Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

55 Posts

10-09-2016

United States of America

87 Signins

440 Page Views

• Views: 440
  • Message 401 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-12-05, 19:21 PM

I can understand escalating ring tones, but why do the notifications have to also be escalating? Notifications are like a 1 second beep or bop. 

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 676
  • Message 402 of 986

2016-12-05, 19:49 PM

If youre to believe the theory that this is all to protect people's hearing from potentially being harmed because of the earpiece/speaker combo then it would make sense that the notifications would be low volume also. If you've got the phone up to your ear talking to someone and you get a notification, that notification will be played straight into your ear and if it's loud it could potentially harm your hearing even if it's only a short sound. As I've already stated, I don't think that this lawsuit stuff is the reason for the low volume anyway.

Options

55 Posts

10-09-2016

United States of America

87 Signins

440 Page Views

• Message 403 of 986

2016-12-05, 19:59 PM

So what we need is some smart developer to tell us what happened in what system file, between July's and August's security patch, when all this happened. I'd be willing to help. I'm still on July with no problem, if I could somehow export the necessary information that's needed. No updates for me until a good solution is found! Guess I'll be sticking with Marshmallow for a while... Not that Nougat is all that much better anyway. 

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Message 404 of 986

2016-12-05, 20:09 PM

That's another thing that doesn't make sense about this lawsuit prevention feature theory. If Lenovo wanted to solve this "problem" why wouldn't they have sent an update to make the low volume the default setting, BUT add an option in the Sound and Notification menu that give users the choice to turn it off? When turned off, a warning could show on screen stating that turning this feature off could potentially lead to your hearing being damaged and that no liability shall be borne by Lenovo if hearing damage occurred with this setting turned off. This would not cause a problem for anyone and everybody would be happy. Why would they take the strange decision to make the notification volume low no matter what, which quite obviously would piss everyone off? Doesn't make sense.

Options

55 Posts

10-09-2016

United States of America

87 Signins

440 Page Views

• Message 405 of 986

2016-12-05, 20:14 PM

The last we heard from Matt was something along the lines of "many factors go into these decisions" but haven't heard anything new since. Matt, have you heard anything else from Motorola? 

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Message 406 of 986

2016-12-05, 20:40 PM

I'm sure many factors do go into these decisions, but when it's a fact that ultimately their customers are majorly upset with the decision, and it's a fact that there are other ways of achieving the same result that won't annoy their customers, why not just admit they got it wrong and change it, rather than act like there's nothing they can do, which will piss off their customers even further. Take, for instance, LG's decision to get rid of the app drawer when they released the G5. Many customers were unhappy with this, so within a few months LG had reversed their decision and gave people their app drawer back with an update. Simple, logical, and the best thing for everyone. What's the problem with Lenovo doing that, now that they can see that thier customers are in uproar - if this indeed was a conscious decision to lower the notification volume? This is a decision that could easily be reversed, so Matt talking about many factors and crap is just an attempt to deflect from the real fact that if they wanted to change it, they could.

Options

51 Posts

09-27-2016

United States of America

94 Signins

571 Page Views

• Views: 571
  • Message 407 of 986

2016-12-05, 21:19 PM

And I'm still having major sound issues with the "in call" volume, the speaker is so staticy it almost sounds blown. But I know it's not because it sounds fine when playing back music or anything else. It's only a problem while talking on the phone. This has only been since the Android nougat update. The quiet notification issue is very annoying but I would take that any day over this problem. It's so annoying I don't even want to have conversations on the phone anymore.

Options

8 Posts

12-01-2016

United States of America

46 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 408 of 986

2016-12-05, 21:28 PM

I hope I'm not double posting this here....but I responded to a thread about the Moto Z Play having the same sound issues earlier last week and Motorola responded....

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Play/Apps-notification-sound-is-very-low/m-p/3500294#M784

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Message 409 of 986

2016-12-05, 21:56 PM

Oh great, so "moto_joy's" solution is to send people to this thread where people have been ignored by Lenovo for months regarding the same issue. Nice, thanks, that's so helpful... At least it confirms that people at Lenovo are aware of this massive discussion, but that just makes it all the more galling that they're doing and saying nothing useful to help people. She seemed rather perturbed by the fact that another thread had been created about this. What do you say everybody? Shall WE ALL individually create a new thread about it so that there are hundreds of them, to piss them off and bring their attention to the fact that we are utterly disgusted and pissed off by their attitude and inaction on this matter? Seems like doing something silly like that is the only way people will be able to get it through to them that they all feel completely f*cked over by them.

Options

2016-12-05, 22:20 PM

Here's the one that I posted when this was only 22 pages long.  It met a similar demise.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/This-is-beyond-ridiculous/td-p/3480303

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms