Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

10-09-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

117 Signins

478 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 478
  • Message 481 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-12-09, 22:37 PM

Do what beavis10 said, that works, and you won't have to pay then.

Options

140 Posts

06-04-2010

United States of America

177 Signins

1769 Page Views

• Views: 1769
  • Message 482 of 986

2016-12-09, 22:44 PM

I don't know anything about the bonus stuff. I'm too lazy to look into it, It works fine for me as it is.  I know it's a paid app after the trial period.  Mine should end any day now.  I don't know how much it is, but it's probably a couple of bucks at the most.  It galls me that I have to throw down a couple of bones for a very expensive phone to work properly, but then again it is only a few bucks.  If I can afford the phone and the monthly service, a couple of buck won't hurt me.

If you find out about the bonus features, let us know.

Options

1086 Posts

11-15-2011

United States of America

2115 Signins

18943 Page Views

• Views: 18943
  • Message 483 of 986

2016-12-09, 22:52 PM

wrote:

I don't know anything about the bonus stuff. I'm too lazy to look into it, It works fine for me as it is.  I know it's a paid app after the trial period.  Mine should end any day now.  I don't know how much it is, but it's probably a couple of bucks at the most.  It galls me that I have to throw down a couple of bones for a very expensive phone to work properly, but then again it is only a few bucks.  If I can afford the phone and the monthly service, a couple of buck won't hurt me.

If you find out about the bonus features, let us know.

I clicked the Bonus link and agreed to follow on Google plus.  When I hear something, which "they" said could take several hours, i will let you know.

...I thought that I read a while ago using the Device help app is only a temporary fix, and that for some who tried, that it messes with some of their bluetooth connections.  I will give the Disable app a try for a while and see what the cost will be, and then make a decision.  Thanks!

Options

140 Posts

06-04-2010

United States of America

177 Signins

1769 Page Views

• Views: 1769
  • Message 484 of 986

2016-12-09, 23:27 PM

That's the problem I had with the Device Help app.  It fixed the low notification volume, but it messed up my bluetooth.  I couldn't play music through bluetooth.  That's a no go for me.  I like my bluetooth music.

Options

3 Posts

12-08-2016

United States of America

5 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 485 of 986

2016-12-10, 4:06 AM

I tried using that app and at first, my notifications were loud. Yay. Then I got a phone call from my niece and it wouldn't play her ringtone, just the default ringtone. I tried it with someone else and got the same response. As soon as I uninstalled the app, all the ringtones started working properly. I swear, it feels like I'm danged if I do and danged if I don't. This is total nonsense! If anyone has gotten this app to work properly and have the phone play custom ringtones, please let me know as I MUST not know what the heck I am doing.

Options

31 Posts

10-10-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

366 Page Views

• Views: 366
  • Message 486 of 986

2016-12-10, 4:48 AM

The thing is, there shouldn't have to be any work arounds. You pay this much for a product then it should work the way it is supposed to. I still do use mine, but I shouldn't have to use some third party app to fix an issue that shouldn't exist in the first place. If people just use work arounds and don't "whine" about the issue then Lenovo has absolutely no motivation to fix the problem. They're not going to fix it out of good will. They're only going to fix it if it starts affecting they're bottom line. So people should "whine". People should steer others away from products that don't work as promised or come from a company that offers poor customer support. So, keep "whining" everyone and keep steering people away from Lenovo until they they fix the problem. If let the problem go then so will they.

wrote:

Don't get me wrong, Lenovo DOES need to fix this, but there are options to get rid of the problem.  I've been using the app Disable Increasing Ring for the past week and the notification ringtone is very loud.  It almost startles me it's so loud.  We need to keep on Moto/Lenovo to fix it, but enough with the whining that the phone is useless.  Just use one of the work arounds. Many have been detailed on this thread.  I'm not defending Lenovo. I'm not a Moto fan boy.  I hate that they screwed it up and I have to use an app to fix a problem that didnt exist before, but the phone is just fine for me with the app running.  I'll be happy if and when they fix it in the software, but I'm sure not going to sweat it too much.  

Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

United States of America

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 487 of 986

2016-12-10, 10:18 AM

wrote:

The thing is, there shouldn't have to be any work arounds. You pay this much for a product then it should work the way it is supposed to. I still do use mine, but I shouldn't have to use some third party app to fix an issue that shouldn't exist in the first place. If people just use work arounds and don't "whine" about the issue then Lenovo has absolutely no motivation to fix the problem. They're not going to fix it out of good will. They're only going to fix it if it starts affecting they're bottom line. So people should "whine". People should steer others away from products that don't work as promised or come from a company that offers poor customer support. So, keep "whining" everyone and keep steering people away from Lenovo until they they fix the problem. If let the problem go then so will they.

wrote:

Don't get me wrong, Lenovo DOES need to fix this, but there are options to get rid of the problem.  I've been using the app Disable Increasing Ring for the past week and the notification ringtone is very loud.  It almost startles me it's so loud.  We need to keep on Moto/Lenovo to fix it, but enough with the whining that the phone is useless.  Just use one of the work arounds. Many have been detailed on this thread.  I'm not defending Lenovo. I'm not a Moto fan boy.  I hate that they screwed it up and I have to use an app to fix a problem that didnt exist before, but the phone is just fine for me with the app running.  I'll be happy if and when they fix it in the software, but I'm sure not going to sweat it too much.  

I couldn't agree more. I've lived with issue so far and had my own work around. I use custom tones, and I had to take them through my sound editor to raise the decibel level on them to make them as loud as I could to avoid too much peaking and audio clipping. I refuse to use third party software to try working around this issue since it's so unnecessary, and may lead to other issues just like the original work around...

Another issue with talking about their bottom dollar being effected, as long as they have people buying them, which I know a lot did with the black Friday sale at Verizon which pisses me off, they also have the mods I know they have to be making a killing off of. It's all proprietary, and requires dev Kits to make your own mod which they showed off at a convention before the release of the phones. Which I'm sure also costs a decent amount.

There doesn't seem to be a way to get their attention at all at this point. There's a boat load of views and pages on these forums alone, and we're not counting other forums too! They technically have your money and don't care. Their customer service reflects this PERFECTLY...

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Options

1086 Posts

11-15-2011

United States of America

2115 Signins

18943 Page Views

• Views: 18943
  • Message 488 of 986

2016-12-10, 20:19 PM

The Bonus item with the Disable Increasing Ringtone app is to have the notification icon displayed in the notification bar at the top of the phone. 

Options

5 Posts

12-15-2010

United States

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 489 of 986

2016-12-11, 2:38 AM
Just another observation for those using the Device Help fix... The fix stops working if you reboot. You have to go through the process again to fix it. Very annoying.

I agree with everyone here saying that Lenovo should just fix this and I'm sure they will. Just not holding my breath for a quick turnaround. This is my 4th Motorola Android phone, and definitely not the first with an annoying bug.
Options

29 Posts

12-04-2016

United States of America

57 Signins

463 Page Views

• Views: 463
  • Message 490 of 986

2016-12-11, 13:29 PM

I just got a Verizon ad promoting Motorola deals on Twitter and replied warning people against it. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms