Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techlore
Paper Tape
Views: 569
Message 1 of 3

Moto Z2 Force will not update to Android 8 from 7.1.1

I have 2 Moto Z2 force phones. One for myself and one for my wife. My phone is currently on Android 8.0 build OCXS27.109-47-23. As i have been anxiously awaiting Android 9 to finally drop. We are on ATT with the ATT branded phones, same model. 

i recently made a discovery that my wifes Moto Z2 Force has been stuck on andoid 7.1.1 build NCX26.122.59-8 and says it hasnt been updated since August 1. 2017. So of course I tried to use the built in update tool and it says it is up to date. 

I have called ATT to make sure it wasnt on their end and they then transfered me to Level 2 Moto Support and Moto support said to ask on the forums. (Side note, its not a good sign when tier 2 moto support is telling you to go ask on the forums and hope a developer answers.)

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 566
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto Z2 Force will not update to Android 8 from 7.1.1

Just FYI...the developers don't answer this forum.  Other users answer.  And occasionally a Moto employee will answer.  Sorry to hear about your issues.  Hopefully another AT&T user (or anyone) might have some helpful information.

~Scott
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 260
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto Z2 Force will not update to Android 8 from 7.1.1

Hi Techlore,

For the Android Pie Update, Delivering any Android upgrade is a complex process. For a variety of reasons, some US Moto Z2 Force models will not receive the Android 9 “Pie” update. The Moto Z2 Force model sold by Verizon will receive Pie as it is necessary to enable the 5G Moto Mod. We are committed to providing two years of Android security updates on all Moto Z2 force devices. While we always caution that our update plans may change, Motorola regrets any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause our loyal consumers.

For your Wife's phone, please update your profile with your wife's current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors