cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Mar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,173
Message 1 of 23

Moto Z2 Force (Unlocked) Calls not working (Incoming and outgoing)

Hi,

I just purchased a Moto Z2 Force and Unlocked it. Everything works fine (SMS, Mobile Network, Calls thru WiFi, except thet I cannot make or receive any calls. I changed the SIM (Movistar - Mexico) for a new one, and also test it on 2 more phones. Both worked correctly. I went thru the internet for some help and cannot find anything related.

I also went to APN and changed APN Protocol from IPv4 to IPv6 and Bearer from Unspecified to LTE, and I got the calls working but Mobile Network does not work.

I would like to know if there is any special configuration that I need to set up in order to get both, calls and Mobile Network working normally. I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,073
Message 2 of 23

Re: Moto Z2 Force (Unlocked) Calls not working (Incoming and outgoing)

Hi Luis_Mar,

Sorry to know about that. May I know where did you purchase your phone? Are you referring to the regular phone or the voice over LTE? Let's try to test this on safemode.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Luis_Mar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,065
Message 3 of 23

Hi,

I had this problem with the regular phone.

Somehow I created a new APN (this morning) with the same settings as previous, and it worked.

Not sure what the real problem is or was, the good thing it is working now. If this problem appears again, I will proceed as your request

Thanks a lot for your support,

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,036
Message 4 of 23

Hi Luis_Mar,

Absolutely. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Omar_GlRd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,969
Message 5 of 23

Hello.! I'm just having the same problem: my data, txt and apps are running fine but the regular phone calls are not working properly; whenever I try to call, it just get stock on the calling screen, never calls and drops the call automatically.

Context: phone is from Mexico, it's unlocked.

Fun facts: it was working perfectly fine 2 days back, I've had Moto z2 force for over 4 months running awesomely, if I switch the preferred network type to 3G IT DOES MAKE PHONE CALLS AND RECEIVE THEM, I did not move a thing in the cellphone, I already did a factory reset, a network reset, called my service provider (at&t Mexico) for regular system troubleshooting, changed the APN, did the safe mode instructions, switched my SIM to different device (it did work just fine), usea another SIM on my device (it did not work) and still not working... Pls..... Help.! 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,947
Message 6 of 23

Hi Omar_GlRd,

Sorry to know about that. If I understand you correctly, you can't make or receive calls when you set your sim to 4G? Did you move to a different place/location? Or does it matter wherever location you are? On your screenshot, it shows H besides the signal bar, does it go back to 4G when call ends?

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Omar_GlRd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,934
Message 7 of 23

you can't make or receive calls when you set your sim to 4G? - this statement is correct

Did you move to a different place/location? - no, same location as always

Or does it matter wherever location you are? - it shouldn't matter, as I'm standing in the same location since 2 years ago and my Moto z2 force started malfunctioning 3 days back.

On your screenshot, it shows H besides the signal bar, does it go back to 4G when call ends? - yes, usual mobile data is 4G LTE but when I trigger a phone calls, it degrades to H or H+. Now that I think about it, before it went to H+ bit with this problem goes to H.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number: Moto z2 force, AT&T Mexico, I'll update the serial number.

Motorola privacy is on.

You are more than welcome to look at my apps, pls. I've been running same apps since January

Thank you in advance!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,910
Message 8 of 23

Hi Omar_GlRd,

Thanks for updating. I'm seeing that your network signal strength is good, it only goes "poor" signal very seldom. Although some apps are crashing especially Whatsapp. Could you please try to uninstall the app? Maybe the app is using the data in the background that's why you can't make/receive a phone call. Also, have you tried to make a phone call while the mobile data is off?  Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Rob976
Paper Tape
Views: 2,838
Message 9 of 23

Hello,

Have same exact issue as Omar_GlRd, exactly the same.

Have you found a solution yet? 

Regards. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,809
Message 10 of 23

Hi Rob976,

Have you tried to check with a different carrier just to see if it will not reproduce the same issue? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors