Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MauricioNice
Core Memory
Views: 8,731
Message 1 of 35

Moto Z2 Force Soak Test Android Pie?

It's all right,

I would like to know if there has been for Z2 Force the soak test of android Pie, I have in my register a good time to participate in the MFN and would like to help if I have for the z2 force.

thank you

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 8,666
Message 2 of 35

Re: Moto Z2 Force Soak Test Android Pie?

@MauricioNice wrote:

It's all right,

I would like to know if there has been for Z2 Force the soak test of android Pie, I have in my register a good time to participate in the MFN and would like to help if I have for the z2 force.

thank you

As per the statement made on the MFN page. You may or not be chosen to participate in testing. So if you do get chosen, you will be contacted by Motorola.

If you do not, you will not be contacted.

Also no one is allowed to talk about a soak test as well if they are involved in one.

There will be no mention of any ongoing test since it is not for public information on.

Hopefully you get chosen. Good luck. 

MauricioNice
Core Memory
Views: 8,646
Message 3 of 35

Thanks feedback, Smiley Happy

Sumittomar
Paper Tape
Views: 7,256
Message 4 of 35

Moto z2 force pie update

How much time u take to release android pie update for moto z2 force afterall this is flagship of 2018

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 7,243
Message 5 of 35

Re: Moto z2 force pie update

What's the rush?  My phone runs fine right now, there is nothing in Pie that is going to make it much better.

I don't think the newer Z3 phones have Pie yet.  So until they do, all we can do is wait.  Since this will probably be the last update ever for the Z2 I am content waiting for a bug free update whenever it is our time.

~Scott
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 7,237
Message 6 of 35

@Sumittomar wrote:

How much time u take to release android pie update for moto z2 force afterall this is flagship of 2018

Motorola never gives time frames on updates ever. Also the Z3 is the 2018 flagship with the Z4 that looks to be coming soon... My phone works great now. No need to mess with it since it does everything fine and is far from outdated. With every update there are bugs. I'd rather wait until they've been fixed before we get 9.0.

Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 6,464
Message 7 of 35

@sajokaz wrote:

What's the rush?  My phone runs fine right now, there is nothing in Pie that is going to make it much better.

I don't think the newer Z3 phones have Pie yet.  So until they do, all we can do is wait.  Since this will probably be the last update ever for the Z2 I am content waiting for a bug free update whenever it is our time.

Actually, Scott, this isn't entirely true. Pie supports Android Auto Wireless. I picked up a Pioneer receiver recently that has wifi built in and works with the new Android Auto Wireless standard (no more USB tether!!!). To date, only the Pixel had this ability. 

TLNemo
What's DOS?
Views: 5,289
Message 8 of 35

As well as the Bluetooth issues were supposedly fixed in Android 8.1 that 8.0 brought to the Z2 Force.  That's my biggest complaint on no updates yet.  I can wait for 9.

@Mon73 wrote:

@sajokaz wrote:

Actually, Scott, this isn't entirely true. Pie supports Android Auto Wireless. I picked up a Pioneer receiver recently that has wifi built in and works with the new Android Auto Wireless standard (no more USB tether!!!). To date, only the Pixel had this ability. 

ajaegermeister
Paper Tape
Views: 5,258
Message 9 of 35

I am waiting for the Bluetooth fixes that will come with Android 9. I would be happy to help test the build and provide feedback.

NTwoOo
Token Ring
Views: 5,018
Message 10 of 35

The 9.0 release also supports battery status of 4.1 headphones. The BatOn app in 8.0 is not failsafe and causes disconnects when checking the battery status. I'll wait patiently for the 9.0 release, but it has some cool features for me.

Top Kudoed Authors