Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

11-12-2020

Antarctica

20 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 4

Power on from the android system WITHOUT button?!?

2020-11-12, 18:06 PM
Hey all, Does ANYONE know if there is a way to initiate a restart/power on from the android system, without using the button..?!? I have a Moto Z Force first gen running Andr. 8.0, which recently I had a new battery put in. It was fine for a couple weeks, but then all three of my buttons went dead. I think the guy might have had to unplug the buttons and it was OK until I dropped it (just lightly...!) Anyway, its not a big deal, I can adjust sound from the cont. panel, and thank god I have my battery life back. But I am freaked out that if I shut it down I wont have any way to restart! It'll be a brick! Any ideas would be helpful. thanks, Moto Z Force (XT 1650-2)
Options

3724 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56635 Page Views

• Views: 56635
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Power on from the android system WITHOUT button?!?

2020-11-13, 17:59 PM

Hi Mr.T,

Thanks for writing to us. If the phone does is not yet powered on, I think its not possible to turn it on without the Power button. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

11-12-2020

Antarctica

20 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-11-13, 19:00 PM
Hi Zeke, Thanks so much for your reply; No, the phone is on, and I can relatively easily maintain it on, as its been a great phone and never crashes. With the new battery, it is entirely possible to keep it charged. While I have your helpful attention, Can you think of any reason why the buttons would all stop working? A system glitch of some sort? Also, my question was really if there was a way to initiate a restart somehow from settings, since the phone is on and working fine... Thanks again for your input. C
Options

3724 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56635 Page Views

• Views: 56635
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-11-17, 19:32 PM

Hi Mr.T,

If the buttons stopped working on a phone, this is most likely hardware problem. In case this happens we suggest having the device sent to a service center for repair. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms