Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_Gutierrez
Blue Screen Again
Views: 18,536
Message 1 of 22

Phone Won't Turn on AT ALL

Hello,

I have a Moto Z Force and the problem I have is that the phone won't turn on. I turned off my phone so I can turbocharge it, went to take a shower, came back and turned on the phone. Phone was booting on, I saw it going through all of the motions of turning on, then it crashed and isn't showing a single sign of life.

I've tried hard resetting, trying a "battery pull", I've held the power button for long lengths of time, and nothing seems to help. The phone makes no vibrations of any sort, I put the phone to charge but the screen won't turn on signaling that the phone is even charging.

One thing you guys might think is: "Maybe the phone isn't charging properly", but the phone was charging just fine a few minutes ago. It was around 47% when I powered it back on, then it crashed. The phone didn't sustain any hardware damage (since I havent dropped it or hit it recently), and I'm almost certain I kept all the software up to date.

I have no idea what to do, I might consider taking it in to the Verizon store where I got it, but I want to try and resolve this as quickly as possible. (I have tried to open the boot menu as well, in case that was one of your suggestions).

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 18,425
Message 2 of 22

Re: Phone Won't Turn on AT ALL

ok, first thing to try then. Plug it in and let it sit for maybe 20 minutes to half an hour. If it doesn't do anything at that point, going to a verizon store may be your fastest option, other than that you could use the support tab at the top of the screen to get the phone sent in to Moto for repair

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 18,424
Message 3 of 22

@A_Gutierrez wrote:

Hello,

I have a Moto Z Force and the problem I have is that the phone won't turn on. I turned off my phone so I can turbocharge it, went to take a shower, came back and turned on the phone. Phone was booting on, I saw it going through all of the motions of turning on, then it crashed and isn't showing a single sign of life.

I've tried hard resetting, trying a "battery pull", I've held the power button for long lengths of time, and nothing seems to help. The phone makes no vibrations of any sort, I put the phone to charge but the screen won't turn on signaling that the phone is even charging.

One thing you guys might think is: "Maybe the phone isn't charging properly", but the phone was charging just fine a few minutes ago. It was around 47% when I powered it back on, then it crashed. The phone didn't sustain any hardware damage (since I havent dropped it or hit it recently), and I'm almost certain I kept all the software up to date.

I have no idea what to do, I might consider taking it in to the Verizon store where I got it, but I want to try and resolve this as quickly as possible. (I have tried to open the boot menu as well, in case that was one of your suggestions).

Sounds like you've done everything you can. When you plug it in do you see a LED turn on? If so, then leave it on the charger. If not then either visiting Verizon or contacting us for repair are your only options.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
A_Gutierrez
Blue Screen Again
Views: 18,391
Message 4 of 22

The LED won't turn on, so I guess it is just dead. I will take my phone into Verizon tomorrow and hopefully it is marked as defective or something so I can get a new phone. It is unheard of (for me at least) of a phone just dying like that without sustaining any hard falls. Thank you so much for the reply!

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 18,381
Message 5 of 22

@A_Gutierrez wrote:

The LED won't turn on, so I guess it is just dead. I will take my phone into Verizon tomorrow and hopefully it is marked as defective or something so I can get a new phone. It is unheard of (for me at least) of a phone just dying like that without sustaining any hard falls. Thank you so much for the reply!

A couple other things to try --  I've had success this way in the past.

• Plug in the phone and hold down the power key and volume-down button at the same time. Hold it for a long time, like 20 or 30 seconds. Try that multiple times, giving the phone a chance to charge in the event it's dead when you start this process.
  • Plug the phone into your PC via USB and do the same. Someitmes the PC will "talk" to an unresponsive phone and wake it up.

Sorry you are having to deal with this.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
TexDex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,025
Message 6 of 22

Moto Z Force shut off, won't start at all

My Moto Z Force XT1650 shut off this morning, and won't restart at all.

Holding down the power button has no effect.  Volume down + power has no effect.

When I plug it in to the computer it isn't recognized.

I took the SIM card out and plugged it into the moto charger and it will flash the blue "Moto" screen for a second or two every 5 seconds or so.

Is there any help for this phone?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,991
Message 7 of 22

Re: Moto Z Force shut off, won't start at all

@TexDex wrote:

Holding down the power button has no effect.  Volume down + power has no effect.

I took the SIM card out and plugged it into the moto charger and it will flash the blue "Moto" screen for a second or two every 5 seconds or so.

Hi TexDex,

Thanks for posting sorry to hear about this can you please follow the mentioned steps here and let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

TexDex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,970
Message 8 of 22

I don't see any steps or link to follow.
TexDex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,938
Message 9 of 22

@Agent_Kaka wrote:

@TexDex wrote:

Hi TexDex,

Thanks for posting sorry to hear about this can you please follow the mentioned steps here and let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

@Agent_Kaka,

What steps are you referring to?

TexDex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,894
Message 10 of 22

This is typical of the lack of support I've received from Motorola.  One cryptic payp to "follow procedures listed here" that didn't have any procedures listed.

Then put on ignore.

I make another post, which is promptly referred to this one and closed, and I'm still being ignored.

I will change all my phones to another brand and will never buy another Motorola/Lenovo product.

Top Kudoed Authors