Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

87 Posts

09-05-2016

United States of America

329 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Views: 1067
  • Message 61 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-09-22, 18:26 PM

Well.... On another note, we have received 2 security updates (obviously the first of which was much more than a security update)  in less than a month from Moto, a company who initially wouldn't even commit to doing Google security updates on a regular schedule, if at all... I am hopeful this means that the phones are being prepped for Android N, hopefully soon, and hopefully with these issues resolved. Just trying to be positive, mainly because I love the phone, and frankly I'm tired of being pissed off. 

Still waiting for any acknowledgment from Moto

Mike 

Options

13 Posts

09-18-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 62 of 986

2016-09-22, 19:39 PM
I have sent messages to Motorola global and links to this forum and hopefully someone will help get this resolved. I will never buy another Motorola device!
Options

12 Posts

09-22-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

114 Signins

659 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 659
  • Message 63 of 986

2016-09-22, 21:35 PM

Hi, UK user of Moto Z, running 6th Aug 2016 security patch. Can hear notifications fine using inbuilt 'heaven' notification. Ringtone is a custom one which is quiet for a second then gets louder..... my main gripe is that face book messenger send/receive/read etc  'blip'/'blop' sounds dont work (are actually very very quiet....)... so you don't hear when someone is typing etc.... bit of a disappointment...

Options

12 Posts

07-09-2014

United States

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 64 of 986

2016-09-22, 22:40 PM

wrote:

OK, I used the device help app, went to the fix or repair section. Ran the speaker test... Because of ring tone delay you only vaguely here it until the last second of the test. Answered no to the results question, re ran test, volume loud and clear through out test. Answered yes that I could here it. 

Note that when I did this I had Bluetooth disconnected from headset. 

Backed out of app, notifications are loud again, no ring tone delay! Yippee!!! Not quite, volume button is now defaulted to in call volume, and as soon as you connect to Bluetooth device, problems with sound return. But you are stuck with the default volume control for in call volume until you reboot the phone. 

So, if you want to take the extra steps to control your ringer/notification volume, and you don't use Bluetooth I guess this is a temporary fix for some people. 

Not for me, and today's update was actually just a security patch, it was about 1/4th the size of the update which jacked all our phones up. 

So if this so called "team" is actually reading this, there's some more hints. 

Not very bright ? of moto to not be attacking this problem. And if they actually are working on it,  it's literally idiotic to not convey that to your customer base. Which by the way seems to be dwindling slowly! 

Mike 

This worked for me and has kept working all day even when I've put the phone on/off DND (via the on-screen toggles of course). It's an odd fix and one I would have never thought of but it is a workaround until an official fix is done. 

Options

4283 Posts

12-10-2006

United States

100 Signins

922 Page Views

• Views: 922
  • Message 65 of 986

2016-09-22, 23:38 PM

wrote:

OK, I used the device help app, went to the fix or repair section. Ran the speaker test... Because of ring tone delay you only vaguely here it until the last second of the test. Answered no to the results question, re ran test, volume loud and clear through out test. Answered yes that I could here it. 

confirming this worked for me as well and nice find and i am sure should help towards a solution.

i am almost always connected to my BT headphones, truck or watch so its something i will do in-between for now

Options

87 Posts

09-05-2016

United States of America

329 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Message 66 of 986

2016-09-23, 0:09 AM

Yes, I am on my Bluetooth headset most of the time, so it will be a limited work around fix for myself as well. Should be some good clues though for any techs who are looking into this bug. 

Options

13 Posts

09-18-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 67 of 986

2016-09-23, 21:09 PM
I called Motorola global technical support and talked to three different levels of technical support and the issue has been pushed to the upper level at Motorola and he told me that they are working on the issue and a fix will be pushed out and the would be putting some info about the problem out on social media.
Options

87 Posts

09-05-2016

United States of America

329 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Message 68 of 986

2016-09-23, 21:34 PM

That is awesome news!!! Thanks for the info. And Matt if you had a hand in getting this issue some priority then a big thanks to you too. 

Mike 

Options

1 Posts

09-24-2016

United States of America

2 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 69 of 986

2016-09-24, 16:43 PM

Can someone please continue to update on this issue if any new news is heard from Motorola? Just got my Moto Z Play Droid 3 days ago....LOVED everything about it until I just updated it this morning.... Now I am having the same issues with the low-volume notifications even when volume is at the highest level. It happens with both stock and custom ringtones. I was seriously ready to return the phone for a Samsung even if I had to pay the $35 restocking fee and lose the deal I got on the Moto phone before I found this board. Not being able to hear notifications is a REAL problem. I have 11 days left before my return policy is no longer valid. Hopefully it will be fixed before then. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP MOTOROLA!!! THANK YOU!!! :(

Options

12 Posts

09-22-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

114 Signins

659 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 659
  • Message 70 of 986

2016-09-24, 21:48 PM
Hi, Moto Z UK owner, f/ware MPL24.246-45. Unlocked. Bought from Amazon. Have done a bit of testing and so far, default notifications (SMS) have NO low volume issues. Ringtones, again, have no issues (takes a couple of seconds before becoming loud...but seen this on a couple of phones)..but HAVE noticed that facebook notifications are noticeably much quieter (almost inaudible)...especially the in-app send/receive/someone typing sounds... just seems a bit strange when people can't hear standard notifications when they seem to be OK for me. Phone totally stock. Not rooted. Running nova launcher...only tweak.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms