Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Z2forcefan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 781
Message 1 of 8

Motorola forgot the Z2 Force

Just read that the Moto G6 Play is getting upgraded to Android Pie, and the Z2 Force flagship phone is totally left behind.  Definitely not a good feeling.  Below the link from Motorola for the G6 Play update.

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/Solution/MS139594

San_Z2Force
Punch Card
Views: 525
Message 2 of 8

Re: Motorola forgot the Z2 Force

They are laziest developer in the industry.
Also moderators are the same, because they don't have any info regarding OS update.
Don't buy Motorola next time if you expect to get OS updates in future.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 498
Message 3 of 8

@San_Z2Force wrote:
They are laziest developer in the industry.
Also moderators are the same, because they don't have any info regarding OS update.
Don't buy Motorola next time if you expect to get OS updates in future.

I'm lazy for not knowing what Motorola won't tell anyone? Really? How does this make any sense? Come on, tell me how mods are lazy. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Do you even know what we do? Do you know anything? I'm guessing I know you, with your comment. 

Z2forcefan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 476
Message 4 of 8

I agree with the moderator Eagle 328, the fact that Motorola has been very SLOW to update the OS for the Z2 Force, does not make the moderators lazy.  One thing has nothing to do with the other.

I don't want the topic I started to turn into moderator bashing.

rstewart787
Punch Card
Views: 433
Message 5 of 8

i think they were coming from more annoyance over the lack of support for this phone, or at least i hope it was that and not calling them out.  i know the moderators dont have much info when it comes to updates, but sometimes its nice to vent on here and hope others feel the same way.  i bought an iphone this week and decided that i wont turn back to andriod.  i love motorola but since lenvo bought them you can see the lack of qualitity in thier products.

angrymotoz2
Punch Card
Views: 390
Message 6 of 8

I agree with the mod. The mods are good, even left my post "exposing" the money grab. Lenovo just failed motorola. I had someone get a z3, its already breaking.

I loved this phone when I got it. Sadly, Its trashed.

buyhevs-98
SCSI Port
Views: 368
Message 7 of 8

@angrymotoz2

Lenovo just failed motorola. I had someone get a z3, its already breaking.

How is it breaking?  I REALLY like the Z2 Force, it's been my most durable Moto phone since my Droid 2 Global (and the Photon, although its issue was just because the GPS was acting up on Strava which gave me an excuse to buy the 1st Gen Moto X!).  I'll probably still get the Z4, as I really like my Mods; and I've already decided to buy the MotoCare given that Motonovo, especially as the Z2F seems to be their last rugged Z.

angrymotoz2
Punch Card
Views: 354
Message 8 of 8

Battery is draining faster, wifi is iffy.

Z2 is the only phone this durable period, or even near it. The z2 is gorilla glass. I don't know why they didn't just have a plastic screen + thin glass screen protector, instead of plastic on plastic. It wouldn't have had the peeling or scratching, and would still only require a $5-10 replacement if the glass screen protector broke.

I plan on getting an htc u11 or u12. If I can lose the contract on the z2. They are very fragile, but hell, either way a case will be needed, new gen or prev.

Top Kudoed Authors