Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theemissary
What's DOS?
Views: 1,374
Message 1 of 5

Moto z2 force Update issues!

After ma y updates from Motorola, my phone has nothing but problems. I've uninstalled Android auto many times, and it won't work right in my car, voice teo text will freeze up, or it won't read text sometimes.  Android auto will not start up at times when I plug the USB cable in. Phone will sometimes power down for no reason,  constantly dropcalls. I've been on the phone with Sprint, and they think it's from the updates.  They forwarded a trouble shoot to Motorola, but have heard from them yet.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,266
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto z2 force Update issues!

Hi Theemissary!

Thank you for posting, we are here to help. The software updates are made to enhance your device's performance and its features as well. Let us boot your device in Safe Mode for us to isolate this. Please be reminded that your third-party applications will be temporarily disabled while on this mode. 

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Do let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Theemissary
What's DOS?
Views: 927
Message 3 of 5

I just did a complete factory reset. Everything works fine now, I just got a notification for a software update but I'm not going to accept it cuz that's when all my problems started if I accept that update.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 919
Message 4 of 5

@Theemissary wrote:

I just did a complete factory reset. Everything works fine now, I just got a notification for a software update but I'm not going to accept it cuz that's when all my problems started if I accept that update.

A factory reset will not remove any updates. So there is a new security update for you. I would update and factory reset again before setting your phone up again. I think you can only push off the updates for only so long before it forces you to update.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 899
Message 5 of 5

Hi Theemissary,

I understand your frustrations. We will still suggest keeping your software up to date for the compatibility of your applications, to fix bugs and enhance your device's performance. Let us know if you have other questions in the future, we are always here to help.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors