i have heard of cracking. 

You should call support. Verizon also handles warranty claims. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

10 Posts

02-07-2012

US

13 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 47 of 103

2016-12-13, 14:27 PM

Yours is the first shattershield screen i have heard of cracking. 

OP do you mind sharing a picture? I'm just curious what it looks like when it breaks & how it happened, I can't find any pics online of a broken one. Obviously the plastic outer layers can't break, so I guess the AMOLED itself cracked?

Options

8 Posts

08-28-2013

US

36 Signins

326 Page Views

• Views: 326
  • Message 48 of 103

2017-01-09, 12:09 PM

Regular Verizon support will not handle warrantable claims beyond simply going over with you the troubleshooting steps and providing contact information for Motorola's support team.  They will not begin the process to provide a warrantable replacement, they will not exchange the phone for you right there in store, they will NOT accept the phone on Motorola's behalf with the expectation that either Verizon or Motorola provide you with the fixed one.   Sorry, that is just my experience, and has been consistent for the last three devices; XT1096, XT1585, XT615.  The only time I've ever managed to receive Verizon warranty support with any motorola device (and trust me, I've had  at least ten smartphones from Motorola), was when the original Droid Turbo had its own screen assurance program through Big Red.  They charged me a deposit without actually asking, sent me a like new replacement and then released the deposit funds after almost two months of transit back to the Repair Center.  Better than expected, but still, not world class treatment.  The other instances when I've had to go through Motorola have been improving slowly since the days of my Droid Razr M (XT907), when I lost my unlimited data plan for demanding BestBuy give me the phone I asked for (I had SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED THE DROID RAZR M but they intentionally gave me the RAZR MAXX without my knowledge, later saying it was a better phone in their opinion and then proceded to strip me of my unlimited data powers.  Curse YOU BBY!)  I have got to hand it to Motorola, the customer service has shown some signs of significatn improvement and lasting change.  Although in a perfect world, they would produce awesome universally loved with groundbreaking specs for free, that's not the world we live in and they are in my opinion genuinely trying to provide satisfactory service for their cool novelty-esque sometimes overhyped products.  There wasn't really a trade off, Moto phones have always kind of been for Niche users, cult fans, and Android purists.  It isn't the iphone, and thank God for that...Motorola may not be Google owned anymore, and Aria may have turned out to be less as impressive as hoped, but it was still a pretty cool phone. My only advice to Motorola is this: The things we are complaining about should not be THE SAME every single time there's a new handset released.  People who owned the Turbo 2 should not be complaining about the same things people who owned the Moto Z Droid are complaining about and if they are, they should be priced exactly the same!!!  ex. WHY would the Moto Z Droids be $100 more without ShatterShield than the Turbo 2 when the Turbo 2's shattershield is self serviceable and only costs $30?! That makes NO MATHEMATICAL SENSE LENOVO. I had to have my Turbo 2 replaced due to display issues same as the moto z, which is a problem because it doesn't show growth.  Any premium features on the old handset need to be standard on the new BASE model one!!! innovation promotes competition and fair competition results in the best possible technology at the lowest possible price for consumers.

Options

17 Posts

08-11-2016

US

24 Signins

263 Page Views

• Views: 263
  • Message 49 of 103

2017-02-13, 15:37 PM

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  I saw a lot of PMs flying around but nothing in the way of a public answer.

I have a screen protector on front so my screen is fine... However the camera lens is covered with scratches to the point that it's struggling to focus when taking pictures in certain conditions.  

Is there a replacement/solution for the camera lens glass?

Thanks!

Options

293 Posts

06-15-2016

US

970 Signins

22022 Page Views

• Views: 22022
  • Message 50 of 103

2017-02-13, 18:21 PM

wrote:

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  I saw a lot of PMs flying around but nothing in the way of a public answer.

I have a screen protector on front so my screen is fine... However the camera lens is covered with scratches to the point that it's struggling to focus when taking pictures in certain conditions.  

Is there a replacement/solution for the camera lens glass?

Thanks!

Hello Schmergan13 -

We don't have any camera lens replacements available. However, the Moto Z Force Shattershield replacement lens can now be purchased through our website. There are two options available for replacing the lens.

Option 1: You can replace the Moto Shattershield yourself for $29.99 by purchasing the lens here: https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-force-droid/moto-shattershield-replacement-lens

Option 2: You can fill out a form to request a Moto Shattershield replacement for $59.99, and one of our agents will call you back within 24 hours (Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. CT). The form can be found here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/shattershield_ask/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDc1ODU5MDUzL3NpZC9EX3JzancqbQ%3D%3D

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete