Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

140 Posts

06-04-2010

United States of America

177 Signins

1769 Page Views

• Views: 1769
  • Message 11 of 19

Re: Motocare???

2016-10-21, 16:09 PM

I had the sdame issue with teh Z Play showing up.  Here's the fix:

Under your login for this website. go to Settings

Then to Personal Information

Put in your phone information, BUT don't stop there.

Scroll to the bottom and under Motorola feedback network, go to the option that says "Register your device on this website".  Go there and put in you info again and BINGO, your My Stuff account should show the Z Force.

Options

31 Posts

10-10-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

366 Page Views

• Views: 366
  • Message 12 of 19

2016-10-24, 19:54 PM

Any updates when Motocare will be available for people that have already purchased their phones? What if something does end up happening between now and then? Are we stuck paying for a new phone? 

Options

1 Posts

11-22-2014

United States of America

52 Signins

779 Page Views

• Views: 779
  • Message 13 of 19

2016-10-25, 22:13 PM
The Z showing up as a Z play happened to me too. To fix it, I deleted it from my account and added it by IMEI instead
Options

31 Posts

10-10-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

366 Page Views

• Message 14 of 19

2016-11-06, 2:41 AM

wrote:

Thanks.

Moto Care is now available for Moto Z (non-Droid versions) at the time of device purchase. We're still working on post-sales purchase, but this is progress, anyway!

Still no updates on post-sale purchase of Moto Care?

I have written a review on Amazon to get the word out to people about this Moto Care situation. Hopefully, the more people that read it, and spread the word, the faster things will get fixed. I doubt people will want to buy a phone there is little to no support available for it. It still won't even register as the correct phone on my account.

I will never recommend a Lenovo or Motorola product again due to the complete lack of customer support. Moto Care is advertised on the back page of the literature that comes with the phone and it is still unavailable. I wouldn't be surprised that, when it does become available for purchase, we won't be able to because too much time has passed since the phone was purchased.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2589 Signins

65243 Page Views

• Views: 65243
  • Message 15 of 19

2016-11-07, 15:11 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Thanks.

Moto Care is now available for Moto Z (non-Droid versions) at the time of device purchase. We're still working on post-sales purchase, but this is progress, anyway!

Still no updates on post-sale purchase of Moto Care?

I have written a review on Amazon to get the word out to people about this Moto Care situation. Hopefully, the more people that read it, and spread the word, the faster things will get fixed. I doubt people will want to buy a phone there is little to no support available for it. It still won't even register as the correct phone on my account.

I will never recommend a Lenovo or Motorola product again due to the complete lack of customer support. Moto Care is advertised on the back page of the literature that comes with the phone and it is still unavailable. I wouldn't be surprised that, when it does become available for purchase, we won't be able to because too much time has passed since the phone was purchased.

You will be able to purchase it -- we've planned for that. As you can see, we're fully aware of the issue and are doing our best to keep folks informed. You are certainly within your rights to slam us over it, but it is not likely to speed up the process. Sorry for the delay.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

31 Posts

10-10-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

366 Page Views

• Message 16 of 19

2016-11-28, 1:39 AM

My question about what happens if we break our phone between now and whenever you guys get around to making Moto Care available to us has never been answered. Obviously, none of us plan on breaking our phone, but things do happen. Are we stuck with a full repair bill or no phone until this ridiculous error by Lenovo is fixed?

Options

2 Posts

12-19-2016

United States of America

10 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 17 of 19

2016-12-19, 20:26 PM

So, I'm in a similar boat where I purchased the phone, and now unable to purchase moto care. Based on what you said, it sounds like even if the issue is taken care of past 30 days after the time of purchase for my phone, I would still be able to get moto care. Is this correct? The customer support I spoke to over the phone today pretty much told me that I couldn't get moto care period, unless something changes before that 30 days period is expired.

Options

31 Posts

10-10-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

366 Page Views

• Message 18 of 19

2016-12-30, 6:40 AM

wrote:

So, I'm in a similar boat where I purchased the phone, and now unable to purchase moto care. Based on what you said, it sounds like even if the issue is taken care of past 30 days after the time of purchase for my phone, I would still be able to get moto care. Is this correct? The customer support I spoke to over the phone today pretty much told me that I couldn't get moto care period, unless something changes before that 30 days period is expired.

It's been three months since I purchased the phone and I still can't purchase Moto Care. Lenovo doesn't care about their customers. Every thread I read about people with different issues the only updates people receive are ambiguous non-answers like, "we're working on it," "as quickly as possible," and of course, "we've planned for it." Basically, it could be a year from now or it could be a week from now. If they don't give us a timeframe then it means they can take as long as they want and then say, "hey, this was as quick as we could possibly do it." If Moto Care becomes available in June 2017 they can say, "we planned on this," and all we can do is say, "well they did tell us there was a plan."

I highly doubt they "planned" to not make it available at the time of purchase for early adopters and then add it for new customers all the while leaving early adopters in a lurch. Lenovo is a horrible company that ruined everything that was great about owning a Motorola Phone.

Options

2 Posts

01-28-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 19 of 19

2017-01-28, 6:19 AM

Hello,

I had bought my Moto Z Play (not droid) back when it was still in presale and was not allowed to get Moto Care. Now that I go back to the sight I see the option is now available. Would it be possible to buy it. I have been a Moto customer for a couple different model phones and always get the extended warranty when possible. Please let me know if its still possible since I'm sure you are aware that it was not possible to purchase it at first.

Thanks,

Bnoriega2001

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms