Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raw_mon
What's DOS?
Views: 1,792
Message 1 of 6

Moto Z2 Force (XT1789-05) stuck in boot loop

Hi, this past Saturday night my phone ran out of battery and I didn't have access to my charger until the next morning, I plugged it in and it started charging, but after reaching 100% and unplugging it, it wouldn't work.

The phone is now stuck in a boot loop, I tried going into fastboot mode, recovery, shutting it down, letting the battery drain and start over, and nothing seems to work.

I also downloaded "Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant" and it gives me a "failed to match the connected device, Please plug it out, and try again", and after trying multiple USB ports, it never works.

I then tried using "Software Upgrade Assistant", and after going into fastboot again and plugging the phone, it gets stuck "Processing Device Information", and it never works.

I'm trying to save my files and my phone, but I don't know how to proceed. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,593
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto Z2 Force (XT1789-05) stuck in boot loop

Hi Raw_mon,

Thanks for posting. Are you with Verizon? Have you tried their Software Upgrade Assistant? Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

angrymotoz2
Punch Card
Views: 1,518
Message 3 of 6

The same thing happened to me starting yesterday. It is probably rigged, knowing how *removed* Motorola has been to z2 owners.

13 pages of replies on the battery issue thread, and still NOTHING out of Motorola, but *removed* advice to drain and recharge battery ( how the *removed* do you do that when the battery shuts off randomly and is operating on 1% of its normal charge?)

Now im using my dads old device, which has a *removed* screen. At least its battery works fine (for now, until it realizes its time to die)

I plan to abandon the contract, since US cellular won't fix it, despite it being non-user error. No service, no payments.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Highlighted
kmcclosk
What's DOS?
Views: 174
Message 4 of 6

I also have this issue!
I updated to Pie on Friday... seems a bit odd that it stopped working 24 hrs after the update when i have had ZERO problems with it before also I shut it down manually and it wasnt any outside issue that comprimised my phone. 

Saturday the 7th of Sept I got on a flight and turned off my phone when I landed; all my phone would do is reboot and reboot till the battery died. I recharged all the way with no success. I went into safety boot mode nothing. I tried to update the graphics, encountered an error and then it would uninstall and then update. This happened EVERY TIME I did this process (the process is boot mode Vol down and power for 40 seconds then in recovery mode power button + up vol quick release.)  still nothing.
I removed the SIM card ... nothing.. i dont have an SD in it...

Any thoughts??? i have ased Best buy and verizon and verizon said F all and i should just upgrade.. best buy said i should down downgrade software to Oreo... 

Any suggestions?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 154
Message 5 of 6

Hi kmcclosk,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I'd like to confirm when you boot the phone to recovery mode, do you see an option to do an external reset? You can try LMSA - rescue function and see if helps. 

Here are the links

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht102605

Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

fierceowner
What's DOS?
Views: 130
Message 6 of 6

Hi all,
So the same thing happened to me last night with my z2 force. My battery drained out and now it's stuck in a boot loop where the moto logo would come and keep revolving and the screen continuously flashes.
Please provide a solution to this.

Top Kudoed Authors