Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

31 Posts

10-10-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

366 Page Views

• Views: 366
  • Message 621 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-12-30, 6:53 AM
Exchange it!!! Lenovo is a horrible company that has ruined everything that was great about owning a Motorola phone. Just read other threads and see how many people are unhappy for various reasons. The only answers they get are non-answers like, "we're working on it," or "as quickly as possible." Basically, that means it may be possible in a week or it may be possible in six months. Lenovo hopes that people will read that and think, "as quick as possible must mean it will be soon...right?"
Options

2016-12-30, 13:16 PM

I needed something to replace my recalled Note 7, and chose this phone over the S7 Edge because I had a bad taste in my mouth towards Samsung from that whole debacle.   I really wish that I had waited a few more weeks and gotten a Pixel instead.  

Options

51 Posts

09-27-2016

United States of America

94 Signins

571 Page Views

• Views: 571
  • Message 623 of 986

2016-12-30, 15:09 PM

Well I thought the little Verizon security patch/ update fixed the call quality issues yesterday but the staticy sound is back again today. Only on phone calls, everything else is ok. Static, static, static ?

Options

7 Posts

12-19-2016

United States of America

51 Signins

445 Page Views

• Views: 445
  • Message 624 of 986

2016-12-30, 15:09 PM

MY advice, if your Moto Z is like this, with quiet notifications, is to go change it out to another brand. This is an $800 dollar brick as far as I'm concerned. It's just plain BS that you have to put up with this type of quality. I waited to long. So I can't change mine. If I could it would not be a Moto/Lenove product. Maybe while your at it tell everyone you know on FB , Snapchat Twitter and anyone else you can ,about the problem and quality of this phone. I know I'm going to do that.

Options

150 Posts

11-14-2016

United States of America

251 Signins

3652 Page Views

• Views: 3652
  • Message 625 of 986

2016-12-30, 15:21 PM

What other features besides shattershield and bigger battery?

Options

37 Posts

12-19-2016

United States of America

83 Signins

419 Page Views

• Views: 419
  • Message 626 of 986

2016-12-31, 8:33 AM

Hi. I've already exchanged it once last week just to get the same phone. For a while I kept on postponing the Android 7 push. But I then decided to go for it seeing that other update. So, Android 7 installed and then the second update...All within a half hour. And yes you know the  answer. (And shame on me) Problems are there again. I should have left it at Android 6. It's not like I really thought everything would be fine as I knew those updates weren't going to address the issue. I couldn't stand seeing the update screen every time I turned the phone on or connected to WiFi. BAM! An update is available screen.

And now I see people complaining about static on calls....I too have static during every call I make... major static in the ear speaker... during the ringing and in the conversation. I can't stand it any longer. This phone is supposed to be a "FLAGSHIP" of Motorola. Ha, that's funny. I wonder if a class action lawsuit would be in order? Anybody care to join? I've got until January 14 to exchange this P.O.S. at Verizon for a second time. I'd have to pay a $35 restocking fee if I choose a different phone and no charge if I get the force again. SMH! Static on calls! Can't hear notifications! That's pretty pathetic Moto... I think I'll be saying "goodbye Moto" and not "helloooo Moto" early next week. Android 7 (or any update for that matter) should not have been pushed to our phones without proper evaluation to make sure that each and every aspect of the phone worked properly after the installation of 7 or whatever update that's causing these numerous issues.  Obviously it wasn't tested properly, but let's push it anyways. Sorry that I actually expected your product to work properly Moto... Live and learn... Never again!

Options

51 Posts

09-27-2016

United States of America

94 Signins

571 Page Views

• Views: 571
  • Message 627 of 986

2016-12-31, 13:44 PM

Moto Zombified, 

Sorry to hear that you're having the same problems as everybody else but at least I know other people are having the "staticy phone call" issue after Noug. 7 update. I knew I Could Not be the only one. Sound quality is fine on everything else but phone calls are terrible , the static  while the phone is ringing drives me up the wall . Like you said, these updates should be thoroughly tested before they're pushed out to our phones and you would think, logically speaking, one of the very first things they would do is make a phone call and see how everything works and sounds. But I guess they're too busy doing other things like...TAKING OUR MONEY FOR PHONES THAT DON'T WORK RIGHT!!!

Options

55 Posts

10-09-2016

United States of America

87 Signins

440 Page Views

• Views: 440
  • Message 628 of 986

2016-12-31, 15:38 PM

wrote:

Hi. I've already exchanged it once last week just to get the same phone. For a while I kept on postponing the Android 7 push. But I then decided to go for it seeing that other update. So, Android 7 installed and then the second update...All within a half hour. And yes you know the  answer. (And shame on me) Problems are there again. I should have left it at Android 6. It's not like I really thought everything would be fine as I knew those updates weren't going to address the issue. I couldn't stand seeing the update screen every time I turned the phone on or connected to WiFi. BAM! An update is available screen.

Exchange your phone, and see if you get one with the July Security update still. Then, simply go to All Apps, and do a force Stop on Motorola Update Services. BAM! No more Android Update screen popping up. That's what I did, and I'm still on the July Security update, and my notifications are super loud, plus no bugs from Nougat and so fourth. 

Options

37 Posts

12-19-2016

United States of America

83 Signins

419 Page Views

• Views: 419
  • Message 629 of 986

2016-12-31, 16:15 PM

My first exchange last week had the September security update already on it and all was working well. The JBL sound mod was the over the top selling point for me. I love a loud phone. I'm really considering exchanging the Force for the LG V20 and just getting a Soundbot SB571. At least I'll know that everything works as ordered. Thanks for the replies.

Options

69 Posts

12-01-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

143 Signins

676 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 676
  • Message 630 of 986

2016-12-31, 17:55 PM

wrote:

My first exchange last week had the September security update already on it and all was working well. The JBL sound mod was the over the top selling point for me. I love a loud phone. I'm really considering exchanging the Force for the LG V20 and just getting a Soundbot SB571. At least I'll know that everything works as ordered. Thanks for the replies.

You may be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire there buddy. Things may be ok for a while until it bootloops and is then only useful as a paperweight. First the G4, then the G5, then the V10, and now the V20. They've all had reports of bootloop problems (the G4 being the worst hit of course). I personally wouldn't go anywhere near an LG phone with that track record! Be careful.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms