Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MortezaFattahi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 425
Message 111 of 135

Re: Automatically Reset My Moto Z2 force

Hi Senior MotoAgent , I've done all the recommendations of your team to fix the problem of the device, but the problem persists, so according to the latest advice you have delivered the device to the warranty In Iran(Homatelecom), but after two weeks, no action has been taken on the part of the warranty.

Can we quickly test this in safe mode and let us know if that makes any difference? How often do you notice this?

I've done all the stuff you recommended on previous posts: Use safe mode, Battery Calibrate and Reset factory but my device problem was still there.

Could you share us a sample video showing what you see and the link of the video so we can test. Just to narrow down—does this happens with all the videos you play or any specific?

This did not always happen, but most of the time it happened when I was watching the video from Instagram. Unfortunately, there is no video available because it happens suddenly.

Could you share us more information on this? Are you unable to connect? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this so we do not duplicate?

I could connect to Wi-Fi, but after several times the automatic restart, device did not detect the wifi name. But after the reset factory, it detected WiFi again.

Malfunctioning motion sensor — Could you brief more on this?

Motodisplay Handwave does not work properly.

Do not run the software after several resets — What software are we talking about?

After several automatic resets, most software does not function properly. For example, by clicking on the camera icon, the camera does not work or can not be accessed by the Google Play app, which is what happens to all software.

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue?

I have registered the IMEI number on 03-31-2019, I do not have a problem viewing my used software, although I've uploaded an Android bug report, but there was no response from Your support team.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14o4HUXouUY-oKvWyKx11V4a9BBH2A_Bg

(This will help us investigate). Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Do you think this sentence does not have to be done by your team before the massive presentation of the device? To prevent a problem for your customers?
In general, the quality of Motorola branded devices is very low, for example, my previous device (moto x force) will automatically reset every morning at 1:00 AM and I've been facing this problem for two years,
Online support is not very desirable, although I posted on 03-31-2019, but no response has been given to me.
 Worst of all, this is the official warranty of this device in Iran(Homatelecom), it's really a disaster. After a month, I bought the device, for two weeks Device Reseting and two weeks for warranty. Smiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated

MortezaFattahi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 381
Message 112 of 135

Hi Senior MotoAgent , I've done all the recommendations of your team to fix the problem of the device, but the problem persists, so according to the latest advice you have delivered the device to the warranty In Iran(Homatelecom), but after two weeks, no action has been taken on the part of the warranty.

Can we quickly test this in safe mode and let us know if that makes any difference? How often do you notice this?

I've done all the stuff you recommended on previous posts: Use safe mode, Battery Calibrate and Reset factory but my device problem was still there.

Could you share us a sample video showing what you see and the link of the video so we can test. Just to narrow down—does this happens with all the videos you play or any specific?

This did not always happen, but most of the time it happened when I was watching the video from Instagram. Unfortunately, there is no video available because it happens suddenly.

Could you share us more information on this? Are you unable to connect? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this so we do not duplicate?

I could connect to Wi-Fi, but after several times the automatic restart, device did not detect the wifi name. But after the reset factory, it detected WiFi again.

Malfunctioning motion sensor — Could you brief more on this?

Motodisplay Handwave does not work properly.

Do not run the software after several resets — What software are we talking about?

After several automatic resets, most software does not function properly. For example, by clicking on the camera icon, the camera does not work or can not be accessed by the Google Play app, which is what happens to all software.

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue?

I have registered the IMEI number on 03-31-2019, I do not have a problem viewing my used software, although I've uploaded an Android bug report, but there was no response from Your support team.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14o4HUXouUY-oKvWyKx11V4a9BBH2A_Bg

(This will help us investigate). Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Do you think this sentence does not have to be done by your team before the massive presentation of the device? To prevent a problem for your customers?
In general, the quality of Motorola branded devices is very low, for example, my previous device (moto x force) will automatically reset every morning at 1:00 AM and I've been facing this problem for two years,
Online support is not very desirable, although I posted on 03-31-2019, but no response has been given to me.
 Worst of all, this is the official warranty of this device in Iran(Homatelecom), it's really a disaster. After a month, I bought the device, for two weeks Device Reseting and two weeks for warranty. Smiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated

MortezaFattahi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 333
Message 113 of 135

Really, Lenovo's unique support surprised me Smiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated

angrymotoz2
Punch Card
Views: 277
Message 114 of 135

Lenovo can Edited to remove profanity.  The sad thing is, if they are sued again for warranty related issues, chances are Motorola will be ordered to dismantle... Wouldn't upset me in the slightest

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 266
Message 115 of 135

@angrymotoz2 wrote:

Lenovo can Edited to remove profanity.  The sad thing is, if they are sued again for warranty related issues, chances are Motorola will be ordered to dismantle... Wouldn't upset me in the slightest

Wondering if you can prove that.  

What I don't have to wonder about is your inability to abide by the forum house rules.  Those rules have no problem with complaints, or Moto-bashing, but they do require that you make your negative point and then move on.  

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.

angrymotoz2
Punch Card
Views: 234
Message 116 of 135

Man, I wish I could make the point and move on.

But it's not just me. Look at the threads you moderate. Does this look like a good company to you?

A company so filled with pride they refuse to recall defective phones, which at least half of the Z models have been prone to some defect.

Man, I'm PO'ed! Reasonably too! I'm without a phone and stuck in a contract until 2021, and I can't afford the $200 insurance deductible, especially considering I will not be eligible for the inevitable replacement I will need (I had two extra of this model laying around, BOTH failed too now) 

So here's the thing: I can pay $200 for another defective phone, I can pay $600 to drop the contract, or I can hope Motorola recalls the device. I can't afford the first two options, so my only other option is to abandon the contract, which isn't fair to US Cellular. 

Since my warranty was voided because of damage to the case of the phone, which is the natural result of Motorola so heavily claiming a protective case would not be needed, as the screen was shatterproof.

I like the phone, I really do. I wish it wasn't prone to battery failure. But it is, and Moto refuses to recall.

That's why I can't just let this go.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 228
Message 117 of 135

I feel bad for folks experiencing problems with their phone that cannot easily be resolved.  But....the "locked in contract" comments are really irrelevant to the quality of the phone or discussions about phone functionality.  The manufacturer didn't sell you a 24 month contract, or 24 month payment plan.  The carrier did that.  Just like financing a car....the car company let's the bank handle the loan, they just sell you the car.  Moto provides the phone and has no say so in how you pay for it through your carrier. 

~Scott
angrymotoz2
Punch Card
Views: 228
Message 118 of 135

Except the manufacturer should expect that most buyers will be in a contract. But I see what you are saying.. Still doesn't change the fact that it screws us over. Those of us stuck in a contract have little options. We might as well prepare for months paying into a contract where we aren't getting service or phone.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 209
Message 119 of 135

If you bought the phone in 2019, why are you not covered under the 12 month warranty?

~Scott
angrymotoz2
Punch Card
Views: 200
Message 120 of 135

I bought it in summer 2018.

I am not covered under the 12-month battery warranty (the original was 6 months) because of minor damage on the outside of the phone. (apparently, the phone Motorola tried so hard to market as indestructible actually needs a protective case to qualify for warranty....)

See the issue?

Top Kudoed Authors