Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmf1
802.11n
Views: 1,524
Message 481 of 971

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

The Bonus item with the Disable Increasing Ringtone app is to have the notification icon displayed in the notification bar at the top of the phone. 

beavis10
Paper Tape
Views: 1,445
Message 482 of 971

Just another observation for those using the Device Help fix... The fix stops working if you reboot. You have to go through the process again to fix it. Very annoying.

I agree with everyone here saying that Lenovo should just fix this and I'm sure they will. Just not holding my breath for a quick turnaround. This is my 4th Motorola Android phone, and definitely not the first with an annoying bug.
CarteFamily
Serial Port
Views: 1,378
Message 483 of 971

I just got a Verizon ad promoting Motorola deals on Twitter and replied warning people against it. 

Master2873
SCSI Port
Views: 1,241
Message 484 of 971

@beavis10 wrote:
Just another observation for those using the Device Help fix... The fix stops working if you reboot. You have to go through the process again to fix it. Very annoying.

I agree with everyone here saying that Lenovo should just fix this and I'm sure they will. Just not holding my breath for a quick turnaround. This is my 4th Motorola Android phone, and definitely not the first with an annoying bug.

A lot of things like this have been reported as well in this thread. Just, it's been buried lol. The work around with device help creates more issues than it fixes. I would no longer reccomend it. Also, I think someone said that after the device help app got an update, this didn't really didn't work anymore.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Tlucent
Punch Card
Views: 1,072
Message 485 of 971

So if the guys want to flood mail inbox from Lenovo CEO and Motorola Mobility CEO with complaint about Moto Z, send to aymar@lenovo.com and yang@lenovo.com

I believe that is the only way to make them take their b*** off the chair and push engineering to present a solution for this issue.

Regards.

mantici
Fanfold Paper
Views: 983
Message 486 of 971

Done, thanks for the email addresses:::

Dear sirs, 

I'm sure you've heard this story already but after buying 3, yes 3 (one for each member of my family) Moto Z Play Droid's from Verizon, we all received a software update that absolutely obliterated the notification volume, as well as implementing an escalating ringtone volume.

This is a well documented annoyance on your own forums, you can read ALL 49+ pages of complaints and discussions on this here:  

It is absurd to think i have a phone that i can only BARELY hear the notification after an update that YOUR COMPANY pushed out..

It's simple (to avoid you being liable) : add it as a setting, default it to on but let me turn it off, when i do, warn me with some legal mumbo-jumbo that tells me Lenovo is NOT LIABLE for ANY health issues that may occur due to this setting being off.  I'll HAPPILY acknowledge it.

Make it my choice, not yours.  

Thank you for your time

-----------------------------------------
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code
falsivas
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 962
Message 487 of 971

Email sent to both - got bounceback from yang though... will see if aymar replies....

Master2873
SCSI Port
Views: 853
Message 488 of 971

I don't understand where people think that they're worried about being sued by people with the loud speaker... There are many phones that use the same setup without the escalating ringtone and reduced notification volume.

Another thing to be worth asking is, who in the hell is going to have the loud speaker next to their ear when they're not using their phone as a real phone?!?!?!

This is obviously a rumor since they didn't come out and say why the update did this to our devices, but I think it's nonsense to think they would even be a fraction of a bit worried about being sued from some weird person who wants to willingly deafen themselves...
"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Nickname303
SCSI Port
Views: 838
Message 489 of 971

@Master2873 wrote:
I don't understand where people think that they're worried about being sued by people with the loud speaker... There are many phones that use the same setup without the escalating ringtone and reduced notification volume.

Another thing to be worth asking is, who in the hell is going to have the loud speaker next to their ear when they're not using their phone as a real phone?!?!?!

This is obviously a rumor since they didn't come out and say why the update did this to our devices, but I think it's nonsense to think they would even be a fraction of a bit worried about being sued from some weird person who wants to willingly deafen themselves...

That's exactly what I was saying about a week ago. Then someone on here said that they sent an email to some of the Lenovo head honcho's about the problem. This person then apparently got a call from a representative not long after and they were told that it was indeed done deliberately to protect people's hearing. Doesn't make sense to me either but that's apparently the reason

jkaod
HDMI
Views: 785
Message 490 of 971

I think that the "litigation worry over hearing loss" is their excuse, NOT the reason that it happened.

Top Kudoed Authors