Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kpbeard77
What's DOS?
Views: 2,845
Message 21 of 133

Re: Moto Z2 Force randomly turning off & battery drain issue

I have the same issue since the latest sprint update. Any way to solve the random shutdowns or do you have to have it repaired?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,814
Message 22 of 133

Hi Kpbeard77,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I wouldn't recommend sending the phone for repair right away. Please try the suggested troubleshooting steps provided in the previous comments. If we have performed all those steps including factory data reset without restoring any third party apps, and the issue persists then it could be a hardware issue already and better to have our technicians check the phone for possible repair. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

rjaffeux
Paper Tape
Views: 2,851
Message 23 of 133

Turned off on it's own and won't turn on

Last Friday my Z2 force got an update. It restarted out of nowhere with no notice. The next day it just turned off and wouldn't turn back on. I had never had any issues with my phone. I just figured I would click the button and it would turn back on but it didn't. i figured the battery was dead it had been low but I didn't think under 30% but I let it charge. After a while, I tried to turn it on again and it still stayed off. I looked up the soft and hard reboot, tried both but it stayed off. I'm not sure what to do from here. 

I am told it is covered by the warranty but I'm afraid to send it away knowing there MIGHT be a bill. The phone is in nearly perfect condition with a few scratches on the edge. The only trama it's had was it fell off my car about a month ago and was returned to me with a broken glass on my forward facing camera. I ordered the new glass that can be just put right on not "installed" But that happened a month ago or more. So I know that didn't make this happen but I can't afford to send my phone in knowing companies jack you up for fees.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get past the update and get it to restart? I've tried the soft and hard reboot.... HELP I need this phone. my son has Autism and this is my main contact with his therapists. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,751
Message 24 of 133

Re: Turned off on it's own and won't turn on

Hi rjaffeux,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the steps you've taken, Please try the suggested troubleshooting steps provided here. Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Motoz2blows
Paper Tape
Views: 2,748
Message 25 of 133

Problem resolved. Contacted verizon. Phone was under Warranty. Replaced phone. No issues since.
gglass1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,615
Message 26 of 133

Same issue here. The phone will turn off no matter how much charge is actually in the battery. It will display 0% power when the power button is pressed, but the shows the actual charge when it gets plugged in.

The repetitive answers by CS on this forum obviously do not work, as no one has yet reported success. It seems that the only purpose for the CS responses would be to slow down the rate of returns.

This problem has been reported for many months, yet there has been no real solution offered.

I suppose that I can dig out an old Samsung to get me through until the Motorola finally admits that there is a problem, or the class action suit begins.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,574
Message 27 of 133

Hi gglass1,

Thanks for posting here. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Also, for the meantime, please boot your phone into safe mode and observe your phone for the whole day and see if there's any improvement.

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.

2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Robmore39
What's DOS?
Views: 2,513
Message 28 of 133

I have the same issue. A couple weeks ago my phone would shut down at around 65 percent and then say 0 pecent. I hope Lenovo will fix this issue or they will lose a lot of costomers including me.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,462
Message 29 of 133

Hi Robmore39,

Thanks for posting here I'd like to help. Please follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread. Also, kindly update your profile so we can further investigate. Let me know. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

martinpippin
What's DOS?
Views: 2,201
Message 30 of 133

I am having the exact same issue mentioned here. Did you find the issue? Solution?

Top Kudoed Authors