Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 427
Message 91 of 101

Re: Moto Z2 Force keeps restarting

Hi randy_ray,

I appreciate your response. We have checked all the reports you provided and our team is progressing on this. But still we need to help each other and keep the troubleshooting. I'll talk to our teams and engineers and I will keep you updated. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

imadmajid90
Paper Tape
Views: 424
Message 92 of 101

Hi @

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi imadmajid90,

Thanks for posting here. We can consider several factors that could cause the random reboot. Let's try isolating the software factor. May I know what troubleshooting steps have you tried and done so far? Also, have you tried the suggested TS above? Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Hi @Agent_Rich ,

Thanks for showing your concern in my case.

I tried to factory reset the phone, but it didn't happen.

Furthermore, I have now returned my Z2 Force back to the retailer, and they have replaced with another Z2 Force. So far, it has not been restarted (since in 4 hours observation)

I will let you know here as soon as i get any random restarts.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 392
Message 93 of 101

Hi imadmajid90,

Thank you for updating me. Let me know if you need further help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Davis16229
Paper Tape
Views: 535
Message 94 of 101

Moto Z2 Force randomly shutting down after last update.

I have had my Moto Z2 Force for a little more than a year. The battery would last about 14 hrs on a single charge. Now after the last update

( ODXS27.109-34-17-3-1 ) on December 04, 2018 my phone will randomly shutdown no matter what the battery level is. When I try to turn it back on it displays 0% battery, after plugging it in for less than a minute it will show over 50% or more battery. I have read many post with this same issue. I have tried the battery calibration on the phone as some have suggested but it still shuts down. I have deleted apps from the phone and cleared all cache from the phone still did not help. I have restarted the phone in safe mode and tried to use the camera, phone still shuts down. I have paid $700 for this phone it should last more than a year. Can someone help with this problem or get me in contact with Motorola to replace my phone please.  

Funkball
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 95 of 101

I'm certainly no engineer, but I think we may be dealing with a battery/voltage issue. Over the past month, I have experienced this shut down issue many times even in safe mode. I have factory reset this device twice. The second time, I didn't install anything at all, (other than Google standard files that automatically install for any user). I did not insert any SD card. I also charged the battery for 24 hours on the factory charger.

While keeping it on the charger, I could take video and pics and it never shut down. I took the phone off the charger and within minutes while trying to take pics, it shut down again.

I plugged it back it, and no issues. Seems like it may be a battery issue. I'm using a Moto mod battery as well (although not in the factory reset testing), and it shuts down with that attached as well.

I have tested many, many times off the charger, and it shuts off all the time. It is completely unusable.

So, perhaps a Lenovo engineer could review and help with a solution.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Siciuwyspa
Paper Tape
Views: 134
Message 96 of 101

Unfortunately that happens to me TOO . Yesterday around 30 restarts. Almost Everytime when I just unlock the screen. Worst this is that I have 3 Moto z2 force at home ( me , my wife , my mum ) I have almost all mods. I'm really affraid now because If that happens to me so soon will happen to my wife or my mum soon. Like someone said this Is FLAG phone.before I had z2 play and no issues.funny think is that I'm selling and fixing phones for about 6years now and I have sold many Moto z2 in last 2years.i thought this is the best deal/phone on the market.  I will update all information in my profile tonight and we see what gonna happens next.i don't wanna open my phone ( still on warranty ).

I believe that Lenovo will help us with that issue.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 96
Message 97 of 101

@Siciuwyspa wrote:

Unfortunately that happens to me TOO . Yesterday around 30 restarts. Almost Everytime when I just unlock the screen. Worst this is that I have 3 Moto z2 force at home ( me , my wife , my mum ) I have almost all mods. I'm really affraid now because If that happens to me so soon will happen to my wife or my mum soon. Like someone said this Is FLAG phone.before I had z2 play and no issues.funny think is that I'm selling and fixing phones for about 6years now and I have sold many Moto z2 in last 2years.i thought this is the best deal/phone on the market.  I will update all information in my profile tonight and we see what gonna happens next.i don't wanna open my phone ( still on warranty ).

I believe that Lenovo will help us with that issue.

May I know what troubleshooting steps have you tried and done so far? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Funkball
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 98 of 101

Battery calibration

Full factory reset with no additional apps.

Now see a full-on swollen battery. Screen raised on left side.

But I guess no one's asking me, since my warranty is expired.

Max785
What's DOS?
Views: 71
Message 99 of 101

I've had my phone for about a year now, I've keept it perfect condition and the battery life was really good up untill about a week and a half ago now the battery life is running out instantly now

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 65
Message 100 of 101

@Max785 wrote:

I've had my phone for about a year now, I've keept it perfect condition and the battery life was really good up untill about a week and a half ago now the battery life is running out instantly now

Sorry to hear that.  If it's less than 12 months old I would get it replaced under warranty right away.  I would if it was my phone, just my 2 cents worth.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors