Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

12-04-2016

United States of America

6 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 301 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-12-04, 3:46 AM

How many months has this been going on? And nothing from Lennovo/ Moto. Nada. Zilch. Thanks for the support you a-holes! Last time I buy a $700 phone from you. If I can't hear notifications, then the point of having it is moot. I do the work around of Device help, test speaker and it works for a few minutes then reverts back to  quiet mode. Tired of it.

I'm not spending a penny on your mods if the phone is worthless to me. So, Lenovo, blow it out your a**.

There. I feel better. And no, I don't expect help or as much as a comment from them. 

Options

87 Posts

09-05-2016

United States of America

329 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Views: 1067
  • Message 302 of 986

2016-12-04, 3:55 AM

OK... Odd thing happened today. I have an app called music player, that sounds generic but that's it's name. Anyway, I have been listening to music through my Bluetooth headset while doing some painting around the house today. Here's the thing, I have received texts, and emails throughout the day while listening to music, and they have been loud!!! Not overly loud through the headset but FROM THE PHONE!!! So I turned off the music and they went back to being quiet.... Turned the music on again and they are loud again, so I paused the music and left the app on and my notifications are rockin loud like they should be. Maybe a fluke but I have cycled through this a few times and it is consistent! 

Try it out and see if it works for you. If it does this could be a work around with no other issues other than leaving an music app run while paused.... 

Options

29 Posts

12-04-2016

United States of America

57 Signins

463 Page Views

• Views: 463
  • Message 303 of 986

2016-12-04, 4:04 AM

Yes I am quite blown away by the fact that 3 months can go by without resolution on such a huge issue. I called Lenovo with a Verizon rep on the line and of course got someone who wasn't in America who could barely speak English. They are clueless about anything in their company let alone how to solve a problem. 

Fortunately we got our Moto Z for $120 and no contract at Best Buy a week ago. And it came with the speaker and battery pack mods for free. For now I am having my wife keep the speaker mod on her phone while she is in situations where she needs to hear the notifications absolutely. But then she can't use her OtterBox. 

So yes, the situation is entirely unacceptable. Must be why they were practically giving this phone away at Best Buy. I would be super pissed if I were one of you who actually are paying full price. This phone would be really good without these sound issues and other minor changes. I love my Droid Turbo 2. 

Options

8 Posts

12-01-2016

United States of America

46 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 304 of 986

2016-12-04, 4:26 AM

So with 30 pages of complaints on here and no response or reassurance from Lenovo that this problem / complaint is being heard, has anyone made an attempt to contact the company outside of this forum? Or is it pointless since this volume reduction change apparently has been done on purpose to avoid lawsuits or some crap. I hope all of us on here have also posted reviews about this issue on the Verizon site. I too will never purchase a mod for this phone until this complaint is at least acknowledged.

Options

81 Posts

12-01-2016

United States of America

160 Signins

942 Page Views

• Views: 942
  • Message 305 of 986

2016-12-04, 5:19 AM

I chatted with a Motorola rep. She said that is just the way the phone is. Basically told me to fvck off. I suggested they bring back the notification volume control. Eazy fix. Will see if they listen 

Options

8 Posts

12-01-2016

United States of America

46 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 306 of 986

2016-12-04, 5:49 AM

Not sure if this is the number you called but the more owners that call, the better chance this might be addressed. The squeaky wheel get the most oil....

For Mobile Phones and Moto360 smartwatch:
Call: 1-800-734-5870
Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. CT
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. CT

Options

81 Posts

12-01-2016

United States of America

160 Signins

942 Page Views

• Views: 942
  • Message 307 of 986

2016-12-04, 6:35 AM
I did a live chat with tech support
Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 676
  • Message 308 of 986

2016-12-04, 10:20 AM

Where did this thing about it being a deliberate feature to avoid lawsuits come from? I've seen this suggested in a couple of places online, but as far as I can see this is just pure conjecture. Lenovo haven't commented to say that this is the case have they? It doesn't make sense to me. If the low volume is deliberate to avoid lawsuits why wasn't it there from the start when the phone was released? It only happened after an update. I think it's unlikely that they went through the whole process of designing, manufacturing and releasing the phone, and then suddenly realised "oh crap, we could get sued with this speaker/earpiece combo, we had better make an update to cut the volume". Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there other phones that use the same setup and don't have stupidly low volume? If potentially being sued was a real issue wouldn't all these other phones have low volume too? Or better still, wouldn't manufacturers just not use the speaker/earpiece combo at all if it's such a potentially troublesome and dangerous setup? Doesn't make sense at all to me that the low volume is to prevent lawsuits. 

Options

88 Posts

05-24-2014

Ukraine

121 Signins

1113 Page Views

• Views: 1113
  • Message 309 of 986

2016-12-04, 10:32 AM

The thought about lawsuits is a total nonsense.

There are dozens of phones, including the ones from Motorola, that use the same loudspeaker for ringtones and voice.

It is a bug. The voice during phone call is reproduced with escalating volume at the beginning too, when you use a loudspeaker mode, so you can't hear several couple of words.

There is no logical excuse for such behavior.

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 676
  • Message 310 of 986

2016-12-04, 10:38 AM

At last! I thought it was just me that thought the theory about lawsuits wasn't a very probable idea.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms