Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-21-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

My Moto Z Force will no longer download or update apps from the Play Store

2021-06-24, 7:24 AM

All of a sudden, my phone will no longer download or update apps from the Play Store. I have not changed anything on the phone. All of the connections are good. I have gone through all troubleshooting. I am totally clueless. 

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:My Moto Z Force will no longer download or update apps from the Play Store

2021-06-24, 16:29 PM

Hi Dresden07,

I will try my best to help you with this. May we know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Do you still have sufficient storage on your phone? Try clearing the cache and app data of the Google Play Store app by going to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear app data. Then reboot the phone. Let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

06-21-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-07-25, 22:07 PM

I have over half of the storage available. I have cleared the cache. I uninstalled and reinstalled my Google account. I even removed all gaming apps, and unnecessary apps. I could not reinstall them. It is, I guess obviously not a storage problem. I get messages for "updates", but it will not let me install them. Again, I am totally clueless. I truly appreciate any and or all assistance you may give.

Thanks, Zeke!

Options

5279 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

653 Signins

55067 Page Views

• Views: 55067
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-26, 21:12 PM

@ Dresden07 wrote:

I have over half of the storage available. I have cleared the cache. I uninstalled and reinstalled my Google account. I even removed all gaming apps, and unnecessary apps. I could not reinstall them. It is, I guess obviously not a storage problem. I get messages for "updates", but it will not let me install them. Again, I am totally clueless. I truly appreciate any and or all assistance you may give.

Thanks, Zeke!

Hi Dresden07,

We appreciate trying to do some suggestions. Have you tried rebooting the phone? Have you tried resetting the app preference? If not, here's how:

Go to Settings >

1. Apps & notification
  2. See all
  3. Tap 3 vertical dots on top
  4. Show System
  5. Tap 3 vertical dots on top
  6. Reset App preferences.

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms