Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanleywinthrop
Punch Card
Views: 8,146
Message 71 of 224

Re: Moto Z2 Force Screen Shield Adhesive Came Off

Timsbay, did you get your device back yet?  My outerlayer was peeling around my fingerprint reader and Motorola offered to replace mine for free as well.  I sent it in and FEDEX says motorola recieved it this Monday.  In the past I have gotten fairly prompt "WE HAVE RECIEVED YOUR DEVICE" emails from Motorola, but as of today (Weds) I have yet to have get that email.  I called yesterday and I was "assured" that I would get my phone back by tomorrow or friday, so I am curious about your turnaround time. 

timsbay1
Serial Port
Views: 8,145
Message 72 of 224

it was an 8 day total from ship to receive.. at least one-two of those days were spent going back and forth trying to get them to pony up the repair for free.. and there "new" shatter shield Dept doesn't yet integrate with their regular RMA system so the regular ways of tracking your repair (RMA#, repair order#, or IMEI#) didn't work at all for me.. I did get an email with FedEx tracking when it shipped

admoya
What's DOS?
Views: 8,117
Message 73 of 224

Hello everyone,

Created an account just to reply on this thread. Like many of you, I've always loved Moto phones, having owned many of them since the original Moto Droid. I am now on my third Moto Z2 Force, after the first two were both replaced for free for this screen lifting issue (I can be persistent). Now, after a couple of months, this phone's screen is starting to peel as well. If I could just replace the plastic "lens" with a glass screen I would love this phone to no end. 

Anyway, my question is for those who manually peeled off the plastic layer. Were you ever able to clean the adhesive off, and if so how does the phone look now? I would go as far as to pay Motorola just to remove the *removed* plastic layer, clean the adhesive, and send it back to me without replacing the lens so I could just put a glass screen protector on it. 

I figured I would ask on here before enduring another marathon session of escalations on the phone with Moto support. 

Thanks!

Edited due to Site Rules Violation: Preferred language

timsbay1
Serial Port
Views: 8,109
Message 74 of 224

I agree!! next time I will probably dive deeper into what kind of solvent would work, that's where my search started when I found this and many other similar threads.. you can actually rub it off with your fingers and wipe it away with anything even water, but it would take hours and many blisters..

obviously there will end up being a class action suit against them over this since it's the entire line and they're not changing anything when they "repair" it. but if mine peels again before that's finished, which I'm sure it will I'll probably remove it and replace it with a rounded edge glass protector

apinkus
Punch Card
Views: 7,973
Message 75 of 224

I am running into the same issues. The shatter shield started to separate and came off leaving a residue which cannot be removed and affects the functionality of the phone.

I have always been a fan of Motorola, owning phones, tablets and laptops. 

This is the first product that has disappointed me with a brand I always thought highly of.

This is not a budget phone, I paid a lot for for this phone only too have this happen.

I hope that Motorola will do something to correct this unfortunate manufacturing issue, this really should be resolved under a warranty claim.

Thanks,

Alex

timsbay1
Serial Port
Views: 7,965
Message 76 of 224

they will.. after a little persuasion.. call them and explain, you'll have to get it escalated up the ladder from regular support.. and just don't take no for an answer till you finally get to somebody that will tell you yes! 

it's a shame we have to do this, but obviously Lenovo execs don't respect the Moto branding, they should, they paid enough for it. obviously somewhere along the line they made a cost/benefit analysis of going ahead and pushing out what they had to have known was going to be a flawed product and decided to go with it.. maybe they were used to their customers of their other products that would just chalk it up and buy another, idk.. but this is going to cost them alot, and they know it now, my guess is they're waiting till next fiscal year to admit it

chrisfish1
Paper Tape
Views: 7,963
Message 77 of 224

I hope things work out for you. Some in the thread say Motorola contacted them and took care of it. I'm still stuck with my peeling screen but it does not look as bad as yours. Crossing my fingers that Motorola takes care of all of us. 

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,010
Message 78 of 224

Hi guys,

To the new users who have this issue, kindly call  1-800-734-5870 (Motorola toll free number) from Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM; Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST for assistance. We changed the process since we were not successful in getting in touch with customers who provided their information via PM.

Thanks for understanding!

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Robotmode
Paper Tape
Views: 7,719
Message 79 of 224

I am not sure who's to PM you?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 7,707
Message 80 of 224

@Robotmode wrote:
I am not sure who's to PM you?

Private message moto daisy above and follow her directions - if you don't know how to PM, click on her name and a new window appears with options to send a private a message. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors