Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyRedYT
Fanfold Paper
Views: 538
Message 1 of 6

My Z2F won't update from Nougat

Hi I have an AT&T variant and I am using it on Crivcket (thanks to Moto Insiders) and I'm trying to update the OS. I have tried resetting it and using the Lenovo assistant to force an update. I have the device registered here, like I said I'm using an AT&T variant with Cricket service. I am a tech YouTuber, I have a tech channel and I've done everything I know how to do, I am the android expert for my retailer and I can't even force an update. When updating the new OS through the assistant, it gets to about n81% and fails. I have debug unlocked, I had it on the same wifi and left it untouched for a couple days while I was working in another store. Any suggestions? Do I need to find an at&t sim card?

Lady Red
Highlighted
jdi000
Punch Card
Views: 501
Message 2 of 6

Re: My Z2F won't update from Nougat

Hello

My phone ( att branded z2f) would not do any updates.  I moved my sim card from a non branded Moto x4.  I called att and they did a forced push and my phone updated to the latest att version with oreo and has been updating as expected with each security update.  They mentioned about the sim being in a non att branded phone at first and when I moved it to the z2 force it did not update because of that.

Jason 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 411
Message 3 of 6

Hi LadyRedYT,

Thanks for posting. Let me check your current build. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Make sure you have a SIM card with your phone before checking for an update. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

LadyRedYT
Fanfold Paper
Views: 367
Message 4 of 6

Ok all done! I have the AT&T variant on Cricket. Thanks so much!

Lady Red
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 127
Message 5 of 6

@LadyRedYT wrote:

Thank you. I'll get further assistance about this since the Lenovo Smart Assistant stuck at 81% update. I recommend coordinating with your carrier as well regarding this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

LadyRedYT
Fanfold Paper
Views: 112
Message 6 of 6

ThAnks, I will check with Cricket support. They arent terribly knowledgeablebut may be able to issue a forced update. Please keep me uodated if you discover any issues regarding the lenovo assistant.

@Agent_Rich wrote:

@LadyRedYT wrote:

Thank you. I'll get further assistance about this since the Lenovo Smart Assistant stuck at 81% update. I recommend coordinating with your carrier as well regarding this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Lady Red
Top Kudoed Authors