Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oskarnrk
Punch Card
Views: 1,088
Message 201 of 210

Re: Moto Z2 Force wifi issues after Android 9 Pie update

The problem is when the smartphone connects with 802.11n networks. It works with 802.11ac (5ghz) and 802.11bg (old standards). I changed my router (Fritz!Box now) just to have a 802.11ac network.

DamianJ123
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,032
Message 202 of 210

i tried changing router settings with no joy Smiley Sad

still really slow after 1-2hours and needs a restart to get back to normal speed.

halula
Paper Tape
Views: 1,023
Message 203 of 210

Yeah since the newest update the legacy mode work-around does not work properly anymore. 

Dodo9
Paper Tape
Views: 756
Message 204 of 210

I had this problem too. Can Motorola post a public decision, because this is a really big problem for everyone with Moto Z2 Force!!!

fbson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 731
Message 205 of 210

What a shocking company. Can someone with social media skills get the world knowing what's going on here please? They need sorting out, this is not acceptable. Shame on you Lenovo!!! 

Highlighted
EFDisaster
Punch Card
Views: 508
Message 206 of 210

I know that this won't be particularly helpful, but, I've been wifi-drop free for over two weeks. I think it was this same issue y'all were having, because I'd notice it was slow, and then I'd see the wifi indicator go away, or the toast notification that wifi disconnected, and even if it did come back, it'd drop again in a few seconds. It was only happening to me on my home router, not public wifis that I tested and not at work. I messed with router settings, did a network reset (the one that wipes all wifi/bluetooth settings) and none of it seemed to help.

I was ready to do a factory reset and then start submitting bug reports, but after uninstalling a bunch of apps that I didn't think I'd been using much and wouldn't want anyway, if I did a backup, the wifi drops stopped happening. It was a long list of apps, and I wasn't scientific about it at all, just noticed that it wasn't dropping later that day, but BEFORE I did the reset.

Sorry, I can't be more helpful, it the issue comes back, I'm all set up to run bug reports.

EFDisaster
Punch Card
Views: 312
Message 207 of 210

Good [BAD] News!

I jinxed myself with my last post and I'm dropping wifi all the time again!

EFDisaster
Punch Card
Views: 310
Message 208 of 210

this is fun, does Rich know that the wifi drops again before the bug report is even done compiling? I mean I could just keep adding bug reports to this folder in my drive continuously... will Lenovo pay for more Drive space?

fbson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 265
Message 209 of 210

Got to say, when I read your post about being WiFi drop free I suspected trouble was on the way, as it seems Lenovo are incapable of fixing it. Legal means are required I suspect, as they are clearly shirking their responsibility. Brilliantly, when I emailed their support dept recently I have been told they're looking into it, and, literally, not to contact them again as they are working on it. Unbelievable!!

bonne1
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 210 of 210

Since some of you wrote that resetting the phone worked, I tried this myself... Only to find out that I have been wasting a lot of time for nothing.

Surfing WiFi is like when I 25 years ago sat with my 2400 bps modem surfing the net.

I experience both the WiFi AND the cell icon to get an X from time to time... It is like the phone detects no data flow, and then resets the network. It happens to often, and data flow is never close to being acceptable.

Regards, Lars.

Top Kudoed Authors