Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuisAlfaro
Paper Tape
Views: 4,932
Message 11 of 133

Re: Moto Z2 Force randomly turning off & battery drain issue

I started having problems with my phone 3 days ago. First the charge did not last long, then when I wanted to use the camera it turned itself off but I could turn it on easily, but now it does not matter what percentage of the charge it turns off, and when I try to turn it on, my screen appears 0% and when connect jumps to 30 or up to 50% charge. The phone does not have any damage

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,889
Message 12 of 133

Hi LuisAlfaro,

Thanks for posting. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

JDV83
Paper Tape
Views: 4,712
Message 13 of 133

I am having all the same issues with my MOTO Z2 FORCE.  I have tried battery callibration and safe mode.  Problem persists. Has there been any update on a fix for this?  My profile is updated with my phone, carrier and serial number.  Please let us know what we can do to fix this issue.  

Regards, 

JDV

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,687
Message 14 of 133

Hi JDV83,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the steps you've tried and for updating your profile. It looks like there are some apps crashing on your phone, these apps could cause an issue. Have you tried doing factory data reset without restoring your third-party apps? If not, please try doing it and observe the phone without any third-party installed on your phone. Let me know if there's any improvement and I'll check your battery again. Thanks.

Factory Reset:

Settings > System > Reset > Factory Reset

If you have important files, please back them up so you won't lose any of it. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Motoz2blows
Paper Tape
Views: 4,679
Message 15 of 133

So at what point can we start a class action lawsuit? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,668
Message 16 of 133

@Motoz2blows wrote:

So at what point can we start a class action lawsuit? 

We don't provide legal advice of any nature on this website.  Kindly bring your inquiry to an appropriate expert.

To be candid, it seems kind of weird to me to ask for help in suing a company on that company's website.  Smiley Indifferent

Motoz2blows
Paper Tape
Views: 4,660
Message 17 of 133

That question wasn't aimed at you the moderator. It was more less to everyone else in the forum who has spent a ton of money on this smartphone and having the exact same problem with no real fix other than a chase your tail answer.
Justin6
Paper Tape
Views: 4,653
Message 18 of 133

Motoz2blows,

If your phone is within the warranty period of one year(I believe), simply send a repair submission.  Having the same phone and the same issues to the point of a unusable phone that's what I did.  Customer service was very effecient.  Email updates were sent every step of the process.  My phone shipped back one day after it was received.

To make sure it's the phone battery this is what I did.

Factory reset while plugged in and fully charged.

Blue screen, phone wiped I monitored the battery.  At first it seemed okay but within three hours it was off.

When I received the phone, during setup I went to google play and changed settings to never update anything without permission.

During the time my phone was sent off, I activated my old phone.  If you don't have one they will send you one with a deposit.

This issue was frustrating.  My experienve with customer service was so impressive that I will continue to buy Motorola and probably do so direct.  They exceeded my expectations and I was 100% satisfied.  My Z2 Force has been well for 75 days.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service

There's the link, regards.

Motoz2blows
Paper Tape
Views: 4,650
Message 19 of 133

Yup, called verizon earlier today. Should have a new one by tomorrow. Hopefully its not already updated with oreo. Ive have Motorola's since the nextel days...i love them. This is my first one thats been a dud. *removed* part is i have alot of the mods so i kinda gotta stick with it now. Lol

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language

Justin6
Paper Tape
Views: 4,651
Message 20 of 133

You were probably doomed after update 109-34-4.  I bought a Turbo battery mod before returning it. 

Now with the batterry pack it really lasts.  In 10 hours, currently,  I'm still at 88% right now without the extra battery. Just like when it was new.

It will get better with your replacement.

I will probably buy another.  Down to $500 now.

Top Kudoed Authors