06-03-2017

US

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 61 of 103

Re: Moto Z Force scratched screens

2017-06-03, 16:41 PM

I too have always had Motorola phones with no need for screen protection and never any damage. The old Gorilla Glass was as perfect as any phone has had. Not sure why they would change this.  The screen and camera lens scratched within days of buying. The glass protector offered at Verizon - made it so the screen would not illuminate.  Once removed the phone was fine.  After the light scratches I used rubbing alcohol and applied a regular protector.  The screen has now raised and bubbled where the scratches were, and actually pushed the protector off the phone.  It looks awful. Its disappointing to those of us who always found Droid's to be worth the expensive price tag.  There should be a Gorilla Glass replacement screen, or just continue the Turbo line.  Love the phone for everything else - but Droid's were known for their indestructable screen - the screen on these is a down grade.

Options

6 Posts

01-19-2015

US

14 Signins

274 Page Views

• Views: 274
  • Message 62 of 103

2017-06-29, 22:19 PM

I need a replacement lens. Had my phone for a month. Is a replacement phone. This past week, I've been seeing new scratches. Even a ding. Please help. Lens out of stock online.

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5839 Signins

132760 Page Views

• Views: 132760
  • Message 63 of 103

2017-06-30, 0:11 AM

wrote:

I need a replacement lens. Had my phone for a month. Is a replacement phone. This past week, I've been seeing new scratches. Even a ding. Please help. Lens out of stock online.

All we can suggest is keep checking online for stock. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

2 Posts

07-26-2017

US

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 64 of 103

2017-07-26, 13:34 PM

Sounds like this has been "Out of Stock" for quite a while. I've never seen a phone screen scratch so easily. I've had mine since late Feb, 2017 and it has more scratches than every other phone I've ever had combined. Sending my phone in to have it replaced isn't an option. I need my phone for work (off hours support). Why did Motorola/Lenovo bother making a video showing how to replace the outer layer if they're not going to sell it (or let someone else sell it). Very frustrating. This is a big enough issue to make this my first and last Moto phone. On top of everything else, on the motorola web site I clicked on 'contact us' to send an e-mail to see when the replacement lens might be available but it just comes up with a blank page. No way at all to contact them. I feel like they've turned their back to the customer.

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5839 Signins

132760 Page Views

• Views: 132760
  • Message 65 of 103

2017-07-27, 12:09 PM

wrote:

Sounds like this has been "Out of Stock" for quite a while. I've never seen a phone screen scratch so easily. I've had mine since late Feb, 2017 and it has more scratches than every other phone I've ever had combined. Sending my phone in to have it replaced isn't an option. I need my phone for work (off hours support). Why did Motorola/Lenovo bother making a video showing how to replace the outer layer if they're not going to sell it (or let someone else sell it). Very frustrating. This is a big enough issue to make this my first and last Moto phone. On top of everything else, on the motorola web site I clicked on 'contact us' to send an e-mail to see when the replacement lens might be available but it just comes up with a blank page. No way at all to contact them. I feel like they've turned their back to the customer.

The contact us page has some kind of dynamic content that doesn't load in all browsers - but it works on google chrome for me. But here is a direct link to the next page with contact info:

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/chat

There are phone numbers and email info there.

As for the screen scratching - it is a plastic layer. That is how it is shatterproof. Softer material that won't shatter or crack is prone to scratching. Other phones are glass and will not scratch as easily, but they will crack. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

22 Posts

09-07-2012

US

25 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 66 of 103

2017-07-31, 20:07 PM
I actually ordered the top layer replacement about a month ago, it came fast. Installation was simple. Like new again
Options

1 Posts

08-22-2017

US

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 67 of 103

2017-08-22, 17:30 PM

Just note that this screen is very easily scratched. I bought one on a Sunday and saw scratches on Monday morning. I tried researching every where for an answer so I said screw it. I went down to my Verizon store and bought a screen protector.

SOLUTION: Screen protector worked 100%  there are no scratches visible.

Options

2 Posts

08-25-2017

US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 68 of 103

2017-08-25, 0:59 AM

I damaged the screen outer layer a couple of weeks ago, I have been trying to get a replacement shattershield since then.  I called 1 800 734 5870 after getting lost on the web page and eventually getting the number from some online help through facebook.

When I called I had a hard time understanding the guy at the other end, but he told me at first I had to replace the whole phone, I told him the part was listed on the motorola web page just out of stock for two weeks.  He put me on hold for about 5 min then told me that I could get it from Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy.  All I can find so far are screen protectors.

Options

14 Posts

03-12-2017

US

33 Signins

238 Page Views

• Views: 238
  • Message 69 of 103

2017-08-25, 15:35 PM

I recently purchased Z2 play from Verizon.  They recommended and I purchased a tempered glass protector.  I am really glad I did.  The feel is very good; smooth and slick.

We also purchased a Z1 Force about a year ago and the Verizon sales person told us that it wasn't necessary to install the protector.  Not!  The screen is scratched.

The solution I'm reading is great.  Replacable top layer.  Great if the replacement was available.  Motorola is out of stock.  Verizon doesn't carry because the Z1 one is already an obsolete product.  The Z2 protector has the mic slot in the wrong place.

I'm disappointed in Motorola's support of the product that is a year old.  Motorola is better than that.

What's the solution now?

Options

14 Posts

03-12-2017

US

33 Signins

238 Page Views

• Views: 238
  • Message 70 of 103

2017-08-25, 15:37 PM
Did you order from Motorola? Out of stock again!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete