06-11-2018 11:14 AM
I'm having the same issue. Have not checked with a different carrier; my Moto z2 force is locked to at&t and I am using their service. Additionally, I have no issues making or recirecei calls when I move the Sim to my old Moto g5.
06-11-2018 12:24 PM
So, here it is my update.
Since I started this inquiry, nothing has changed, imI still unableto do phone calls with Moto Z2 Force while using 4G network in AT&T Mexico.
1. I went to Atlanta for 2 weeks and changed to 4G using AT&T USA (and roaming, naturally) and services worked very good. Came back to Mexico and services is down again using 4G network: no phone calls at all but mobile data is working.
2. I found out that other at&t users at same situation are going through the same issue. So far, antoher 2 guys (100% exact same situations).
Possible resolution, it is in fact a provider's problem.
Any other comments.?
07-06-2018 07:36 AM
I have the same problem, I even sent it to "repair" under warranty to Motorola (after 2 weeks of calls I finally received a call back from level 2 support, those guys are never available).
When I received the phone nothing at all was repaired, the single huge problem (no calls when in 4G) which caused me to send it was still present.
Is there a better response from Motorola?
07-06-2018 11:39 AM
Thanks for posting on this thread. Telcel and Movistar do have VoLTE but for AT&T Mexico 4G VoLTE seems not available. I would recommend confirming this from your carrier.
07-13-2018 08:24 AM
I already confirmed in the phone settings that VoLTE is disabled. Still, not able to make calls when 4G is active and I've sent the phone through motorola support 3 times already without a fix
07-13-2018 08:41 AM
I've been following this inquiry very close and I've arrived into a very accurate conclusion:
1. This is not a device problem! Motorola devices are not the problem. I've found that Samsung and Huawei devices also have the same problems.
2. This is definitely about service provider network. In my investigation, AT&T is the one having this issue alone.
3. This issue happens only in certain Mexican areas. For example, in Monterey this happens. I went to Chihuahua and CD Juarez just last 3 days and I was able to use 4G and calls without problems.
4. Based on the idea that only happens in certain areas at certain networks, I can only concluded that happens to certain devices as well. Brands, perhaps, as unlocked iPhone does not present this issue.
Solution, I don't see any but actually perform the solution I presented about 3 weeks back: change network to 3G (setting>network and internet>mobile network>preferred network type>3G>do reboot), that fixes the problem.
Hope this helps.
09-09-2018 10:11 AM - edited 09-09-2018 10:12 AM
First of all, thanks for following up this thread, it is really helpful.
Secondly, and just for the record I have exactly same problem. AT&T carrier, location Monterey, Mex.
09-18-2018 11:09 AM
I have a workaroud.
1.- Put the phone on 3G.
2.- Mark the * # * # 4636 # * # *
3.- Select the option Phone information.
4.- In the section "select the preferred network type", Select the option "LTE / WCDMA".
This configuration allows you to have 4G and make and receive calls.
NOTE: This configuration sometimes gets lost, it's just doing the steps again.