Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
oskarnrk
Punch Card
Views: 3,390
Message 5 of 111

Moto Z2 Force wifi issues after Android 9 Pie update

My wife and I both have Moto Z2 Force reteu and received the Android Pie 9 update.

After the update we both have some wifi issues.

The wifi connection seems to work, even if very slow, then the wifi icon displays a little 'x', the connection drops, the data connection starts, then the wifi connects again. It happens on and on.

The wifi connection seems struggling to obtain the IP address from DHCP but I tried to set a fixed IP and it happens no matter what.

Rebooting the phone fixes the issue for a little while or until the phone connects to another wifi network.

Some other users have the same issue. Here's the link of a message in another thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Z2-Force-Android-Pie/m-p/4503733/highlight/true#M8798

Some tried a factory reset with no success. We need an update from Motorola to fix this very annoying issue.

acenors
Punch Card
Views: 3,322
Message 1 of 111

Re: Z2 Force Android Pie

I also have problems with wifi after Pie update. I tried with a recovery factory data reset but it continues to lose wifi connection and when it is connected is extremely slow! Before the update I never had this kind of issue

ghiottone
Token Ring
Views: 3,315
Message 2 of 111

Ye, the wifi is very poor after the update. Drop the signal so frequently and the download speed is so slow. It's neeed to be fixed ASAP.
LukasJanssens
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,213
Message 3 of 111

Foto thé same problem! When are they going to fix this?

ghiottone
Token Ring
Views: 3,283
Message 4 of 111

I wrote to Motorola Germany in twitter and i think let's note here too:

https://mobile.twitter.com/motorolaDE/status/1163811123147227142
ghiottone
Token Ring
Views: 3,341
Message 6 of 111

Re: Moto Z2 Force wifi issues after Android 9 Pie update

I dont undestand why this problems not solved in the soak period. Earlier In X1, X Play i participated in soak tests but in EU in the past 1-2 years there is no soak tests which is a very huge problem. Within 1 day we can discover 2 cardinal problems (wifi, calls).  + and there is even a bug in the screen rotation.

ghiottone
Token Ring
Views: 3,320
Message 7 of 111

Mine Z2 Force and my brother's Z2 Force has this issue too. Both of them works great before the Pie update, but now the download speed via Wifi is 10% only. Oreo: down speed: 400mb, Pie: 40mb. Very slow response time, the connection is broken very often and the phone struggling to make a connect to the wifi networks. I managed factory reset both phone but nothing change. I have Moto X4 with july update but there is no problem, everything works fine in the same place with same wifi network.

The other problem is with callings. Sometimes the phone freezing when i want to call a number or answer a call - dont respond. The restart is the only to help when this freezings happens.

I contacted with Motorola Germany via twitter and pm, i gave the IMEI-s and they wrote this:

"We will look into this case with our Technical Department and get back to you as soon as possible."

I think everyone who has this issues contact with his local Motorola Department.

Benoe
Punch Card
Views: 3,256
Message 8 of 111

My Z2F keeps notifying me to upgrade to the next android version. Reading these comments I am really reluctant to do so.

Is there any way to remove this constant notification?

dkirk1
Punch Card
Views: 3,180
Message 9 of 111

I'm having this issue also!

Constant dropping and reconnecting to WiFi. About ready to turn it off since I have an unlimited data plan.

Wish I had skipped the update.

I also have a problem with the stock

camera app causing the phone to crash. pie didn't solve that either.

Dawn
Bronovo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,150
Message 10 of 111

So, I was able to reproduce the issue in safemode. It doesn't occur immediately after switching networks a few times, but it started about 1-2 hours later. The connection drops like every 30 seconds. After reconnecting you have a few seconds with working internet before the cycle repeats.

Top Kudoed Authors