Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

51 Posts

09-27-2016

United States of America

94 Signins

571 Page Views

• Views: 571
  • Message 151 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-10-16, 21:07 PM

Haha, yeah I've had the same quiet notification problems as everybody else. I have a few posts on this thread and I know it gets the most traffic. So I thought I would just squeeze this 4G problem in here because I knew more people would see it. 

Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

United States of America

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 152 of 986

2016-10-19, 23:00 PM

wrote:

On another note... I'm going to go out on a huge limb here and say that moto /Lenovo is never going to officially acknowledge this issue with us. Which means we're stuck waiting on an elusive update that may or may not have a fix in it... 

Awesome! Pixel XL is looking better by the day, mods are awesome on the z, but they will only hold people so long before frustration and lack of respect from this company out weigh them. 

Mike 

I'd say it would be safe to assume that. They have a person that they hired for communicating with the community. Actually I'd say they have quite a few since they have official forums, and we're not getting any communication back on the subject that may have the most posts about in the forums. So, it pretty much looks like they're straight ignoring us.

I know it's going to go down pretty bad when the next updates drop and this is still an issue. I do know after reading around they're not doing monthly updates. Motorola said that's beyond them and updates may be out every other month, or every 3 months. It's also apparently confirmed that the Moto Z, and another family, will be getting the Android 7 update. Hopefully, that alone will fix issues.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Options

51 Posts

09-27-2016

United States of America

94 Signins

571 Page Views

• Message 153 of 986

2016-10-19, 23:13 PM

Moral of the story... I think we're all S.O.L !!!

Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

United States of America

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 154 of 986

2016-10-20, 7:42 AM

wrote:

Moral of the story... I think we're all S.O.L !!!

Seems about right, until they clarify this. I need to go around more in these forums, and see if they even had an update lined up for this month, or if it's even in Verizon's hands for "testing". The could at least relay that information to us... Video game companies do that even and is pretty sad when we're talking about issues on a $500+ device, opposed to a $60 game...

I also know the Z Play, since I have one, latest update was released September 1st from what my phone tells me. I hope it gets fixed soon. I'm sick and tired of the work around already, since it also defaults to controlling call volume even when you're not making phone calls.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Options

3 Posts

10-21-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 155 of 986

2016-10-21, 4:15 AM

I have been lurking on this thread since the first security update hoping Moto or Lenovo would learn what customer service means. That has not, and probably will not happen. That being said, I made this account just to describe my awful experience trying to resolve this issue. I called Motorola support today to try and get a warranty exchange on my device. I did all the necessary troubleshooting steps, installed the sketchy apps required to get into my device, everything. Their service reps are a complete joke. I told all three on my call today that I am a store manager for TCC(a Verizon retailer) and that I wanted to check to see if this was a known issue, among others, or if it was a part of the security update as Verizon told me BEFORE I wasted my time with a factory reset. They assured me that I wouldn't be, so I did. After that didn't do anything to help my problem, they sent me to tier 2 support. They asked me if I wanted to do a repair and replace, which meant sending my one and only phone out for 5 days, which is unacceptable in my line of work, or they would send me a replacement device. Obviously, I chose the replacement. Here's the kicker though: AFTER I gave all my information, the rep informed me that I had to pay $24.99 for shipping and they would be placing a $250 hold on my debit card. What kind of backwards, ridiculous warranty involves the customer paying even a dime to claim???? I am BEYOND pissed at this point, and honestly if this issue isn't resolved in the coming weeks, I will no longer be taking customers into the Moto phones as a better alternative to Samsung and Apple, rather explaining in detail the horror show I've experienced today. There are SIXTEEN pages to this thread and only ONE response from an admin. This is a disgrace. 

Options

3 Posts

10-21-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

49 Page Views

• Message 156 of 986

2016-10-21, 4:22 AM

Actually the best part about all of this is that they expected me to pay that ludicrous amount of money to send me a phone they KNEW would have the same issue. Instead of telling me to wait on a solution, they planned on CONNING me out of $275. I'll give it one more month before I send every moto z phone in my store back as DOA before one of my customers has these same problems and it becomes MY issue to deal with. GET IT TOGETHER AND GIVE US AN ANSWER 

Options

51 Posts

09-27-2016

United States of America

94 Signins

571 Page Views

• Message 157 of 986

2016-10-21, 10:36 AM

Yes I seriously wonder if these people even work for Motorola. The customer service is so terribly bad it borders on ridiculous. And I can't believe they're still acting like it's "not a known issue." But I guess you're right, that is a very easy way to get you to give them money for a new phone (that's going to do the exact same thing.) I had such high hopes for my Moto Z-Force but after this experience, not only will I never buy another Motorola phone, I will never buy another Verizon specific phone either! Very bad situation we're all stuck with.

Options

22 Posts

10-09-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

117 Signins

478 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 478
  • Message 158 of 986

2016-10-21, 13:40 PM

Looks like the lenovo pro 3 tab all over again, they crucified that tablet with a software update that rendered the thing useless, then refused to except responsibility or rectify it..

Options

140 Posts

06-04-2010

United States of America

177 Signins

1769 Page Views

• Views: 1769
  • Message 159 of 986

2016-10-21, 15:53 PM

I'm not backing Moto/Lenovo on how poorly they are dealing with this issue, but no one is CONNING you out of $275. It's SOP for every electronics company to put a hold on a credit/debit card if they are sending you a replacement device BEFORE they receive the defective one back from you.  What's to prevent someone from getting the replacement and then never sending the old one back if they don't do that?  The key word is HOLD.  They don't charge the account unless you don't send the defective phone back. Sure, it costs $25. Does it suck?  Should they refund the $25? Yes, but they really do have to protect themselves from dishonest people.  Otherwise, some would claim that their perfectly functioning phone is defective and get the new replacement and never send the other phone back....Free phone!!  

Now, the way Motonova is dealing with the volume problem is HORRIBLE!   Like you said, 16 pages of comments and nothing official from them that they are taking responsibility  for it and a fix is coming.  Even if they don't have a fix yet, it would go a long way to calm people if they knew that they were actually working on it.   Come on Moto, stand up like a big boy and take responsibility for this and get it fixed.  At the very least, communicate with your customers.  I'm a busniess owner and I would NEVER deal with my customers in this way.  

Options

3 Posts

10-21-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

49 Page Views

• Message 160 of 986

2016-10-21, 16:23 PM

Perhaps conning isn't the right word, but I have never been required to place a hold for a warranty exchange. Samsung  Note 3 camera failure? Here's a new one, send us the old, no charge. Apple iPhone 6 plus battery not charging past 1%? Lets try to fix it. We couldn't, here's a new one, free of charge, but we're keeping the old. It's ridiculous that even Apple of all companies treated me better than Motorola. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms