01-24-2018

BR

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 971 of 986

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

2018-01-24, 10:20 AM

I have a Moto Z2 Play and I'm also experiencing the notification low volume issue. But I've noticed that playing sound in notification channel for a longer time makes the volume go louder. So I've built a sound file with a longer time and set it up as the notification sound, and when played, it starts with a low volume but, after one second or so, the volume goes up to the normal level and I can hear the sound as I expected. I know it's not the best solution, but at least I'm not losing notifications anymore.

Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

US

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 972 of 986

2018-04-25, 21:02 PM

wrote:

I have a Moto Z2 Play and I'm also experiencing the notification low volume issue. But I've noticed that playing sound in notification channel for a longer time makes the volume go louder. So I've built a sound file with a longer time and set it up as the notification sound, and when played, it starts with a low volume but, after one second or so, the volume goes up to the normal level and I can hear the sound as I expected. I know it's not the best solution, but at least I'm not losing notifications anymore.

What I can tell you right now, is that you're totally not experiencing the old sound notification issue. What you have is the forced escelating ringtone that was forced on everyone. It even messes with alarms even though the option for that is still available and doesn't work. Let's hope (even though very doubtful...) That this will no longer be an issue when we finally start getting Android 8, but I VERY much doubt it. They've yet to still fix the Moto Gestures from randomly stop working, and resetting the device is the only way to fix it. They won't even give us an option so far to turn off escalating ringtone, meanwhile the most basic function these devices are meant for, does not work properly, or adequately. Could just be as easy fixed as getting another device that's not Motorola if they're going to treat us like children...

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Options

20 Posts

04-03-2014

GB

26 Signins

254 Page Views

• Views: 254
  • Message 973 of 986

2018-07-20, 16:47 PM

Let us hope that at the same time, you will fix the loss of service notification that beeps on my car and that of my wife's every time our phones dip below the signal. No way to turn it off and sometimes it beeps at 10 second intervals for hours on end.

Imagine the noise. Luckily my wife is stone deaf, but I get the noise from both phones, unless I turn them off, which somewhat defeats the object of having a mobile phone.

If it's not fixed soon, both our Moto z Play phones will be dumped in a skip, and I will change brand for the first time since I bought my first BRICK in 1982.

Get a life Moro, and let your customers travel on peace. I don't care if I have no signal. It is the norm in the north of the UK on the three network.

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Views: 25605
  • Message 974 of 986

2018-07-20, 17:27 PM

wrote:

Let us hope that at the same time, you will fix the loss of service notification that beeps on my car and that of my wife's every time our phones dip below the signal. No way to turn it off and sometimes it beeps at 10 second intervals for hours on end.

Imagine the noise. Luckily my wife is stone deaf, but I get the noise from both phones, unless I turn them off, which somewhat defeats the object of having a mobile phone.

If it's not fixed soon, both our Moto z Play phones will be dumped in a skip, and I will change brand for the first time since I bought my first BRICK in 1982.

Get a life Moro, and let your customers travel on peace. I don't care if I have no signal. It is the norm in the north of the UK on the three network.

wrote:

Have you turned off the Roaming tone and Network Lost tine in the Sound Settings?  And they still play the tones?

~Scott
Options

20 Posts

04-03-2014

GB

26 Signins

254 Page Views

• Views: 254
  • Message 975 of 986

2018-07-20, 17:55 PM

The page that you show does not appear on my settings screen. I have .been through every app on my phone, including settings, and turned off every sound setting except for ring tone. Makes no difference.

Thanks for trying.

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Have you turned off the Roaming tone and Network Lost tine in the Sound Settings?  And they still play the tones?

Options

6 Posts

03-22-2017

US

23 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 976 of 986

2018-07-20, 17:55 PM

Oreo 8.0 and the quiet escalating ring is still not fixed.

Options

11455 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1167 Signins

158290 Page Views

• Views: 158290
  • Message 977 of 986

2018-07-30, 19:42 PM

Hi JMHubbard,

The ascending ringtone is working as designed. Thanks for your feedback though. I will pass this along to our Product Support Teams.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

12-19-2016

US

51 Signins

445 Page Views

• Views: 445
  • Message 978 of 986

2018-07-31, 0:04 AM

When you pay $800 fif a phone you should be able to turn on/off some of the features. And this is one of them. I miss notifications because of it. I may be forced to try another mfgr next time. Even tho I have owned Motorola phones for several years. Most of us don't want this feature. Take a poll. It's not gaining Lenovo any points by ignoring what the majority want. At least give us the option of disabling the ascending ringtone.

Options

61 Posts

10-20-2012

US

170 Signins

2115 Page Views

• Views: 2115
  • Message 979 of 986

2018-07-31, 0:15 AM

@Agent_Rich, please stop saying that it "works as designed." Nobody is unclear about that. The design is just not in support of your customers' preferences, which is why this issue won't go away. 

Also, please stop patronizing us by telling us that you will "pass this along." There is ample evidence in this forum over the last two years that this is simply not happening.

Thomas B Boettcher
Options

2018-08-01, 17:56 PM

Nothing will happen (No miracles), entire Moto team is only worried of selling the product but not about its quality or after sale service (which is actually worst).

Soon Moto will also lose the market just like Nokia.

I am also blacklisting Moto products for ever. No recommendations to any of my known circles.

Best justification is that I am seeing this post in the forum since for past 01year 08Months but never seen any updates or fix from Moto.

Goodluck and Goodbye!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete