Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

09-15-2016

United States of America

60 Signins

476 Page Views

• Views: 476
  • Message 271 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-11-29, 21:22 PM

Hello all, 

The "fix all" app is buggy with nougat. It crashes a lot with me. 

I read in Google Play Store other Z owners said it did not work on their phone. 

“Never allow a person to tell you ‘no’ who doesn’t have the power to say ‘yes.’”
Eleanor Roosevelt
Options

12 Posts

09-22-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

114 Signins

659 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 659
  • Message 272 of 986

2016-11-29, 21:41 PM

Hi, the "fix" which was in the device help app, killed my bluetooth, and also killed my phones ability to  answer phone calls (all repeatable and demonstratable)... so, as a fix, was pretty useless.

I've trawled through a lot of the threads on this forum, and the mods seem keen to chuck in their 2 pence worth... except on this thread... the biggest and longest thread of all... with (I think) one non-committal comment in the whole 27 pages and counting.

So, no one is recognising this problem, and I sincerely doubt that anyone is listening to this thread (sadly).

***** I DO NOT think this will ever be reolved by Moto...has gone on too long*******

Bit of a shame, because I do like this phone. Form factor is very slim and cool. Screen is beautiful and bright. Camera is pretty good, and battery life (for me) is more than acceptable. Build quality is second to none.

If they could fix this phone I think I would keep it. As it is, I'm going to wait for my 128GB OP3T (sold my OP3) to arrive in a week and decide on the future of my Moto.

Very sad, and as Hilton1964 said...The End

Options

11 Posts

10-24-2016

United States of America

55 Signins

373 Page Views

• Views: 373
  • Message 273 of 986

2016-11-30, 13:50 PM

Unbelievable.

I do not understand why we waste our time coming to this Forum.

The outright arrogance of Lenovo being displayed to us on here pointing out this issue.

It is not a FEATURE, other phones use only one speaker for both functions.

The FIX isn't a fix, it was never anything recomended by Lenovo to solve the problem.

And this post along with all the others WILL be ignored by LENOVO.

And I am sure that other issues on this and other phones, are being treated in the same manner.

THIS IS LENOVO.  Enjoy.

Options

4 Posts

11-30-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

225 Page Views

• Views: 225
  • Message 274 of 986

2016-11-30, 20:19 PM

I didn't write it, but there is an app that helps with this problem for me.  it does howver, need to keep an active notification.  I can live with it.

Seems to be free, seems to work, just click the "new normalization method" the settings of the sliders don't seem to make any difference at all.

You'll also need to grant it notifcation access to detect when a notification comes in.  Works great for the ringtone, pretty good for notifications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shumoapp.disableincreasingring

Options

140 Posts

06-04-2010

United States of America

177 Signins

1769 Page Views

• Views: 1769
  • Message 275 of 986

2016-11-30, 20:56 PM

I was just going to post about that app today.  You beat me to it. I've been using that app for a couple of days now and it seems to work fine. The notification ringtone is nice and loud now.  I haven't noticed any detrimental effects on any other function of the phone so far.   Just a heads up though...it is free for the first 10 days (I think) trial period, then it requires payment. I don't know how much it is, but if it works well, it might be worth it to me. 

Is anyone else using it and if so, have you noticed any problems with it?

Options

17 Posts

09-15-2016

United States of America

60 Signins

476 Page Views

• Message 276 of 986

2016-11-30, 20:59 PM

Yes me. 

I posted earlier that is crashes with Nougat. 

“Never allow a person to tell you ‘no’ who doesn’t have the power to say ‘yes.’”
Eleanor Roosevelt
Options

140 Posts

06-04-2010

United States of America

177 Signins

1769 Page Views

• Views: 1769
  • Message 277 of 986

2016-11-30, 21:03 PM

I must have missed that.  First time for everything.:smileywink:

I haven't had it crash yet, but it's only been a couple of days.  Are you still using it and just restarting the app or did you uninstall?  It really sucks that we have to use a third party app, and a paid one at that, to fix a problem that wan't there before the update.

Options

17 Posts

09-15-2016

United States of America

60 Signins

476 Page Views

• Message 278 of 986

2016-11-30, 21:22 PM

Just restarting for now. 

Eleanor Roosevelt
Options

1 Posts

12-01-2016

Canada

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 279 of 986

2016-12-01, 7:14 AM

So is there any hope that Lenovo will fix this weak notification sound bug ?

I sure hope I had known about this before buying it. Live and learn I guess. I love the phone but if they don't fix it then my next phone won't be a Moto. I mean come on guys, this is a pretty stupid bug that's easy to fix.

So next time I buy a phone I will have to add this to the check list of stupid obscure things no one thinks about when buying a phone. Jeez...

What's next in the stupid department ? Weak vibration to avoid vibrated-to-death lawsuits ?

How about a start-up screen that is black instead of that blinding supernova bright white screen. I swear the International Space Station folks can spot my phone when I boot it up. Can I sue you for retina destruction ?

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 676
  • Message 280 of 986

2016-12-01, 13:03 PM

I ordered a Moto Z Play a week ago, should be getting it tomorrow hopefully. I can't believe how Lenovo are handling (or should that be NOT handling) this situation. Obviously they should have fixed this months ago, but it now seems that they may never do so.

So, with that in mind, I can't believe that there's no way for us to get around this problem. This is Android! Anything is supposed to be possible, right? For instance, wouldn't it be possible to use Tasker or Macrodroid etc. to do something when a notification is received? For example, couldn't it be set up to play a piece of music thats stored on the phone when a notification is received? That music would be played at full volume, as the problem is with notification volume, not the volume when playing media. Surely that, or something similar, would solve the problem? Shouldn't have to do it of course, but it looks like Lenovo aren't interested in helping their customers.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms