Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

11-29-2016

United States of America

32 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 431 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-12-06, 7:06 AM

On a different note I still feel that Motorola knows about the issue and is ignoring it because they're doing it on purpose and added this feature to cover their butts because of a poor design decision/flaw.  Just because other phones have also used the same single speaker feature does not mean that it's not a potential legal issue for Motorola now. How many millions of hot cups of coffee do you think McDonald's sold before they got sued for $1000000 for selling coffee that was too hot without a warning? Also to respond to having a user warning built in to the low notification volume as an overide feature.  This type of warning still leaves people other than the owner of the phone at risk of the same potential hearing loss/injury. People let others borrow their phones all the time. Not to mention my previous example of parents giving their young children their cell phone to appease them. I can agree with what seems like the majority opinion. I would rather have an option to ignore the warning and enjoy my phone the way it was originally intended. I also feel that it's kind of BS that I don't have that option.  Of course I have no proof that my theory is correct but it's not as far-fetched as some would like to make it sound.

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 676
  • Message 432 of 986

2016-12-06, 10:45 AM

I get what youre saying and agree with some of the things you have pointed out there. However, I didn't say that it's not a problem for Motorola because other manufacturers use the same system. What I said was that if using that system is such an issue that being sued is a distinct possibility, it's a problem for everybody that uses that setup and every other manufacturer that uses it would have done the same as Lenovo and made their notifications stupidly low - but they haven't. To follow on from your McDonald's analogy - Yes, McDonald's did sell millions of hot drinks before someone got injured and sued them, but once every business that sells hot drinks realised that they would possibly be sued like McDonald's were, they ALL put warnings on their drinks to protect themselves from being sued. So, if any company that uses the speaker/earpiece combo would potentially be sued for hearing damage they would ALL drop their notification volumes. So my point was that they haven't. To me, it's very strange that only Lenovo would be bothered about protecting itself from law suits, if we are to believe that's the reason for all of this. We will probably never know, but I just think that there's too many things that don't make sense about the suggestion that the low notification volume is because of potential law suits.

Options

54 Posts

03-23-2015

Brazil

159 Signins

1785 Page Views

• Views: 1785
  • Message 433 of 986

2016-12-06, 12:54 PM

This morning i've sent a e-mail to Mr. Aymar de Lencquesaing, CEO at Motorola Mobility, reporting issues on Moto Z and asking him to read this forum. Let's see if takes some effect. 

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Message 434 of 986

2016-12-06, 13:26 PM

Well it's worth a try, we've got nothing to lose. But I wouldn't hold your breath!

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Message 435 of 986

2016-12-06, 13:38 PM

wrote:

I found a solution (work around) that works for me. 

It's become clear to me and many others that this issue will not be fixed anytime soon if at all. So I took some advice from one of the other contributors to this forum and got MacroDroid from the app store. It was free and worked for me. I spent a bit of time finding and testing the best macro settings for my wants.  I attached a screen shot of my macro settings to this comment.  I hope this helps others. I just worked it out tonight and haven't given it time for any real world testing. But with my in limited testing it played the notification sound at full volume via Google Play Music without opening the full app.  The only negative is that the file that is being played is shown on the screen but is easy dismissed by touching anywhere else on the screen.  I hope this is helpful.  Good luck to all of us Moto Z suckers. 

Yeah, it was me that suggested that. I've setup macro droid to play an mp3 sample that only lasts for less than two seconds that I've got stored on my phone, every time I receive a notification. This gets played at full volume and can be heard easily (in fact it's annoyingly loud!), and doesn't bring anything up on the screen. Maybe you could try that instead of routing it through Google Play, which is probably what is causing the thing to pop up on your screen.

This all works as a way to circumvent the problem, but it's still in no way acceptable that we have to resort to doing this rather than Lenovo sorting it's own sh*t out. The most annoying thing now about this whole thing is how they are showing a complete disregard for their customers and are treating them like fools. That's something that winds me up no end, whoever the company is.

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Message 436 of 986

2016-12-06, 13:42 PM

wrote:

wrote:

If youre on the July patch you won't have the problem. What I don't understand is why your phone is telling you youre on the latest version when youre not.

The GSM unlocked models are on a different path than the Droids. 

I have an unlocked Moto Z Play and I have the latest update available to install. I am, however, in England which maybe makes a difference. 

Options

29 Posts

12-04-2016

United States of America

57 Signins

463 Page Views

• Views: 463
  • Message 437 of 986

2016-12-06, 14:02 PM

Thanks Jon and Nickname. The MacroDroid thing is workable for us for now.  We had resorted to keeping the JBL stereo attached to the phone so we could hear it, but this is better and now we can keep the phone in the Otterbox instead of worrying about dropping it while it had the stereo on it.

I haven't played around with it a whole lot, but I wonder if you can set custom text tones for individuals through that same setup?

Options

1 Posts

12-06-2016

United States of America

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 438 of 986

2016-12-06, 14:47 PM

I have been following this thread for quite some time.

Yesterday, myself and peer solved the problem as stated on page 26.

The 'Megasound' Android Application SOLVES ALL PROBLEMS and works VERY VERY WELL!  And it is very simple too.

Options

4 Posts

11-30-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

225 Page Views

• Views: 225
  • Message 439 of 986

2016-12-06, 15:51 PM

fixes the problem quite well yes, but introduces some other issues.  

when on silent, i still get the trailing 1/2 second of a sound. . .like it turned up the volume even when on vibrate. . . it's not a good thing when i got 3 emails at a wedding this weekend.

also, for apps that have multiple sounds (like "sell on etsy") it overrides those different sounds and plays one default. . . so i don't know WHICH notification is coming in -- a sale or a new favorite

workarounds will always fail at some point, just like an analogy.

Options

1086 Posts

11-15-2011

United States of America

2115 Signins

18943 Page Views

• Views: 18943
  • Message 440 of 986

2016-12-06, 15:55 PM

wrote:

I have been following this thread for quite some time.

Yesterday, myself and peer solved the problem as stated on page 26.

The 'Megasound' Android Application SOLVES ALL PROBLEMS and works VERY VERY WELL!  And it is very simple too.

I am giving the Megasound app a try.  Not sure about the advertising part of it, but we'll see how it goes.  Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms