Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corvin24
What's DOS?
Views: 2,036
Message 11 of 105

Re: Moto Z2 Force keeps restarting

I have the same problem. Did you resolved it? 

SKMOTO
Paper Tape
Views: 2,019
Message 12 of 105

i have to see. now I factory reset again. Not installing Kaspersky and Wunderlist.
zeel33
What's DOS?
Views: 2,014
Message 13 of 105

Hi, I've found no matter if a Z force2 is formatted, random reboots still exist.  So moto, when will this issue be address?

corvin24
What's DOS?
Views: 2,009
Message 14 of 105

Same here. I formated and did not install any app. No sim card and no sd card inserted!

Still randomly restarting. Lenovo, do something! 

Kilam
Paper Tape
Views: 1,994
Message 15 of 105

I am having the same restarting issues. The phone is a few months old. I, too, notice it may be related to the finger print sensor. So, I turned off that feature. Problem still persists, but not as much.

However, I have noticed when placing the phone on table, the impact causes the screen to go black, then turn back on. As if there's a loose connection internally to the battery/power.

Moto support, what is the triggering event to these issues from several Moto Z owners? Whether it's a battery issue/ electrical charger issue or system software update issues, please resolve ASAP. Newer phones shouldn't behave this way. I paid for this device in full. Regrettably.

Highlighted
41rw4lk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,954
Message 16 of 105

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and I have random reboots and wifi drops. I've searched and search and all of these "fixes" are ludicrous. Reboot this, turn off that, reset your phone a dozen times. The reason I'm replying now is because I have a mobile data alert on my phone because apparently I haven't been on a wifi connection as often as I thought. I've never been close to my data limit until now. There is a wifi problem with this phone, it has existed for some time now according my reaserch for a solution. My phone came with Oreo build OCX27.1, so I have no reference to any problems on Nouget, but I see them everywhere I look. Is there any solution to this yet or any suggestions that go beyond tier 1 support? Need logs? I'll post them. Want to validate settings? I've turned so much nonense off that all I could possibly have is lone ping from my phone to my router. As for the random reboots, it seems to be more so when something is cpu intensive or graphics heavy. Most likely cpu related, stepping or governing is tweaked wrong.
I'm not happy, I'm out of ideas. and my moto fandom is being crushed. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the rant and thanks for your time.

SKMOTO
Paper Tape
Views: 1,939
Message 17 of 105

March Security Update Received. Lets see how things going to improve.

MasterChef
What's DOS?
Views: 1,904
Message 18 of 105

Yeah mine just started happening after i updated some apps. im going to use safe mode and uninstall them and see what happens

Charity78
Paper Tape
Views: 1,893
Message 19 of 105

I had the same problem it was a kika keyboard to change the look I uninstalled it and it stopped
brooks1083
What's DOS?
Views: 1,831
Message 20 of 105

I have had this same issue on mine as well. I can always tell when it's about to happen. The phone goes from a locked/screen off state to when I try to wake it. I try to wake it with fingerprint and I can feel the haptic feedback but no screen. I push the power button on the side to wake the screen up and nothing happens. After waiting for about 5 or 10 seconds or so, the screen finally comes on where i can unlock the device. Usually sometime within the next 3 or 4 minutes the device reboots itself. It's gotten to the point where it's happening at least once a day. I can't remember when it started happening, it seems like it's been about a month ago.

I love the coverage I get on my moto devices, but this is definitely putting a sour taste in my mouth.

Top Kudoed Authors