Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

11-29-2016

United States of America

32 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 441 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-12-06, 15:56 PM

Nickname can you post a screenshot of that macro setting? I can't seem to figure out any other way to get it to work properly. When I use the play/stop file feature it plays at the lower volume. I had to use the open file option to get a full volume sound.

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 676
  • Message 442 of 986

2016-12-06, 16:09 PM

wrote:

Thanks Jon and Nickname. The MacroDroid thing is workable for us for now.  We had resorted to keeping the JBL stereo attached to the phone so we could hear it, but this is better and now we can keep the phone in the Otterbox instead of worrying about dropping it while it had the stereo on it.

I haven't played around with it a whole lot, but I wonder if you can set custom text tones for individuals through that same setup?

Yes, you should be able to do that. Macro droid is a useful app. Like Tasker but free, and simpler to use. Obviously Tasker can do a few more things, but Macro droid is still a powerful app. Anybody that doesn't want to pay for Tasker or isn't confident using it because of its complexity should try Macro droid.

Options

9 Posts

11-29-2016

United States of America

32 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 443 of 986

2016-12-06, 16:14 PM

The point you're missing with the McDonald's analogy is that many people were burned before the lawsuit happen but the cups never came with a warning until after the lawsuit happen. The strong majority opinion of businesses that served coffee was... The customer requests a hot coffee and we serve them hot coffee.  The customer knows the coffee is hot because they ordered hot coffee so what mindless idiot needs a warning label to tell him that it's hot coffee. Nothing changed in that scenario until after the lawsuit was taken seriously and then finally won. For the record I think that that whole scenario is ridiculous and I still don't understand how that lawsuit was even taken seriously, let alone won. But that is the cost of doing business these days in a lawsuit happy world. Anyway you are free to feel how you want about the subject. I understand that you are going to see things your way just as I see them mine. I'm going to let this particular subject go now.  I've said all I need to and don't want to fill this thread up with more nonsense. 

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Message 444 of 986

2016-12-06, 16:23 PM

Well I certainly agree that this obsession with lawsuits for every little thing is getting silly! That's why we find ourselves in this position now of companies acting so cautiously to the point where it pisses people off. Oh well. Common sense seems to go out of the window alot these days

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Message 445 of 986

2016-12-06, 16:28 PM

wrote:

Nickname can you post a screenshot of that macro setting? I can't seem to figure out any other way to get it to work properly. When I use the play/stop file feature it plays at the lower volume. I had to use the open file option to get a full volume sound.

For the "Action" part I selected "play/stop sound" and then "choose file" which then allowed me to browse my phone to find the file that I want it to play. Selected that file and then it was done.

Options

29 Posts

12-04-2016

United States of America

57 Signins

463 Page Views

• Views: 463
  • Message 446 of 986

2016-12-06, 17:12 PM

For some reason when I did the play/stop option, it played the sound 3 times on top of itself so it sounded like a really bad attempt at an echo. I must be doing something wrong.

But that is good to know you can do custom text tones. I will play around with it more tonight. I appreciate your assistance and everyone's input here.

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Message 447 of 986

2016-12-06, 17:42 PM

wrote:

For some reason when I did the play/stop option, it played the sound 3 times on top of itself so it sounded like a really bad attempt at an echo. I must be doing something wrong.

But that is good to know you can do custom text tones. I will play around with it more tonight. I appreciate your assistance and everyone's input here.

No problem, glad I could help. Not sure why it's playing the sound three times for you though.

Options

1 Posts

12-06-2016

United States of America

1 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 448 of 986

2016-12-06, 22:20 PM

wrote:

wrote:

No problem, glad I could help. Not sure why it's playing the sound three times for you though.

So, I think I know why the duplicate sounds, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  I also am getting the multiple sounds.  I believe it is because the system is playing a notification sound, and Macrodroid is playing it's notification sound.  The problem is, if I turn the system notification sound off, all I get from Marcidroid is a quiet, dull thud sound that is about a second long.  If I turn the system norification sound on (and pick a different one than the one programmed into Macrodroid), I can clearly hear both fighting each other at the proper volume that we want.

The Macro I used is:

T - Notification Received (Applications: Include: Email, Gmail)

A - Play (Vega)

C - Notification Present (Applications: Include: Email, Gmail)

Any thoughts?

Options

12 Posts

09-22-2016

114 Signins

659 Page Views

• Views: 659
  • Message 449 of 986

2016-12-06, 22:26 PM

Hi, UK version of nugget (yes, I know it's nougat) has started rolling out, and I can confirm that notification volume still an issue  with the UK firmware.

Bummer.

Thought it may have been tweaked for the rollout in Europe...alas no.

Kudos for the nugget update....anti-kudos for the lack of a fix. Double anti-kudos for not even acknowledging that there is a problem. And thrice anti-kudos for the halfass closing of a similar thread to this and pointing them to this one !!!  (yes...this thread has seen loads of positive feedback and comments from moto tech support ....NOT !!!!)

Options

54 Posts

03-23-2015

Brazil

159 Signins

1785 Page Views

• Views: 1785
  • Message 450 of 986

2016-12-06, 22:43 PM

BREAKING NEWS

Hello friends.

I forget to mention that the e-mail that i’ve sent to Mr. Aymar de Lencquesaing was in copy to Mr. Sergio Buniac, CEO at Motorola Mobility Brazil.

So less than a half hour ago, i’ve received a call from someone from Motorola, in order to “answer the message about Moto Z”.

So the official argument is: “this feature was implemented last august for security purposes, in order to avoid some injury with audition if someone is with the phone close to ear and a loud notification rings. Anyway we know that this was not well accepted by customers and MAYBE we will change it.

Engineering is studying some solution for that but until this moment, unfortunately we don’t have any prevision to present a solution”.

Maybe they will fix. Maybe not. Maybe yes. Maybe maybe.

So with this answer, i told him that i’ll give this phone to my dog and will purchase another one. Not Motorola, evidently.

I’ve tried to help you guys. And from now on, the only thing that i can “say” to all you is: Replace your phones, buy another one. Because i think too much difficult that they will change it.

And i trust that nobody has the whole life to wait for a miracle like this.

Regards.

#forcachape

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms