Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arndtgale
Fanfold Paper
Views: 672
Message 21 of 42

Re: Moto Z2 Force Tmobile Will Not Update to Oreo

How's that update coming along? Would like to get it pushed to me I can. Noticed there is a new listing on T-mobiles website for build OCX27.1 dated 2/16/2018. 

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-35970#steps4

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 666
Message 22 of 42

@Arndtgalewrote:

How's that update coming along? Would like to get it pushed to me I can. Noticed there is a new listing on T-mobiles website for build OCX27.1 dated 2/16/2018. 

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-35970#steps4

I haven't seen it on my phone yet as well. Most likely rolling out in waves. Still on OCX27.0

Arndtgale
Fanfold Paper
Views: 662
Message 23 of 42

I would be happy with that at least. Still sitting on NCX26.7 myself.

TheLooq
Punch Card
Views: 567
Message 24 of 42

Any update on this? Am very dissatisfied with still being on August 2017 security patch. How does one get this update pushed to their device?

Arndtgale
Fanfold Paper
Views: 546
Message 25 of 42

Have no idea. I've been living in the Windows phone realm the last several years. Regular security updates even after it was killed along with new builds in it's ballmer days for insiders. I could install a build whenever. Really don't want to grab a captured OTA update but at this point waiting is getting rediculous. 

TheLooq
Punch Card
Views: 509
Message 26 of 42

If you figure out how to get that captured OTA to work let me know. I haven’t had any luck, it always errors out halfway through. I believe it is erroring out because I am still stock and locked.

I really do not want to unlock Bootloader and go root route, but that might be only choice. The lack of response and/or action from both T-Mobile and Lenovo is quite irritating.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 506
Message 27 of 42

@TheLooqwrote:

If you figure out how to get that captured OTA to work let me know. I haven’t had any luck, it always errors out halfway through. I believe it is erroring out because I am still stock and locked.

I really do not want to unlock Bootloader and go root route, but that might be only choice. The lack of response and/or action from both T-Mobile and Lenovo is quite irritating.

If you do get the OTA, you'll have issues since that's why the roll out was stopped.

Also unlocking the bootloader voids your warranty. The response is that the upgrade was stopped due to bugs. People had trouble talking to anyone on a Samsung phone and other issues. So I'm glad they stopped it. I have it and now I'm stuck awaiting the fix. My phone worked fine before so there really should be no rush to upgrade now. How long it will take depends on many factors. I would rather wait and see a bug free upgrade for people. 

TheLooq
Punch Card
Views: 502
Message 28 of 42

@Eagle328wrote:

@TheLooqwrote:

If you do get the OTA, you'll have issues since that's why the roll out was stopped.

Also unlocking the bootloader voids your warranty. The response is that the upgrade was stopped due to bugs. People had trouble talking to anyone on a Samsung phone and other issues. So I'm glad they stopped it. I have it and now I'm stuck awaiting the fix. My phone worked fine before so there really should be no rush to upgrade now. How long it will take depends on many factors. I would rather wait and see a bug free upgrade for people. 

All heard and understood.

My reluctance to unlock Bootloader is precisely for the reason you state; I’m not yet willing to throw away the warranty.

I mentioned it in another thread, there should be a means for those that want it to be moved ahead in the push queue. I’m not the type of end user to bit, err complain about not getting what I want and then complain about something not working when I get what I asked for.

Do not post update notes on your support sites if there is no way for the end user to update.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 481
Message 29 of 42

I just received the update to my 8.0 I had from the bugged OTA. So it should be going to those that have 8.0 already with the fixes for those bugs. Hopefully those still in 7 will see the oreo update as well.

If anyone does please let others here know.

asm0189
Paper Tape
Views: 474
Message 30 of 42

My device with 26.7 just recieved the update - when I saw the last post I checked it and it let me start the download to 27.1. Hope everyone else is getting it as well! 

Top Kudoed Authors