02-11-2016

US

3035 Signins

59091 Page Views

• Views: 59091
  • Message 11 of 18

Re: Moto z bluetooth in-car

2017-01-12, 17:44 PM

From what I've seen so far, issues with Bluetooth not turning on is a hardware thing and the phone will need to be repaired or replaced. As for issues with, call audio not routing to Bluetooth, I'd like to get some more information.  and . Please ensure your forum profiles are updated with the current IMEI of your device. Also please provide the following details:

1. What is the Make, Model, Trim of your vehicle or Car Stereo if aftermarket?
  2. Does this happen with all calls while connected to Bluetooth?
  3. Please provide a Bug Report with Bluetooth Snoop enabled. Steps will be provided below.

Thanks,

Tom

Bug Report with Bluetooth Snoop steps

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

08-24-2015

US

34 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 12 of 18

2017-01-12, 17:48 PM

I ended up having to have my phone replaced. At least, with the Z being so new, I know my 'certified replacement' is still fairly knew. Since I had followed all of the instructions to correct it before calling, it was much quicker to deal with the Verizon tech. After resetting my phone to factory and it still never worked, they immediately authorized another phone sent, overnight. The bummer was having to reinstall all of my apps, since I had wiped my original phone. Not my preferred way to set up a new phone! LOL!

Options

8 Posts

12-19-2016

US

19 Signins

351 Page Views

• Views: 351
  • Message 13 of 18

2017-01-12, 19:10 PM
Thanks for the info, I will update the bug report later tonight. Also my profile is updated w/ the requested info.

1. Toyota Camry SE 2014.5 w/ stock radio
2. This issue occurs w/ every call when connected to my car and Bluetooth headphones.
Options

7 Posts

02-17-2017

US

23 Signins

233 Page Views

• Views: 233
  • Message 14 of 18

Re: Moto z bluetooth

2017-02-17, 4:41 AM

Having the same problem since the latest update. Media works just fine through car Bluetooth and the phone media will not work and when I go to the Bluetooth setting it will not allow me to check phone audio. Is there a fix for this?

Options

1 Posts

02-17-2017

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 15 of 18

2017-02-17, 21:48 PM

I just upgraded to a Moto z droid, got the phone 2 days ago, yesterday I realized when I turned my Bluetooth on it switched right back off again, well there's a Verizon store in town and that's where I got the phone from so I went in there and after messing around with it they decided it would be best to just replace the phone. So they told me to go home and get the box and come back with the phone and the box and they'd replace it. Then when I got back to the store with the phone and the box I was told I needed to go home and get my charger and audio jack adapter and bring those with me too. So I did that and they replaced my phone, I pulled the phone STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX and tried to turn on the Bluetooth and I had the same issue. They told me that there's nothing they can do about that and that I need to wait for Motorola to come out with an update to fix it. Not only that but when they synced over to the new phone they did it on my data which used a whole gig of data and pushed us over our data limit for the month. So then I had to go back to the Verizon store and get that taken care of. DONT GO THROUGH VERIZON, MOTOROLA NEEDS TO FIX THE ISSUE!

Options

2 Posts

02-21-2017

US

4 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 16 of 18

2017-02-21, 21:28 PM

I now have the same issue.  I used my bluetooth yesterday(2/20/17) and all was good.  Today I tried to use BT and it just turns itself off the second I turn it on.  The odd part is when I reboot the phone BT works for a minute or so before it goes off again.  I cant help but wonder if an app update has caused this.  The OS it self has not been updated in a few weeks so that cant be the issue.  Has anyone been adventurous enough to do a factory reset to see if that corrects the issue?

Options

2 Posts

02-21-2017

US

4 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 17 of 18

2017-02-21, 22:01 PM
I had the same issue today. The Reset App Preferences did the trick. Settings/Apps/.../Reset App Pref.
Options

1 Posts

09-13-2017

US

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 18 of 18

2017-09-13, 17:45 PM
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete