Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 952 (32,420 Views)

Quiet notifications moto z

After the Aug security update all of my notifications are very quiet.  The volume is turned all the way up and music and video play loud. It is just the notifications. Even going into mail and trying to sample other types of notifications they are all barely audible. I have cleared cache and don't factory reset. Anyone else?

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 952 (32,139 Views)

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

since you said you did a factroy reset then my only suggestion is to do it again but do not chose to do an auto-restore and set it fresh. personally i never chose auto-restore because it can carry over problems or setting i dotn want.

i hope this fixes your issue and please post the results 

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 952 (32,133 Views)

I have done that as well. I did a fresh install. A number of other people are experiencing the same thing based on positing from another forums. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 952 (32,130 Views)

can you PM me some links to the others please 

Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 952 (32,116 Views)

Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 952 (32,104 Views)

[ Edited ]

nothing appears to work. 

fletch33 wrote:

can you PM me some links to the others please 

SCSI Port
Message 7 of 952 (31,980 Views)

I have the same issue. Volume is loud with all audio except for Ringtones and notifications. I've done a complete, fresh, like new factory reset, not using any saved app data etc. I love this phone so far, but this is not acceptable. I know that updates sometimes have issues, but my concern is how long will it be before there is a patch to fix this.
Paper Tape
Message 8 of 952 (31,972 Views)

Yep, I have the same problem. Worked fine before the update, now the notifications volume is very low. The normal phone ringtone is fine, but my texts and email notifiers are low volume. I have not reset my phone, as others here and elsewhere have said it did not fix the issue.

So, Lenovo, what's the fix?

Thanks,

Chad

HDMI
Message 9 of 952 (31,917 Views)

Same problem here.  Low notification tone even though it's set to 100%.  My answering service contacts me via text for emergencies and if it's not loud enough to wake me up in the middle of the night, it's a big problem.  Is there any fix with a volume control app??  I've tried some and they all just tell me that the volume is already all the way up.  Help us out Lenovo.  This is a real problem, not just a minor glitch.

SCSI Port
Message 10 of 952 (31,863 Views)

I will also add that when the phone rings there is about a 4 second delay before the ring tone can even be heard. I have vibration on as well for calls and it vibrates about 3 times before ring tone can be heard. This is in addition to the low notification volume issue since the update. 

Top kudoed Authors