Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 491 of 952 (9,852 Views)

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

I've sent the e-mail first. I've got a call from someone from Motorola couple hours later. 

For me that is the official "excuse" for the issue because never they can assume or even acknowledge that this issue is present on any product. In some countries (is the case down here in Brazil) manufacturer can be forced to suspend sales immediately to avoid court proceeds, recalls and penalties because it can be considered manufacturer defect. That is why they tell ~security purposes~ . I agree, this argument doesn't make any kind of sense. But this is the way that they have to deceive us. 

SCSI Port
Message 492 of 952 (9,809 Views)

Tlucent wrote:

I've sent the e-mail first. I've got a call from someone from Motorola couple hours later. 

For me that is the official "excuse" for the issue because never they can assume or even acknowledge that this issue is present on any product. In some countries (is the case down here in Brazil) manufacturer can be forced to suspend sales immediately to avoid court proceeds, recalls and penalties because it can be considered manufacturer defect. That is why they tell ~security purposes~ . I agree, this argument doesn't make any kind of sense. But this is the way that they have to deceive us. 

That makes some sense than, but even then, I still don't think it would be that big of an issue to issue a recall. Something would have to be very seriously wrong to warrent a recall (like an exploding phone for example). Of course this is more than likely my blaring ignorance since I don't know how standards are for a recall in Brazil.

All I know is Motorola/Lenovo needs to step it up here really soon... Android 7 hasn't been released still to the Droid Moto Z Play (USA, Verizon), and Sony has announced that they WILL be one of the first companies to have Android 7.1.1 on their device besides Google's Pixel...

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 493 of 952 (9,736 Views)

I have a Moto Z. The volume fails continuously. Notifications are not heard, calls are heard low at first and then saturates the speaker. When I listen to music with the phone's speaker, the volume varies without being driven or raised. There are times when the speaker becomes saturated and it becomes impossible to listen. I have Android 7.0 Official.
Motorola Admin
Message 494 of 952 (9,632 Views)

I'm happy to report that we're finalizing a software change that will address this issue and restore the notification volume to previous levels. We expect to start final testing very soon. 

I'll provide more information when I have details on delivery of the software. 

802.11n
Message 495 of 952 (9,375 Views)

MattForumsMngr wrote:

I'm happy to report that we're finalizing a software change that will address this issue and restore the notification volume to previous levels. We expect to start final testing very soon. 

I'll provide more information when I have details on delivery of the software. 

This is fantastic news Matt.  Thank you so very much for the update!

SCSI Port
Message 496 of 952 (9,361 Views)

This is encouraging news. Thanks Matt. After 4 months of complaints it's finally going to be fixed. One wonders if it's just a coincidence that in the last 2 weeks people on here have started to email the CEO's of Lenovo, and now we suddenly have recognition of the problem and a promised fix. It's great that it's being fixed though, that's the main thing no matter how it's happened!

Fanfold Paper
Message 497 of 952 (9,341 Views)

Thanks!

SCSI Port
Message 498 of 952 (9,333 Views)

That's great news Matt! Long time coming, but great news nonetheless. 

SCSI Port
Message 499 of 952 (9,316 Views)

Dude sweet 

Punch Card
Message 500 of 952 (9,313 Views)

Great news. Hopefully there will be something in the new update to help with the "in-call" sound quality that seemed to get messed up with the Nougat update. It is very staticy when talking on yhe phone now. Looking forward to the fix.

Top kudoed Authors