Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

87 Posts

09-05-2016

United States of America

329 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Views: 1067
  • Message 71 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2016-09-26, 12:00 PM

Glad to hear you are not having all the sound level issues the rest of us are having... 

Your notifications are probably very loud. According to your software build number you haven't received the update which brought about the problems. Current Build number MCLS24.246-36-3. But I will also add that I am not sure about build number for unlocked phones. I would assume they would be the same as locked phones. Check and see if you have any software updates available... If you do you can join in on the fun. As far as the ring tone delay, 2 to 3 seconds is absolutely unacceptable. At least for me it is anyway. This is a great phone, glad to hear you are enjoying it. 

Options

12 Posts

09-22-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

114 Signins

659 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 659
  • Message 72 of 986

2016-09-26, 19:23 PM

mmmmm..... I take my last comments back...

I've done a few tests, and my notifications do indeed get a fair bit quieter.... just noticed when I was changing them about and all of a sudden they got a lot louder (got volume at near max)...lasted a few times, then dropped way back down in volume. My environment is quite quiet, so didn't really twig at first when got phone...but is definately there. In a place with ambient noise, you will struggle to hear notifications. Noticed that this happens totally at random.... Sometimes will be fine. Others quiet. No rhyme nor reason that I can see.

Also noticed this thread has been live for over 3 weeks...with no solution from motorola/lenovo....

Bit disappointed...do love this phone...quite happy with the battery and camera (despite negatives on reviews), but this is a major fail....and lack of support makes it a showstopper..... will maybe give it another week, then will have to return to Amazon as faulty.

Options

87 Posts

09-05-2016

United States of America

329 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Views: 1067
  • Message 73 of 986

2016-09-26, 20:40 PM

Would love to see a post from a moto tech on this subject with some kind of status update, or something. I've seen them post on some other topics .... This one seems to be the biggest topic on the forum and not even a peep. 

I realize it takes time to test and repair software, but it does not take time to update your affected customer base. 

Options

9 Posts

12-12-2013

Brazil

23 Signins

209 Page Views

• Views: 209
  • Message 74 of 986

2016-09-26, 20:47 PM

Really sad to see that Lenovo/Motorola gave no feedback to their clients about this issue. 

Is it so hard to say something? 

A simple attitude could change the view from us as clients for the better or worse. 

Options

13 Posts

09-18-2016

United States of America

40 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 75 of 986

2016-09-26, 21:02 PM

I will personally because of the way Motorola has handled this issue will never buy another Motorola phone, I like the phone and all I want is to get the notification sounds fixed, I have delt with Verizon and have had 3 different phones dealing with this issue and been with Motorola technical support 3 or 4 times and still only have a back door fix through a person with the same issues on this forum, a sad way to do business and take care of customers with a 720.00 device! 

Options

12 Posts

09-22-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

114 Signins

659 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 659
  • Message 76 of 986

2016-09-26, 21:04 PM

Hi,

just tried the fix using the "device help" option and can confirm it works with UK sim-free...so at least that's something... has fixed notifications...and also facebook messenger in-app blips and blops noises are audible again... (missed them)... still can't believe that this isn't fixed yet... xda forum polls have rated the speaker quality as pants.... it's not... it's a software screw up - the speaker is fine if it gets a chance.

Hope someone in charge is reading this, because I love this phone.... Superb screen. Good camera. Ultra thin. Screen is visible in sunlight (my biggest gripe with AMOLEDs). SD card support. No heavy skin (UI is slick). Great fingerprint scanner. USB-C.

Come on Moto/Lenovo..... fix this quick !!!

Options

7 Posts

11-21-2012

USA

33 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 77 of 986

2016-09-26, 21:18 PM

I "fixed" mine using the device help app as well. The only problem is every other app undoes the fix. The most annoying is the fix not working if I leave the house and return. I am guessing it has something to do with my use of SmartLock location feature?
But then again, sometimes the notification sounds revert back to their quiet selves even if I don't leave the house.
I use the device help app so often, it's on my home screen.
The other annoying sound problem I have is the looping non-stock ringtone. It plays for 3 seconds and then waits for a few seconds and starts all over from the beginning, then loops again. It sounds like some one is calling me and hanging up, calling me and hanging up when my phone rings.

I would love for someone else who uses Zedge to try my ringtone on their phone to see if it happens to them as well.   I use the  Downton Abbey ringtone

Options

1 Posts

09-28-2016

United States of America

1 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 78 of 986

2016-09-28, 0:11 AM

Iamtribble, I have Zedge and I attempted to find that ringtone to see if I experience the same issues but it wouldn't come up in a search and the link just brings me to the regular Zedge page. I haven't had that happen with any of the Zedge tones I have been using. Just having the same low sound issue everyone else seems to be having. Going through the Device Help did not fix it for me. It seemed to while I was in the app itself, but, my notifications are still too low.

The problem is definitely in that they have applied an ascending ringtone option to the phones, but, they did so without giving users the option to toggle it on or off. I like the ascending ringtone for when my phone rings, but, I like short notification tones, so they are always quiet. An easy fix would be to just give users the option to turn the ascending effect on or off manually.

Options

7 Posts

11-21-2012

USA

33 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 79 of 986

2016-09-28, 0:21 AM

Thanks Mayhaps for trying.  You are the second person who says the ringtone doesn't show up on Zedge search but for me, it is there.   You are searching "downton" and not "downtown" I am hoping  ;-)

Options

5 Posts

09-28-2016

United States of America

12 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 80 of 986

2016-09-28, 0:35 AM

where can I find the device help in the phone to try the temp fix..

thanks 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms