Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 363
Message 51 of 64

Re: Moto z2 force camera blurry

Hi Mikkaph, Hannerbob,

This is odd. Make sure to adjust the focus by touching the screen, try setting the the focus to manual mode. Can you share us sample photos or videos showing this? It will help us evaluate. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

TESaunders
Paper Tape
Views: 232
Message 52 of 64

I have a Z2 Force on Verizon. Have never had any issues until a few days ago when a pop-up in the camera app recommended I try using the leveler. Now the camera will only focus on black & white mode. I cleaned the lens, tried using it in safe mode, reset all app preferences, tried downloading & using the Open Camera app but nothing works. Why would trying the leveler feature completely ruin the focusing ability of the camera? Video mode is also out of focus unless on B&W.

Mikkaph
SCSI Port
Views: 195
Message 53 of 64

This is a really Strange Phone & Service Provider. The ONLY way my issue of Blurry pictures got Fixed, was to get a replacement phone. I had Many issues with the First Moto Z2 F. phone and now after Months of No issues with the Second Moto Z2 F. Phone calling issue has come back to haunt my phone once again. The Photo Blurry problem has yet to reappear.
Personally I don't know what to tell you, other than it seems like Verizon Helps giving out these Problems with their updates.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 157
Message 54 of 64

Hi Mikkaph,

Can you please elaborate on what symptoms you're seeing? Also, please create a new thread for that so we won't clutter here. I'll further assist you there. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
TESaunders
Paper Tape
Views: 244
Message 55 of 64

Moto Z2 Force : Camera Won't Focus

I have a Z2 Force on Verizon. Have never had any issues until a few days ago when a pop-up in the camera app recommended I try using the leveler. Now the camera will only focus on black & white mode. I cleaned the lens, tried using it in safe mode, reset all app preferences, tried downloading & using the Open Camera app but nothing works. Why would trying the leveler feature completely ruin the focusing ability of the camera? Video mode is also out of focus unless on B&W.

TESaunders
Paper Tape
Views: 152
Message 56 of 64

Hi Rich,

I created a new thread for the topic. I'm not sure how much more I can elaborate on the issue.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 128
Message 57 of 64

Re: Moto Z2 Force : Camera Won't Focus

Hi TESaunders,

Thanks for posting and for the sample photo. Can you please test this in safe mode. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

TESaunders
Paper Tape
Views: 124
Message 58 of 64

I've already tried Safe Mode, as noted in my original message, but I did just try again w the same result. You can see the focus & clarity are fine in the b&w pic.

Safe Mode doesn't imprive the focus, so what do you recommend now?

TESaunders
Paper Tape
Views: 54
Message 59 of 64

Rich or anyone else. It's been 6 days since your last message asking me to again try safe mode. Safe mode doesn't change the result. What do you recommend I do now? I'm an artist & I rely on my camera to take pictures of my work. For the last 2.5 weeks I've had to borrow other people's phones to take pics, then send them to mine for editing. This is ridiculous. I worked for Verizon Wireless nearly 8 years & I've been using only Motorola phones since 2009. I've never seen a device's camera lose the ability to focus.

surgeon_sanket
Fanfold Paper
Views: 36
Message 60 of 64

I was having a force close issue with camera app (twist to open). However with the recent update i got (4.6mb moto cam 2), the issues have resolved. 

I would suggest you to try google camera port. It works perfectly. 

Top Kudoed Authors