Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Parpardshar
Paper Tape
Views: 278
Message 1 of 3

Phone becomes unresponsive while incoming call rings

When someone calls me while my Moto Z2 force is locked, the phone rings but shows black screen. It remains unresponsive until the ringing ends and call gets disconnected. Can be silenced only by pressing the volume button.After the call is disconnected by itself, the phone becomes normal. Tried removing all locks, restarts, factory resets but problem persists. This problem appears after Oreo update.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 244
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone becomes unresponsive while incoming call rings

Hi Parpardshar,

Sorry, you are having issues with your device. This is strange—may I know when did you update your device to Oreo? Did you notice right after the update? What happens when you press the 'Power button' while you are getting an incoming call? Does it wake up at least?

It could also be possible that the sensors are covered, may I know if you are using any case or cover/screen protector on your device? If yes, please remove the same and let us know if that makes any difference?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Thenepkp
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone becomes unresponsive while incoming call rings

This problem is more common than Motorola let's on. Try plugging in a pair of headphones and see if the screen stays on when you get a call. I don't know what causes it, but it is a workaround.
Top Kudoed Authors