Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catt
Paper Tape
Views: 587
Message 21 of 27

Re: Moto Z2 Force Screen Freezes and Unresponsive

To clarify - yes I was able to boot in recovery mode and no, the screen was NOT unresponsive after I did so.

As in, recovery mode always works to un-freeze the screen.

From what I am seeing across the internet, with the dozens of pages and questions regarding this issue, it seems to be a general problem with this device. Ugh. 

MTKnight
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 582
Message 22 of 27

Hey Cart,

I actually had to return my phone to the store and they had to give me a new one.  I haven't had any problems since.  It's probably a hardware problem rather than software.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 549
Message 23 of 27

Hi Catt,

Thanks for confirming. Did you just boot the phone into recovery mode and reboot back the phone to normal mode for it to work, or you tried something on the recovery mode such as external reset? Let me know.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

GTurnage
Token Ring
Views: 547
Message 24 of 27

I have a Moto Z Force and have had the same problems for years.  I discovered that when my used storage exceeded 15 gb (of the 32 gb capacity) the phone would freeze and become unresponsive.  Also developed tremendous heat when running power intensive apps such as periscope.  Delete apps on the phone and bring your used storage down and see if that makes a difference.

Robert Turnage
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 451
Message 25 of 27

Hi GTurnage,

Thanks for posting. Are we still on this thread? I'd like to help. Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

GTurnage
Token Ring
Views: 445
Message 26 of 27

Hi Rich.  

I'm not using my Z Force much anymore since I bought a Galaxy S9+.  I posted trying to offer a suggestion that I found made a difference with my Z Force.  Seems Motorola has still done nothing to fix the Moto Z phones!  Operating at about half the rated memory useage allowed me to get by without the freezing and unresponsive periods.  None of this mess with the Samsung phone.  No heat.  Just quick smooth responsiveness.

Robert Turnage
Highlighted
Fordgal1965
Fanfold Paper
Views: 285
Message 27 of 27

Did they Force it with a brand new phone or a refurbished NEW phone?
Top Kudoed Authors