Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

227 Posts

04-26-2012

United States of America

212 Signins

3596 Page Views

• Views: 3596
  • Message 461 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-12-07, 22:21 PM

So the other fix is to use a notifcation tone/alert that is long enough to get past the initial low volume?

Options

3 Posts

12-08-2016

United States of America

5 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 462 of 986

2016-12-08, 4:53 AM

Well, here's another voice for the choir. I just bought the Z Force Droid and not only are my notifications very quiet, so is my ringtone for the first couple of rings, then it's nice and loud. I talked to support today and they were USELESS!!! From what I see, everyone on here knows it's a software problem but Moto will not admit to it. I've a good mind to keep my case open and call every day just to give them grief. I know it's wishful thinking as they don't care about anything but the bottom line. Still, it is an 800 number....

Options

8 Posts

12-01-2016

United States of America

46 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 463 of 986

2016-12-08, 5:18 AM

Like I said before the squeaky wheel gets the most oil. If you have the time.....go for it.

Options

11 Posts

10-24-2016

United States of America

55 Signins

373 Page Views

• Views: 373
  • Message 464 of 986

2016-12-08, 14:55 PM

Well in my opinion then, they should have to allow me to return the 2 phones for a full refund.  They did not have this "FEATURE" which causes problems, when I purchased them.

The phones I have now are not the phones I tested and purchased.  I would have never purchased them if they had displayed the low notifications volume at the time of purchase.

I have never owned a cell phone other than Motorola, NEVER.  But these WILL be my last, I do not care what they come up with next.

I will use this new information and call now to get the ball rolling on requesting a full refund.

Options

11 Posts

10-24-2016

United States of America

55 Signins

373 Page Views

• Views: 373
  • Message 465 of 986

2016-12-08, 15:23 PM

I contacted Motorola Technical Support, here is the conversation.

V: Hi, my name is V. How may I help you?
V: Hello, this is Motorola automatic system, we noticed that you have been away from the chat session for two minutes, our chat representative will stay here for one more minute in order to continue assisting you.
ME: I have a Moto Z Force Droid. The Notification volume for all and any Notification is way too low. It is apparently a KNOWN issue that occurred when the August Security update was applied to the phone. According to information on the Lenovo Forum https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Moto_Z_Force/highlight/false/page/45/thread-id/954
ME: Apparently the phone was intentionally modified to lower the volume to reduce RISK of injury.
V: I am really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Let me see how we can best resolve this.
V: May I know the place of purchase (country) of the device?
ME: The phones are no longer the phones I originally purchased.
ME: US
V: Thank you for providing the information.
V: As I understand that your device notification sound is playing very low after an security update. Am I right?
ME: The escalating ringtone is fine for calls, but the notifications are unacceptable.
ME: Yes.
ME: The phone has been Factory reset with no improvement.
V: Okay. May I know have you checked the issue by increasing the volume of the nitification sounds?
ME: The ringer and notifications are one and the same, and YES it is maxed out.
V: Okay. Is there any physical or liquid damage to device ?
ME: 2 devices. Both acting the same. No Damage to either. I am not the only person with this issue. The link to the forum indicates many users with many replacement phones with this NEW feature added to the phone after purchase.
V: Okay. I am sorry to inform you that Reset is the highest possibility option we provide. I suggest you to send your device for repair.
V: We recommend using our online repair tool:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service

This site will allow provide you with all your repair options, and allow you to check repair status.
ME: The point IS, there is no need in a repair. The software has been modified to have the device function in this manner. It is unacceptable, it is no longer the device I purchased.

V: Okay. I know how frustrating this could be. I can not assure you about what might be the issue is. I will take your feedback and I will inform that to our higher officials. We will try to send a new update very soon.
ME: Thank you.

Options

2016-12-09, 13:02 PM

Good news and bad news. 

Downloaded the updated version of Device Help today.   The good news is that it no longer screws up Bluetooth or the Volume controls on the phone.   The bad news is that it no longer "fixes" the notification volume problem when you run a speaker test.   Thanks Lenovo - you guys are doing a bang up job! 

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 676
  • Message 467 of 986

2016-12-09, 13:14 PM

wrote:

Good news and bad news. 

Downloaded the updated version of Device Help today.   The good news is that it no longer screws up Bluetooth or the Volume controls on the phone.   The bad news is that it no longer "fixes" the notification volume problem when you run a speaker test.   Thanks Lenovo - you guys are doing a bang up job! 

Maybe they purposely did that to prevent people from making the notifications loud again? Or maybe it's just a coincidence that workaround now doesn't work after the new update? Who knows?

Options

22 Posts

10-09-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

117 Signins

478 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 478
  • Message 468 of 986

2016-12-09, 17:29 PM

What a joke of a company,, can't believe they have now scuppered one of the ways we have to hear notifications...never again will I buy any of their products again..bellends.

Options

31 Posts

10-10-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

366 Page Views

• Views: 366
  • Message 469 of 986

2016-12-09, 17:56 PM

They're awful.

wrote:

The lack of even an acknowledgment of the problem is troubling. It appears that moto is modeling verizons customer service business model.... I sincerely hope that is not the case. 

Sorry you have stopped using your phone all together, I have not gotten to that point yet. I hope it doesn't come to that. 

Options

31 Posts

10-10-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

366 Page Views

• Views: 366
  • Message 470 of 986

2016-12-09, 19:25 PM

I had the Moto X Pure and it had this same problem. I could live with it since it had the better speakers. Now I have to have my phone in my pocket at all times.  

Moto Care accident protection wasn't available for the unlocked Moto Z during the time of purchase for people that bought the phone soon after it came out. We still can't purchase it even by calling customer service. All they did was give me a reference number for proof I called within the 30 days of purchase. Of course, cracked my screen a week ago and got stuck with a full repair bill.

I'll never buy a product Lenovo has had anything to do with. I'm constantly posting on forums and even Amazon that people should not buy their products. I recommend other people do the same.If more people talk about it then big tech blogs like Engadget will take notice and then Lenovo will too. Moto Care is advertised on the instruction manual that comes with the phone yet myself and other early adopters can't purchase it. They obviously 47 pages worth of a single thread about a volume issue shows they don't care about their customers.

Get the word out. Keep getting the word out. If their profits start to drop them their shareholders will start wanting to know why our sell all together. Maybe, just maybe, they'll do something or at least we can hit them where it hurts.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms