cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atlmrperson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,697
Message 1 of 9

Moto Z2 Force ATT "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot" after update

I have the Moto Z2 Force AT&T variant that I've been using since January.  Today I tried to update to the newest firmware using the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant app on my PC.  However, after the update finished, I got stuck in a bootloop where it'll go from the Motorola splash page to a black screen with white text stating

"Your device is corrupt.  It can't be trusted and will not boot.   Visit this link on another device: motorola.com/unlockbootloader"

I tried going to this weblink and followed the steps to get my device ID and pasted into the field to check if my device can be unlocked, but I says the device is not eligible.

I'm able to get to the fastboot screen by holding power+volume down, but when I select Recovery to do a factory reset, it goes back to the boot loop.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try next, or if this is covered by warranty?  I was using the stock firmware and did not unlock bootloader or root the phone.  I've only requested the unlock code from AT&T so I can use the phone on T-Mobile.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Fernando_romero
Core Memory
Views: 2,593
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto Z2 Force ATT "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot" afte

Inside the program:
1- go to the "instant" menu
2- select "go save"
3- select "MOTO PHONE" and look for Moto Z (2nd generation)
4- Select the model and variant of motorcycle Z and follow the instructions.
It will ask you to turn off the phone and enter fastboot. So solve the same problem with my AT2 z2 force bike. Install the software from 0 and repair the bootloader that is broken by program failure when wanting to update.

atlmrperson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,568
Message 3 of 9

Re: Moto Z2 Force ATT "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot" afte

Thanks Feranando, but which program are you referring to?  If Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant, I don't see menu options as you mentioned.

Fernando_romero
Core Memory
Views: 2,633
Message 4 of 9

MOTO.jpg

atlmrperson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,480
Message 5 of 9

Thank you Fernando!  You really saved me.  Following your steps got it to work again.  Just in case anyone has the same issue, I've attached the screen shot in English.

Fernando_romero
Core Memory
Views: 2,474
Message 6 of 9

I'm glad I could have helped you, forget to put the program in English so that everyone understands. Sorry. regards

PauloHenrique95
Paper Tape
Views: 1,881
Message 7 of 9

Ola, Fernando. Estou com o mesmo problema e gostaria de saber se voçê pode me ajudar também. O meu aparelho é um moto g6 plus e já tentei todos os procedimentos possiveis, no Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant o aparelho não está sendo reconhecido e no Software Upgrade Assistant também não. Estou com o cabo original do smartphone e mesmo assim não é reconhecido. Alguma ideia do que fazer ?

Minty
What's DOS?
Views: 1,223
Message 8 of 9

Hi

This doesn't work

I have the Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted

Have run the  Lenovo Moto Smart assistant, Flashed using the Flash / Rescue

It downlaods the update files and seems to flash, no error messages but after it tells me to reboot I have tha same error message

Your device is corrupt....

so it's not refalashing and overwring the corrupt bootloader

Minty
What's DOS?
Views: 1,218
Message 9 of 9

Update, was able to re unlock and enable the BL with the old unlock key I had kept

This program now works and I can rune the Go Rescue, but it doesn't reflash the BL , shame
Top Kudoed Authors